Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
Did we ever get a statement from them if the club-exclusive cars are going to be available when the servers inevitably go offline?

On the topic of the P1. I'm currently on vacation in England, and after witnessing a very nice parade for Belgian veterans at the British Army HQ, a McLaren P1 casually drives by. I didn't even notice until it was some 10 meters past me. Would've liked a picture.

So yeah. London is apparently the place to be if you wish to see random hyper cars out of nowhere. And Prius's. So many crappy Prius's.

Last edited:
So I wondered why my cat is so interested in watching trackside replays in DC. He wakes up, comes over and starts purring, watching the car in certain weather conditions. So I did a test, and worked out that it's the birds - he can hear them only in trackside view! If a game can keep the moggy entertained you know it's doing it's job.

Yesterday, it was a Ferrari The Ferrari that casually drove by. Followed by about 67 Prius cars.

So was the GTP meet in DC ever happening?
Good timing. :lol:

I'm trying to see people's availability right now, from there we'll be able to schedule something in. :)

The more I see of GT Sport the more I'm put off it..the tracks look bland and featureless compared to DC lush environments..no career mode to speak of, it'll probably still sell millions but I won't be rushing out to buy it, it'll never be a patch on DC's tracks but each to their own I guess and I'll be sticking faithfully with DC for the foreseeable future :bowdown:

A Driveclub VR demo was available to play at Ignition Festival today. I had a go where it was 1 lap of Fraser Valley in the Peugeot EX1 with the G29 wheel.

I was quickly able to get used to the car on the wheel and it didn't feel much different than the standard game on the pad. I liked the extra immersion provided by the PSVR headset.

A Driveclub VR demo was available to play at Ignition Festival today. I had a go where it was 1 lap of Fraser Valley in the Peugeot EX1 with the G29 wheel.

I was quickly able to get used to the car on the wheel and it didn't feel much different than the standard game on the pad. I liked the extra immersion provided by the PSVR headset.
1 lap seems like it's a small go.

So out of curiosity, I just checked the overall leaderboard in the game, and the top player has more than 70 billion fame! How is that even possible? It's more than twice that of the 2nd player on the list. I'm unsure as to whether that is dedication or pure insanity.

I'm currently 5700 on the leaderboard, and I'd like to break back into the top 5000, but I just don't see myself playing the game that much. Nice to see that so many people are still actively playing the game though.

So out of curiosity, I just checked the overall leaderboard in the game, and the top player has more than 70 billion fame! How is that even possible? It's more than twice that of the 2nd player on the list. I'm unsure as to whether that is dedication or pure insanity.

I'm currently 5700 on the leaderboard, and I'd like to break back into the top 5000, but I just don't see myself playing the game that much. Nice to see that so many people are still actively playing the game though.

I've noticed that too and thought exactly the same, to me that number seems impossible..it has to be rigged surely, I'm currently about 1,340 on the leaderboard but it fluctuates a lot

I've noticed that too and thought exactly the same, to me that number seems impossible..it has to be rigged surely, I'm currently about 1,340 on the leaderboard but it fluctuates a lot

It does look rather fishy.

I wish we could see how many hours we've played Driveclub. Would put things into perspective.

Hi,instead, does any of you intend to buy project car 2 or GT Sport?

Not a chance. SMS Studios is pure cancer, and PD isn't much better. Project Cars will no doubt lock all kinds of content away on release again just to make an extra dollar, and the dev team will spout all kinds of lies before release, just as they did with the first game. With the lack of dynamic weather and time of day, GT Sport is taking a significant step back compared to the PS3 games, and the car selection isn't looking that good either.

Ah, back to this game after a long while.

So I recently getting a 4K TV (unfortunately it does not have 10 bit panel so HDR would be not looking any spectacular) which fits my budget. This is also my first time to play Driveclub with built-in frame interpolation feature on the TV -- it is gorgeous. Input lag seems very minimal compared to other games.

I wish Sony would revive this game by just adding new contents, fixes and improvements...I would buy the game third time.

Back