Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
Yeah I know that hence why I play Driveclub on a controller rather than a steering wheel. Most likely it was tailored for proper use on a controller rather than a steering wheel.
True, it does have better than average controller optimisation - not so sure that they didn't focus on wheels though as they have/had wheels set up in their offices. I also recall some folks quite enjoying using a wheel with the game. Of course, I can't remember if there were any set-ups posted, or which wheel - sorry.

I bought it before Christmas I think, but I didn't really feel a click with it. Now GTS has got a bit stale, I felt inclined to load it back up today. I'm going to give it an honest try and hope I get on with it this time.

I told you I'd be back for that platinum and I'm back on the grind, I've done 2 of the 4 bits for the big level 6's trophy. Think I need to do something like another 80 tour events.

Good luck with Venom Pt 2! Give a shout if you need to send challenges for that one trophy.

Isn't that a DLC tour though? Not needed for the Platinum, but necessary for a 100% trophy completion. Of course I have the deepest sympathy for anyone who cannot settle for the Platinum, but require that 100% :)

Isn't that a DLC tour though? Not needed for the Platinum, but necessary for a 100% trophy completion. Of course I have the deepest sympathy for anyone who cannot settle for the Platinum, but require that 100% :)
Yep, you're right. It's DLC so not needed for the platinum - I think the heat has got to me...

I do find it funny that I shall platinum the game on around 24% of the trophy list completed and that is with me dipping into the extra trophy lists.

Good luck with Venom Pt 2! Give a shout if you need to send challenges for that one trophy.

I believe I have this done, it is currently locked however I have won 3 more challenges since I was on last night. Hopefully that was enough.

I believe I have this done, it is currently locked however I have won 3 more challenges since I was on last night. Hopefully that was enough.

I was wrong..... I must be on about 4 now though surely. Personally I think I've done it but the game hasn't fully saved them all but with no way to check I guess the only option is to do more.

Any chance I could send you a friend request and just send you a couple of quick solo challenges to do. I would send them to my friend but he only plays 2 nights a week and he's fully focussed on Far Cry 5 at the moment.

The good news though is im nearly level 5 on Game Mode - Races. When that's level 6 that trophy should pop and it will just be the challenges trophy left.

...Any chance I could send you a friend request and just send you a couple of quick solo challenges to do. I would send them to my friend but he only plays 2 nights a week and he's fully focussed on Far Cry 5 at the moment.

The good news though is im nearly level 5 on Game Mode - Races. When that's level 6 that trophy should pop and it will just be the challenges trophy left.
Yep, no worries: PSN ID same as username here. I'll be playing ONRUSH from 13:00 but will keep an eye open for the FR and challenges and do those for you. Set them for a day or less, if you wish, I can definitely sort them for you today though.

Yep, no worries: PSN ID same as username here. I'll be playing ONRUSH from 13:00 but will keep an eye open for the FR and challenges and do those for you. Set them for a day or less, if you wish, I can definitely sort them for you today though.
I don't normally get on till the evenings but I'll send a few through later. I'll send an FR on the app in just a moment.

Thanks for helping. :cheers:

Like I say @m8h3r happy to assist. I'll dive on later to do the challenges then.
Son of a 🤬

Still didn't pop. Do you mind if I just send 5 solo challenges over to you in one go to do? That way I know 100% I've done 5 and the game knows it at one time too.

Son of a 🤬

Still didn't pop. Do you mind if I just send 5 solo challenges over to you in one go to do? That way I know 100% I've done 5 and the game knows it at one time too.
Go for it - the trophy can be a funny one alright, at least there were a few issues back at the start of things.

Go for it - the trophy can be a funny one alright, at least there were a few issues back at the start of things.
I was reading on one of the trophy websites but most of the comments were time stamped with 2015 so I am hoping it wouldn't be too bad, I guess not though.

Thank you again.

Tried my G25 with DC the other day - I'm surprised the FFB is actually more substantial than the T-GT. It's no simulator FFB, but it's more weighty and resistive. Unfortunately there also seems to be damper effects which makes it hard to seesaw the wheel in quick corrections (which you do a lot in this game). You can't really change individual forces in the settings so I think I'll just go back to the weaker T-GT. I know the T-GT wasn't released yet when DC was out - I wonder if other Thrustmaster wheels have the "proper" FFB and how does it feel?

@MeanElf thank you so much for helping get this bastard of a trophy

I could scroll along and see I had sent and won like 13 challenges but luckily it popped.
PS_Messages_20180607_202713.jpg

I noticed some events in the Starting Line Tour is repeated elsewhere (like the R8 blizzard race in Elements Tour - what a nutcase race :crazy:). What's the deal with that? I was thinking the Starting Line events are a free taster for those who didn't buy the relevant packs?

Also the difficulty level of Finishing Line events seem to be much higher than the others. It doesn't help that the 2 cars there (Regera and XJ220) handle like boats. Fitting tribute as the last DLC for the game though.

I noticed some events in the Starting Line Tour is repeated elsewhere (like the R8 blizzard race in Elements Tour - what a nutcase race :crazy:). What's the deal with that? I was thinking the Starting Line events are a free taster for those who didn't buy the relevant packs?

Also the difficulty level of Finishing Line events seem to be much higher than the others. It doesn't help that the 2 cars there (Regera and XJ220) handle like boats. Fitting tribute as the last DLC for the game though.

It is indeed a teaser for the DLC tour events. The blizzard race I remember as giving me real trouble featured the Pagani Zonda R. That speed with zero visibility equals disaster.

The Regera is lightning fast in the right hands, and whatever the XJ220 lacks in agility it makes up for in being stupidly sexy to look at.

Glad to see this game is still getting the love, after a few weeks of flirting with GT Sport, I had to come back to the only racing game I’ve ever truly been addicted to.. there’s so many events to do and still find myself bettering times I thought were unreachable when I set them back in the mists of time, daily challenges, club challenges, the hilarious online racing.. love it :bowdown::cheers:

The Regera is lightning fast in the right hands, and whatever the XJ220 lacks in agility it makes up for in being stupidly sexy to look at.

Yeah the Regera is quick in a straight line, but the lack of downshifting makes it difficult for me to judge braking distances. That, and 1500 hp probably doesn't help since we are arriving at corners far faster than other cars. I've always loved XJ220 since NFS II all the way back on PS1, especially in Madeira Metallic (the colour that makes it look as if it's been poured with the finest red wine :embarrassed:). I know it's an old car as well so you can't expect too much from the performance. I just thought it's a bit mean to pair it with the events in the game as they have stupidly tight corners. Me being out of practice definitely doesn't help either :lol:

Glad to see this game is still getting the love, after a few weeks of flirting with GT Sport, I had to come back to the only racing game I’ve ever truly been addicted to.. there’s so many events to do and still find myself bettering times I thought were unreachable when I set them back in the mists of time, daily challenges, club challenges, the hilarious online racing.. love it :bowdown::cheers:
I see you dropped in on a challenge run by another forum (which they forgot to set to private :lol:) They're happy for you to join in with the other weekly challenges if you like but they'll be set to private in future. So, come and join the dark side if you fancy more of the same: https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.p...-driveclub-weekly-time-trial-challenge-2018/&

I see you dropped in on a challenge run by another forum (which they forgot to set to private :lol:) They're happy for you to join in with the other weekly challenges if you like but they'll be set to private in future. So, come and join the dark side if you fancy more of the same: https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.p...-driveclub-weekly-time-trial-challenge-2018/&

Ha, sorry if it was not a wise idea to just jump in like that.. I’m not even sure which one it was seeing as I’ve got so many running at the moment, thanks for the heads up :cheers:

Ha, sorry if it was not a wise idea to just jump in like that.. I’m not even sure which one it was seeing as I’ve got so many running at the moment, thanks for the heads up :cheers:
There's no worry dude - it was the Mercedes at Lake Shoji in the rain - the host just wondered who that masked man was :D

There's no worry dude - it was the Mercedes at Lake Shoji in the rain - the host just wondered who that masked man was :D
Ahh yes I’ve just finished that now...had a look when I came online an hour ago and noticed there was only 45min left of the challenge, managed 2nd but wasn’t a perfect run.. kudos to the guy that beat me.. good fun :cheers:

Back