Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
Fantastic "love letter" there 👍 and thank your for the mention in your video :cheers: What I find sad is that Sony didn't give those guys the time to finestream the career for the hardcoremmodel and giving those that wanted an extra challenge. When you switch on the hardcoremodel many events are currently unbeatable with that mode. I also think it is a feature that is less known, maybe even by regular players. Scaff is right though, switch that mode on and you'll get a whole new experience. I wouldn't try the Dambusters event with it though :lol:

Brilliant content as always, Scaff.

Thanks guys, I try my best to make youtube a little bit less of a toxic mess with every one (an impossible task, but as long as a few find them interesting then I'm good).

Thanks guys, I try my best to make youtube a little bit less of a toxic mess with every one (an impossible task, but as long as a few find them interesting then I'm good).

Your vidéos are informative and nice to watch. Next to that you have a pleasant voice to listen to

Last edited:
Fantastic "love letter" there 👍 and thank your for the mention in your video :cheers: What I find sad is that Sony didn't give those guys the time to finestream the career for the hardcoremmodel and giving those that wanted an extra challenge. When you switch on the hardcoremodel many events are currently unbeatable with that mode. I also think it is a feature that is less known, maybe even by regular players. Scaff is right though, switch that mode on and you'll get a whole new experience. I wouldn't try the Dambusters event with it though :lol:

I agree it's a shame hardcore handling is pretty much useless for competitive purposes. Kinda reminds me of Simulation tyres in GT2 :lol: Interesting to try and drive but you get absolutely murdered by the AI since they're on the original physics. The only saving grace is drifting is a lot more natural with hardcore handling as the game doesn't auto countersteer for you. The annoying part is you can't change this setting while in pause menu and have to go all the way back out to the main menu then options...

Makes me wish I still had my G29. Driveclub with the T-GT is broken to me.

I have tried DC with both and I prefer T-GT's "broken" FFB. The overly strong damper effects are gone and you're just left with the physics based FFB. Admittedly not close to simulation, but gives a much "purer" information once you get used to it.

I have tried DC with both and I prefer T-GT's "broken" FFB. The overly strong damper effects are gone and you're just left with the physics based FFB. Admittedly not close to simulation, but gives a much "purer" information once you get used to it.

Thats weird, I only get vibration and no FFB whatsoever. Are you using "other" or "GT" mode? And what firmware? Do you play VR or non-VR version?

Thats weird, I only get vibration and no FFB whatsoever. Are you using "other" or "GT" mode? And what firmware? Do you play VR or non-VR version?
I haven't tried with my T-GT for a while now but last time I did it didn't work properly for me either. I didn't think to run ''Other'' mode, but as the T300 seems to work well I probably should give that a go.

On another note, It's turned out to be my go to racing game for when I can't be bothered using my wheel. I bought it on release and I agree that it was a mess, but it did bounce back very well, and I ended up purchasing all the extra content (Bikes included) when it was on one of the PSN store sales for virtually nothing. A great game for little money, what more could I ask for :).

Use Other mode (GT Mode doesn't work in DC). In game set 600 degree rotation, FFB Strength 100% and Vibration Medium. Hardcore Handling Off and Wheel Assist Off unless when drifting. Latest firmware for both wheelbase and rim (don't remember the numbers sorry). Don't use VR either.

There is FFB but it's weak. I do like weak FFB in general though so maybe I'm just more sensitive to it (for comparison I run FFB Torque 1-2 in GT Sport with my T-GT). Like I said before, the problem with DC's "proper" FFB with G29 wheel is that damper effects are too strong and there is no way to turn it off separately from physical effects. With the T-GT the "broken" FFB doesn't have damper effects and you're just left with the physical effects. Although they are weak, it's much preferable in my opinion rather than having to fight damper effects that muddles up information coming from the car.

Doesn't that mean you won't be able to earn new cars?

At least they were courteous enough to give us a years notice, usually they give you a month if you're lucky, usually it's just gone one day and you find out whenever someone whines at their twitter page or something.

what does it mean that servers will shut down? it means the whole challenge comparisons thing while driving wont be possible anymore? the game will be strictly offline to play on my ps4 without any connectivity to online?

what does it mean that servers will shut down? it means the whole challenge comparisons thing while driving wont be possible anymore? the game will be strictly offline to play on my ps4 without any connectivity to online?
very likely

Doesn't that mean you won't be able to earn new cars?

At least they were courteous enough to give us a years notice, usually they give you a month if you're lucky, usually it's just gone one day and you find out whenever someone whines at their twitter page or something.

The online cars are the ones you unlock as your club status progresses.

Golf GTI
Bentley Continental
Pagani Zonda
Bac Mono
BMW M3 GTS

About the news, I'm very sad about it. Too bad. The game had a horrible start, yes it's true. But it got better and better as time went by.

Hardly ever play it these days...only got time for a quick couple of races on GT Sport once the other half has gone up to bed. :rolleyes:
Will still miss it tho, as I loved the whole getting into your car and start up routine, the cars, the tracks, the graphics (crisp packets, blossom and leaves being blown around) :cool: Some very nice touches, that GTS still cannot match !!

Everything in GT feels so robotic and flat compared to Driveclub. The sounds, the collisions, the driving, the physics of every car, the graphics...

I think what you mean is that some of the elements feel static, like baked in, which they are, mostly graphics/lighting. In GT Sport i always have the feeling of looking at a very nice picture but i feel like it lacks actual 'life' compared to games that dont look as good but feel somehow deeper or more alive. It's hard to describe but yeah. Also the track surface feels weirdly flat, like as if there are no bumps, the ride is super smooth compared to games like AC or ACC, even PC2.

Finished my last elite challenge the other day. Now just needs another 2 million XP to reach level 120. Accolades wise, there are still about 75% of manufacturers and all the locations to do. Despite that I am still nowhere close to getting bored with this game. The variety of cars/tracks/weather/time and competitive AI means even grinding races are never the same affair twice. Now that's how you make progression. Other racing games developers take note.

One weird thing though, I've been running 25 laps races and the replay recording always cuts out at 3/4 of the way through. Is it a RAM limitation? Being an exclusive launch title you'd expect they would have taken it into account and set the lap limit accordingly, or maybe flush the replay data to the HDD periodically so they never run out of space. I'm not one to watch replays but if you have a cool moment on lap 24 for example, it must be annoying not being able to capture it.

Finished my last elite challenge the other day. Now just needs another 2 million XP to reach level 120. Accolades wise, there are still about 75% of manufacturers and all the locations to do. Despite that I am still nowhere close to getting bored with this game. The variety of cars/tracks/weather/time and competitive AI means even grinding races are never the same affair twice. Now that's how you make progression. Other racing games developers take note.

One weird thing though, I've been running 25 laps races and the replay recording always cuts out at 3/4 of the way through. Is it a RAM limitation? Being an exclusive launch title you'd expect they would have taken it into account and set the lap limit accordingly, or maybe flush the replay data to the HDD periodically so they never run out of space. I'm not one to watch replays but if you have a cool moment on lap 24 for example, it must be annoying not being able to capture it.

Pretty sure the replay limit is a result of the PS4's limit of 15 minutes for capturing footage. Somehow, Driveclub's replay feature seems connected with it.

Pretty sure the replay limit is a result of the PS4's limit of 15 minutes for capturing footage. Somehow, Driveclub's replay feature seems connected with it.

Hmm that could be it. I recall DC's photomode also requires you to use the PS4's screenshot button instead of having its own dedicated shutter button in game, like GT Sport's photomode. Still find it odd that they decided to make it that way. I guess they didn't think many people will run 25 lap races in an arcade game :lol:

I tested the top speed of all cars (inlc. all DLCs). Sorted by achieved speed. 8 of the 114 cars I had to test in campaign events, because I didn't unlock them yet. There, the results aren't ideal. The remaining 106 cars I did test on the fastest straight of the game game though (Holmstad in Norway).

Yes. Everything bar like 10 games will be playable on the PS5 on day 1
Since it's been delisted, will you even be able to download the updates for the game? I'm assuming that we will be stuck with the vanilla 1.0 game (no weather update etc.).

MXH
Since it's been delisted, will you even be able to download the updates for the game? I'm assuming that we will be stuck with the vanilla 1.0 game (no weather update etc.).
I think the updates are stored on your server with the games that you've downloaded? I'm not sure though... that's why I'm afraid to delete DriveClub from PS4 when there's no free space. xD

MXH

If the DLC content is in your DLC list as Downloadable content on the PlayStation store/PS4 you will be able to install everything on the PS5 so it should be the complete game.

I don't think they've stopped offering updates for PS4 games yet. It will happen sooner or later, of course.

Hooray for careless PC-style development on the closed ecosystem of a console...

Not that anyone cares, but a few days ago I finally completed all Accolades in Driveclub+Bikes (minus the 3 online ones - multiplayer event, solo challenge, team challenge).

Took me just over 3 years and 57000 km driven in game. If I average 200 kmh, that equates to 285 hours of driving (or almost 12 days :crazy:). The bike manufacturer distance accolades are the most soul crushing - my stats show I've driven 26000 km in bikes despite a much shorter career and fewer vehicles, so it's a lot of grinding in single race. I just do one 25 lap race a day so that's why it took me this long :lol: Not recommended, especially now that servers are offline and your XP means nothing.

Anyway, still love the game. I think it's one of those games that defines a generation and I will certainly remember it fondly for many years to come 👍

Back