Driveclub Scenery

• Thread starter MeanElf
  • 1,011 comments
United Kingdom
Solid Gone
MeanElf
Just like with the GT5 and GT6 photomode forums, there are threads dedicated to the beauty that can be found all around the central action that is the race or TT event.

These photos can include cars, but the main focus should be on the extra details that the developers at Evolution have painstakingly added into this game.

I'm sure that @G.T.Ace and more than a few others will put me to shame, but after the GT6 scenery thread, I just can't help it :lol:

Please join in and let's see what we can find together...

DRIVECLUB™_20141122125734.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20141130085901.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20141130090942.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20141201012505.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20141201004723.jpg

Last edited:
When it comes to taking photos of the scenery, I'm really disappointed that the camera is so height limited.
Yeah, I think it's a parameter based upon the radius from the selected vehicle, so we can only ever go a certain distance in any direction. I do agree, it would be more fun to travel further, like in GT5 and 6 - in those you can 'walk' around the whole track, if you wanted.

Yeah, I think it's a parameter based upon the radius from the selected vehicle, so we can only ever go a certain distance in any direction. I do agree, it would be more fun to travel further, like in GT5 and 6 - in those you can 'walk' around the whole track, if you wanted.

Mind you it's quicker to take a trip in a P1 to that special bit of track than carry a heavy lens filled camera bag up and down some of those hills. I too want to be able to ascend to the skies like "Rushy" did in that Driveclub weather trailer/preview. I suspect we will still be fairly limited heightwise. Imagine the extra modelling requirements for landscape that can't be driven on out to the horizon. It would be a lot of extra work.

Last edited:
Mind you it's quicker to take a trip in a P1 to that special bit of track than carry a heavy lens filled camera bag up and down some of those hills. I too want to be able to ascend to the skies like "Rushy" did in that Driveclub weather trailer/preview. I suspect we will still be fairly limited heightwise. Imagine the extra modelling requirements for landscape that can't be driven on out to the horizon. It would be a lot of extra work.
True indeed on both counts 👍 Awkward and not yet ideal it may be, but it's still better than lugging the gear in real life :lol:

I do believe that some improvements in rendering will come with the next patch too, maybe more will follow later.

True indeed on both counts 👍 Awkward and not yet ideal it may be, but it's still better than lugging the gear in real life :lol:

I do believe that some improvements in rendering will come with the next patch too, maybe more will follow later.

Might just be a fix for ocassions when it won't render like sometimes when zoomed in and close up. Then again maybe it will render in even better quality.

That's not my feeling at all. You can get a pretty decent distance from your selected car, but even if you set the camera right next to your car and try to go as far high up as possible, it will be the same no matter how far you are away from your car.

...but even if you set the camera right next to your car and try to go as far high up as possible, it will be the same no matter how far you are away from your car.
Ah, shows how much attention I've been paying to what I do then :lol:

Back