Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
Sometime last week I had one of the very rare occasions where an online wasn't a crash fest. Hot hatches at Tamil Nadu saw me in a Mini GP against a couple of Golf GTI's. There was a bit of door bashing but it was a fair fight. I might've finished 3rd, but it shows there are people out there that can have a good clean race as the 3 of us left the rest of the pack in the dust.

The next race at Trotternish in Sports with different people saw me just decimate the pack.

When are we going to find out what this fast car is?
It should be sometime today according to the FB post yesterday. They usually update with this kind of stuff after office hours, so anytime from now on really.

Yeah, @AudiMan2011 I've had a few clean races too (and I don't go online very often) so it's a pleasure to race like that as the tracks are technical enough to keep it interesting.

It should be sometime today according to the FB post yesterday. They usually update with this kind of stuff after office hours, so anytime from now on really.

OK thanks it's just like Christmas every time a new car is unveiled for Driveclub :)

Here's the full res version of the video's thumbnail. That wheel definitely looks like it's from a Koenigsegg.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm glad it isn't the Bugatti Veyron 16.4. It had way too much appearances in racing games over the last years and personally I always disliked the handling of the car (in games of course). Besides Koenigegg, thankfully EvolutionStudios is interested in putting cars in the game that no one never heard of.

* Adds a new Multiplayer game mode: Team Time Trial.
* Adds a new track offering 2 variants: Kobago in Japan.
* All add-on Tours have new progress requirements: You need 8 Stars (previously 12) to progress to the second stage and 22 Stars (previously 27) to open up the final Championship.
* Adds the ability to choose from a collection of factory Paint Jobs during vehicle selection prior to an Event.
* Adds the option to enable the Rev Counter in cockpit view.
* Decreases the threshold on the manumatic downshift limiter to allow players to downshift earlier.
* Reduces the drying time for rain splatter on the screen when in Chase Cam.
* Implements ghosting under certain conditions in Multiplayer races to prevent track blocking.
* Allows the 'Contender' and 'Unbeatable' Trophies to be unlocked even if the challenges expire when you are not online.
* Includes a number of minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.

Update 1.11 Add-ons (coming to PlayStation®Store Feb 24-26):

* Adds support for the VUHL 05, coming to PlayStation®Store as a free download.
* Adds support for the DOWNFORCE Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on.
* The Downforce Car Pack includes: Ferrari F50, Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Centennial Edition, SRT Viper GTS, Koenigsegg One:1 and Jaguar F-Type R Coupé.
* The Downforce Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
* Adds support for the Midnight Tour Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on.
* The Midnight Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
* Adds support for 2 new livery packs, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.

What else is coming to DRIVECLUB?

* Server upgrades: to improve stability and performance for all current players and to enable the release of the PS+ Edition and DRIVECLUB companion app.
* Private lobbies: Development of Private Lobbies for Multiplayer is ongoing alongside development of server upgrades.
* Replays: are in the final stages of development and testing. It's likely that offline replays will come ahead of Multiplayer replays.
* Changes to drift scoring: to ensure that you are rewarded for momentum, control and staying on the track in drift zones.
* Lots more cars: We can't say what's coming just yet, but many of your most commonly requested cars and manufacturers are coming to DRIVECLUB, along with a few surprises.
* New ranks: because many of you are at Level 50 already.
* Lots more! Please keep sharing your feedback about DRIVECLUB with us to help the game continue to evolve around you.

You're welcome.

Yessssssss, Ferrari F50 and trophies fixed. :D Oh, Evolution Studios, you certainly know how to make a guy flustered on Valentines weekend! :sly: :lol:

* Adds a new Multiplayer game mode: Team Time Trial.
* Adds a new track offering 2 variants: Kobago in Japan.
* All add-on Tours have new progress requirements: You need 8 Stars (previously 12) to progress to the second stage and 22 Stars (previously 27) to open up the final Championship.
* Adds the ability to choose from a collection of factory Paint Jobs during vehicle selection prior to an Event.
* Adds the option to enable the Rev Counter in cockpit view.
* Decreases the threshold on the manumatic downshift limiter to allow players to downshift earlier.
* Reduces the drying time for rain splatter on the screen when in Chase Cam.
* Implements ghosting under certain conditions in Multiplayer races to prevent track blocking.
* Allows the 'Contender' and 'Unbeatable' Trophies to be unlocked even if the challenges expire when you are not online.
* Includes a number of minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.

Update 1.11 Add-ons (coming to PlayStation®Store Feb 24-26):

* Adds support for the VUHL 05, coming to PlayStation®Store as a free download.
* Adds support for the DOWNFORCE Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on.
* The Downforce Car Pack includes: Ferrari F50, Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Centennial Edition, SRT Viper GTS, Koenigsegg One:1 and Jaguar F-Type R Coupé.
* The Downforce Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
* Adds support for the Midnight Tour Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on.
* The Midnight Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
* Adds support for 2 new livery packs, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.

What else is coming to DRIVECLUB?

* Server upgrades: to improve stability and performance for all current players and to enable the release of the PS+ Edition and DRIVECLUB companion app.
* Private lobbies: Development of Private Lobbies for Multiplayer is ongoing alongside development of server upgrades.
* Replays: are in the final stages of development and testing. It's likely that offline replays will come ahead of Multiplayer replays.
* Changes to drift scoring: to ensure that you are rewarded for momentum, control and staying on the track in drift zones.
* Lots more cars: We can't say what's coming just yet, but many of your most commonly requested cars and manufacturers are coming to DRIVECLUB, along with a few surprises.
* New ranks: because many of you are at Level 50 already.
* Lots more! Please keep sharing your feedback about DRIVECLUB with us to help the game continue to evolve around you.

You're welcome.

f6f.gif

To be honest, I respect Koenigsegg but their cars always leave me cold. *shrugs* I hope the other cars that will be revealed tomorrow will be sexier...

*please let us have an F-Type*

Someone is happy :P

Didn't expect the F50 to join. When was the last time it was represented in a game?

Should be fun comparing the Vuhl to the other track cars. Jag will be drift-tastic.

Pretty sure i used it a lot in Forza 4.
Didn't expect the F50 to join. When was the last time it was represented in a game?

Should be fun comparing the Vuhl to the other track cars. Jag will be drift-tastic.

That frustrating moment where the servers go offline right at the moment you've beaten the 1st place on a challenge...

On a positive note, the upcoming update and DLC looks brilliant. Bit disappointed that replays aren't ready yet, but yet another new track is a very welcome surprise. Does the update arrive a week before the DLC?

Last edited:
Back