Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
Hi guys. Just saw Drive club is on the sale ( PSM store ) Wanna ask do this game worth it ??? How is ffb feels ?? In comparison with PC2 and AC??

Driveclub is a great game, but the FFB is very arcadey & unrealistic feeling; nothing whatsoever like AC or PC, but it does have some nice weight shift effects at high speed.

btw. @MeanElf, @KennyL74 and @VBR, is it cool if I drop you guys a friend request? I'm looking to expand my network of people who actively play the game, as it is all the more fun seeing names you know pop up within the game. Same goes for anyone else who still actively play the game.

I don't have PS Plus & therefore don't go online for racing. Which is ironic as that's all I did in GT5/GT6, but no PS4 racing games are doing it for me at present.

Last edited:
When I I played GTS beta my first thoughts were that the physics were similar to Driveclubs for the most part, except Driveclubs physics don't fall down with inconsistencies and doesn't try to hide from what it is, an arcade game. It doesn't try to convince people it is a SIM. Anyway yesterday I played Drive club again after a week on GTS and I appreciate Driveclubs physics much more now.

This has been me for the past 5 or 6 years. From 2000 to about 2009 I was really into the sim thing. Now though I just don't have the time or energy to commit to it. Just want to pick up the controller and play a bit once in a while...

I had an unexpected blast with the GTS demo and went right ahead and pre-ordered. It certainly doesn't have the sense of speed or the overall thrill of DriveClub, but it seems like it will also perfectly fit my current requirements for an engaging controller (with motion control steering) based racing game.

If you want, you can join my club. I've got one spot open, and being in a high level club gives you more exp. Send a friend invite my way on PSN if you're interested ;)
Ok it would be great. Whats yours psn id??

I had an unexpected blast with the GTS demo and went right ahead and pre-ordered. It certainly doesn't have the sense of speed or the overall thrill of Drive Club, but it seems like it will also perfectly fit my current requirements for an engaging controller (with motion control steering) based racing game.
Well i was milisecond to push the button and preorder GTS. But it s really bad game and dont worth this price at all. I tryed 30 min Drive club and i can say 100% - sure it s same or better than GTS only difererence is DC is pure arcade but GtS want to be real driving simulator but is miles away. Gts is only lite photoeditor, with option to drive awful physics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I might be coming back to DriveClub - and other semi-sims and arcade racers (the selection of new titles seems a little slim at the moment, although I've also been having fun with Redout and WipEout lately).
Maybe it's just getting older - 41 very soon - but my gaming habits and interests seem to be changing a lot over the last year or two - and very surprisingly after 15+ years of enjoying sim racing, with FFB wheel, on and off, I just seem unable to get into that lately. I've gone so far as trying to use the PS4 controller instead of my wheel in Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa, but that just doesn't feel quite right.

While I can still sometimes set off enough time for fairly long gaming sessions, I mostly just seem to want something that's a bit easier to just quickly jump in and out of and still get full enjoyment. Right now that appears to be mostly arcade(ish) racing games and some shooters (playing Destiny 2 at the moment, although it's unlikely to be long term, and will probably get Battlefront 2 in November). And perhaps a couple of the most compelling, large story based games in a year (as fantastic as my 150+ hours in The Witcher 3 were, I'm also having trouble imagining that kind of gaming commitment again. Although I'm sure it will happen again).
Try Rocket League if you haven't. Hey its cars that fly and a football. But it still counts. Amazing game.

Scary things are happening in Driveclub. I've made it into the top 5000, but how it happened was weird. I was at around 5120, literally just one spot under Gr4ndy, but the next day, I was suddenly in the sub 5000 range. It's as if some 100 plus people just disappeared from the leaderboard. Gr4ndy moved down with me, so I'm quite confident that it wasn't just the leaderboard taking its time updating the numbers.

Something fishy is going down, I tell ya! But at least I made it into the top 5000. Yay me :dopey:

...It's as if some 100 plus people just disappeared from the leaderboard. Gr4ndy moved down with me, so I'm quite confident that it wasn't just the leaderboard taking its time updating the numbers...
Yeah, seen that before - maybe a clear-out of cheaters or belated action by Sony via the report player function against some of the online idiots.

VXR
Better late than never, my wife bought me a PS4 with Fifa today, so I'll finally be able to pick this up. Still looks great and a quick go on a demo Pod a few months back felt really good.
Enjoy, I'm fairly sure you will after hanging around the thread for so long :)

The AI in Driveclub is pretty good. They maintain good awareness of their surroundings without becoming absolute doormats when you challenge their position. They also mess up in believable ways, especially when driving the Ariel Atom :lol:

They could stand to be a bit faster on Legend, but overall, I've been pretty impressed by it, especially for a game that isn't a sim.

So I hear there's a hard-core handling mode? Is it worth using that or are the default physics good enough if I'm someone very used to Horizon2/3? I prefer them being a bit looser for arcade races.

I would recommend you use the original handling. It's more arcade, but still realistic enough. Hardcore mode disables TC, SC and some other assists. It's for sure less forgiving (if any) + it would be extremly hard to get gold stars in the events with hc enabled.

Hardcore mode can be great fun, and it affects the AI too, so it won't make races unfair. However, it also comes with the most annoying type of penalty system that slows you down and prevents you from accelerating for a set amount of time if you so much as grace the wall or other cars. It's a great handling mode, but the implementation could've been better.

Guess who has Driveclub :cheers:

rsz_fb_img_1516452767239.png

Imagine how great this would look enhanced for the Pro with HDR support. :bowdown:
It still holds up in 1080p really well. The lighting and rain effects are still second to none for me.
A bit sad to see that the next game from those guys (now at Codemasters) will be pretty goofy. Not a fan of those games. Sort of wasted talent. Would've rather seen a Driveclub 2 with another name.

VXR
I don't think some of the landscapes look that good under close scrutiny, but as a whole with the lighting and weather effects, WOW.

You're doing something wrong if you're able to spot deficiencies in the terrain while driving ;)

Very nice picture of the New Beetle

I think i would like to argue this often used argument: "if you pay attention to the terrain quality trackside while driving you do something wrong".
Of course you are not focusing on the trackside terrain and vegetation when driving but that does not mean that your view is limited to the area of the actual track/road. You do see more, for example on straights, if i dont play competitive e-sports, every now and then i look around, i look at a tree, i look at the hills in the distance, i look at the sun rays. When you take a hairpin and you are sort of slow, then you maybe even get how the terrain on the other side of the barrier looks like although you focus the apex. And it adds to the immersion alone to know that you are driving in a game where the visual quality of all elements is on a top level. Of course i dont expect the track side bushes to have the same level of detail as a curb, but its also not completely irrelevant either. When the different areas of the game are too much apart from each other quality wise, then it impacts the game's coherence for you and ultimately how you perceive it. I think that PCars2 is a good example for that. Track surface, curb detail and cars look great, but i find that the quality of everything else on their tracks is too far away from that quality and because of that i have always a slight feeling of: the game is not finished. Its not a coherent unit, it feels more like stitching together parts of different quality.

Last edited:
VXR
Nice of them to make the Aprilia free so you can try out the bike expansion.

View attachment 707894
The bikes really weren't my cup of tea but my friend loved them and was fast out of the box. I definitely think it's a matter of personal preference. I'd have wasted money on them but my friend would get every penny out of it. I think it's nice that DC gave a bike for free so you can check it out.

I just wish you could drive both the bikes and cars on the track at the same time. Would be cool. But it seems they employ two separate physics engines for them, or something like that.

I just wish you could drive both the bikes and cars on the track at the same time. Would be cool. But it seems they employ two separate physics engines for them, or something like that.
I remember back in the day on Burnout Paradise City being able to glitch a race so you can use bikes and cars, used to be separate only like DC. Only problem is the cars would be monster trucks and the bikes would be wrecked :lol:

Back