Driver Rating System to Be Included in Project CARS 2

I hope the game stays popular enough to take advantage of this system. The online portion of PCars 1 on the PS4 is very difficult to find populated rooms in.

I want what keeps the people/drivers whom as soon as they fall behind, start going backwards on the track (I have more examples but everyone here knows what I'm getting at, I'm sure) away from me.
I am new to Project Cars (been with Gran Turismo since day one....literally) and if I'm missing something that can accommodate this, I'm all ears/eyes.

I am, BIGFATASSKICKER on the PS4 and am looking for clean competition. Know any???

This is absolutely GOOOO NEWS.
I don't like to finish one hour behind the leader :lol: but most of all, I don't want to share asphalt with people that has no clue what racing, Sportsmanship, ethics, education or simply driving is.
Retards that drive opposite direction, forget to brake or use racing games to vent they're personal frustrations are not welcome in my real state.

Actually, In NFS:Shift there is a system kind like that...well not exactly a driver rating system for Clean Driving. But I do like the idea in Shift to visualize the progress of the mastery of track and certain driving technique. Forza has similar system but I really don't think T10 do a good job in HUD and UI design.

This is the best news ever, hate dirty drivers, in no form of motorsport all over the world you can win races with dirty driving, f1, track or rally , stockcars only one but dont exist in this games. Cant wait. :cheers:

Look around on Twitter and you'll see everyone and their dog posting articles about PC2 reporting something about this when there was nothing beforehand.
Well, what's wrong with that? At least we here at GTP credited you.

Look around on Twitter and you'll see everyone and their dog posting articles about PC2 reporting something about this when there was nothing beforehand.
New information comes to light and people talk about it. I thought that was how it was supposed to work.

I would have not too much trust in SMS advertisement.

They are still pretending there's a rating/matchmakingsystem in project cars 1:
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/online.html

<<All this information is then used to ensure you find players of similar skill and conduct. Continually collide with other drivers and you'll slowly make acquaintances with others of similar destructive tendencies. Drive with good sportsmanlike conduct and you'll be enjoying the company of other refined opponents.>>

It was a main reason why I bought that game. But nothing like that was/is in the game.
When I asked why they advertise it though not beeing implemented, I got no response but some dumb hate from their forum trolls.

This and a lot of other strange "support" behaviour and so many annoying bugs in their multiplayer left me with zero trust in that company. They always promised a lot but did not deliver.

<<All this information is then used to ensure you find players of similar skill and conduct. Continually collide with other drivers and you'll slowly make acquaintances with others of similar destructive tendencies. Drive with good sportsmanlike conduct and you'll be enjoying the company of other refined opponents.>>

It was a main reason why I bought that game. But nothing like that was/is in the game.
When I asked why they advertise it though not beeing implemented, I got no response but some dumb hate from their forum trolls.

This and a lot of other strange "support" behaviour and so many annoying bugs in their multiplayer left me with zero trust in that company. They always promised a lot but did not deliver.
After the debacle with PCars1, I think many of us are wary enough that we'll take all the promises for PCars2 with a huge grain of salt. The potential for greatness is there, but they've got to bring it all together in PCars2 or it's going to leave a lot of fans quite disappointed. Fool me once, shame on you...etc.

I may be wrong, never used it, but if i remember correctly VAC servers should be able to filter out players under a certain rating, with this rating only changing when you race on those VAC servers.
May also be a PC-only thing..

Yeah similar.

We have 2 components and they are tracked separately per player:

1. Strength
2. Safety

Safety is easier to explain: wreck people, run off course and bump
into objects/walls and your safety score drops. We specifically reward clean driving around other cars.

Strength depends on the guys you run with. If you're an underdog and win, your Strenth score gets a decent increase. If you're a Pro and picking on noobs, your Strength score wont go up

Yeah similar.

1. Strength
2. Safety

into objects/walls and your safety score drops. We specifically reward clean driving around other cars.

Strength depends on the guys you run with. If you're an underdog and win, your Strenth score gets a decent increase. If you're a Pro and picking on noobs, your Strength score wont go up
I'm not asking for it now, unless you can provide it of course, but will the nitty gritty details of how the system works be available to the general public? I'm sure many of us will be curious to know what the various weightings, if any, applied to the penalties are, like running off track, hitting someone from behind, side collisions, hard vs. soft contact etc.

Yeah similar.

1. Strength
2. Safety

Have you thought about people "boosting"? I know it really wouldn't help the person but people will do it anyways just to be A**holes

I know you can only do so much and trying to make humans act like humans is a tall task

I'm not asking for it now, unless you can provide it of course, but will the nitty gritty details of how the system works be available to the general public? I'm sure many of us will be curious to know what the various weightings, if any, applied to the penalties are, like running off track, hitting someone from behind, side collisions, hard vs. soft contact etc.
1. Some of it is kinda proprietary so we wont give all the details. It's common sense stuff though. I can say that hitting another player is the highest offense. Also dont want to reveal full details or the knuckleheads will figure out quickly some way to game it. We DO NOT penalize minor contact, race incidents and paint swapping happens in racing and we allow for this.
Have you thought about people "boosting"? I know it really wouldn't help the person but people will do it anyways just to be A**holes

I know you can only do so much and trying to make humans act like humans is a tall task
2. If by "boosting" you mean gaming the system, we have thought of some scenarios and installed checks against those. Mainly the easy ones that you could think of quickly. Some of it still needs a decent amount of "field testing" and we havent finalized the weights, we'll see how it goes.

Back