Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
Evidence?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/10/driveclub-free-dlc-schedule-detailed/

Do you guys reckon this game would of been better without the Club Aspect added to it?
I was concerned about it all at first, before launch, but once it began working, it all seems quite natural.

Certain aspect might have been better thought out - for one, I'd have liked to be able to join more than one club, but I imagine that'd be a real headache.

Second point is the amount of inactive players in clubs, in effect you lose access to all of that XP if you move club. It really should be transferrable so you don't really get left with inactive members.

Last edited:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/10/driveclub-free-dlc-schedule-detailed/

I was concerned about it all at first, before launch, but once it began working, it all seems quite natural.

Certain aspect might have been better thought out - for one, I'd have liked to be able to join more than one club, but I imagine that's be a real headache.

Second point is the amount of inactive players in clubs, in effect you lose access to all of that XP if you move club. It really should be transferrable so you don't really get left with inactive members.

Thank you!

Also, clubs are pointless when so limited in size. Better to have any size, but points only count from top 6 players, so smaller clubs have the same chance as bigger ones. Imo.

Thank you!

Also, clubs are pointless when so limited in size. Better to have any size, but points only count from top 6 players, so smaller clubs have the same chance as bigger ones. Imo.
I think clubs should have a cap of 12 or 24 instead of 6.

Looks like Evo is starting to listen to fans. F-Type, Viper, One:1, and yet another Corvette.

But those stubborn people that only like cars from one make/country still want some JDMs or a Lambo.

And the free car is yet another car from another make that I've never heard of.

I honestly believe those cars were planned a long time ago. They were asked a while back about about some of those cars and did not deny they were coming. They just confirmed they are adding cars and manufactures based on requests. It takes 6 months to create a car for the game So July could be the requested car pack.

6 months for a car? :odd:
I've heard that before... And that wasn't about Driveclub...
From getting the licensing for the particular car, through to the initial data gathering (laser scanning, reference photos, physics data, etc.), all the way to actually modelling the car itself, it doesn't seem so farfetched to take so 'long' to get an accurate representation of a car in a driving game. If that's what you were implying.

ahhh, such a cool feeling when you push hard to beat somebody's challenge and you finally manage, yay, tamil nadu 3 in the m235i the win is now mine (I think at least, haha, 5 hours to go)

6 months for a car? :odd:
I've heard that before... And that wasn't about Driveclub...

The whole 6 months thing was from GT because 1 person did the whole car.

"6 months to make a car" is a common statement to several developers :)

Dan Greenawalt (Turn 10)

http://www.oxm.co.uk/65965/were-not...ople-misunderstand-the-way-these-things-work/

I think people misunderstand the way these things work. It takes us six months to build a car, so when I say there's a ten-car pack launching day one - they're not done. We're not done with them yet

Jamie Brayshaw (Evolution Studios)

Seven months. That’s how long it takes to create one car in DriveClub. It’s a painstaking process, and a testament to Evolution’s obsessive level of detail, rivalling that of the perfectionists at Polyphony Digital – a team of passionate petrolheads who are notoriously pedantic when it comes to modelling cars for Gran Turismo.

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comm...Lifting-the-bonnet-on-the-PS4s-flagship-racer

Yeah but it does not tell the full truth, It takes 6 or 7 months to create the car by 1 person however these studios are huge these days and have several hundred people working at them so they never have a single person working on 1 car ;)

Yeah but it does not tell the full truth, It takes 6 or 7 months to create the car by 1 person however these studios are huge these days and have several hundred people working at them so they never have a single person working on 1 car ;)

You don't know if they have more people working on the same car

Wait a second, isn't the whole 6 months thing about 'man hours' rather than actual time?

Wait a second, isn't the whole 6 months thing about 'man hours' rather than actual time?
I think in GT's case it was man-hours. In DC's case though, it's actual months...though having said that, the recent interview with Kazunori-san by Top Gear seems to imply it all takes a lot longer, especially in the case of the VGTs.

Alright so I got my hands on the new update. I don't have the cars yet but I checked out the bug fixes and a few additions.

First off, the new factory colours option is pretty cool. Also the gear downshifts are more willing now, no more of the "Access Denied" nonsense.

the new Kobago circuit is nice. It has great scenery, a nice hill climb and descent. What I found quite nice though is this:

10987001_10153023821528904_2101505048639389797_n.jpg

I just popped into Photomode to look at the dirt on the car and I SAW A FREAKING BUTTERFLY... Too bad I hit it...
Anywho, once more, I enjoy the attention to detail.

...I just popped into Photomode to look at the dirt on the car and I SAW A FREAKING BUTTERFLY... Too bad I hit it...
Anywho, once more, I enjoy the attention to detail.
Did you not notice the butterflies before? They're everywhere, well, maybe not Chile or Norway, but Scotland, Canada, Japan and India. There do seem to more of them on the new track though.

The cars will be available next week.

Latest Posts

Back