Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
Logitech are our of the wheel periphial business. They aren't making them anymore, and as such, they aren't going to sell any more wheels. The wheels still up for sale in varies stores across the world have already been paid for by the stores. So fact is, Logitech does not gain any profit from making or licensing new drivers for their wheels.
Got a source for that? I haven't seen anywhere that Logitech said they weren't making wheels anymore. As a matter of fact they just rereleased the G27 with a few upgrades from the old design a few months ago.

Yes I have read both of them when posted and its also stated in both articles that the G27 is a PC peripheral and that Logitech has stated they are not leaving the PC market. So they ARE still producing the G27. With a simple driver release they can continue to sell wheels for the console market without actually being in the console market. Licensing fees is the part of the console market they are leaving.

Not much info about Logitech wheels out there but the tweet by Logitech and insidesimracing's question to Logitech says they're still in the PC wheel market.

Got a source for that? I haven't seen anywhere that Logitech said they weren't making wheels anymore. As a matter of fact they just rereleased the G27 with a few upgrades from the old design a few months ago.

You've been here since 2011, a VERY simple web search would have given you the official announcement.

I cant find anywhere that has stated Logitech are no longer making the G27. So if you can find somewhere that Logitech stated they are no longer making them please share.

That's it then, they are still being manufacted and supported.
Add to that the fact that Sony said it was up to the game devs and the wheel manufactures if wheels would be compatiable with the PS4 and I think the G27 will work, once their is a game on the PS4 that can use a wheel.

Are you reading something different than me? There is nothing that say's PS4 on their page." A simulator-grade racing experience to the PC and PlayStation 3" plain as day nothing that says PS4.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca/gaming-controllers/g27-racing-wheel

I own a PS4 and yes I hope my wheel works also. Don't hold your breath, or assume anything, until it is confirmed by Sony,Logitech,or Drive Club.

Last edited:
Your right, but why wouldn't they provide the drivers? They can do nothing but make money by doing so.
They refused to provide support to Sony/PD when kaz tried to get the best from the wheels in GT5. I read this on GTplanet somewhere, long time ago.

"We would like to make it very clear that the development of Driveclub on PS4 is going from strength to strength," a Sony spokesperson said. "The announced studio changes across WWS yesterday have not affected the development of Driveclub or the Driveclub team, which has always had great direction and continues to do so. We have full confidence that the game will deliver on its PS4 promise to be the first truly socially connected racing title and we are very pleased and excited by the calibre of work from Evolution Studios.

"The progress being made on the game is spectacular, so we're looking forward to sharing an update on development, release date and videos of the game in action in the weeks to come. We thank you for your patience and assure you, it will be worth the wait."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-26-sony-commits-to-2014-release-for-ps4-racer-driveclub

Weird how Sony is taking its time with this, you'd think they'd be rushing to release it. Is it that bad or are they not telling us something.

Wow. I'm depressed right now...
Don't be Toko - he actually left back in February and that apparently had nothing to do with the situation regarding DC.

Well, maybe it might have, but only in the sense that he had planned to leave after DC came out (original release date was November 2013) to start another studio.

Driveclub director quits.
That's a bit of a sensationalist statement, considering what the article opens with.

Don't be Toko - he actually left back in February and that apparently had nothing to do with the situation regarding DC.

Well, maybe it might have, but only in the sense that he had planned to leave after DC came out (original release date was November 2013) to start another studio.
Really? 0.0 Well. He should release DC before he leaves, haha. :)

Back