Driver: San Francisco

No. More cars become available when you do certain races/challenges outside the city/story missions. Also, cars are unlocked as you progress. The shift feature can be useful here, because sometimes you see a new car on the road, and you can swap into it for a free "test drive."

Just read a few posts saying that the g27 isn't usable, this is incorrect for the pc version. I have just recently got the game and using the g27 on it fine. I had to reduce the degrees of rotation to like 300, but it is still very fun.

From memory though, I just had to edit a file and then it was workable.

speed157
No. More cars become available when you do certain races/challenges outside the city/story missions. Also, cars are unlocked as you progress. The shift feature can be useful here, because sometimes you see a new car on the road, and you can swap into it for a free "test drive."

Its strange because I never really felt the need to buy cars with the SHIFT function on hand. It added am element of awesomeness when you could just randomly fight great cars without being able to drive them whenever you wanted!

dave89
Just read a few posts saying that the g27 isn't usable, this is incorrect for the pc version. I have just recently got the game and using the g27 on it fine. I had to reduce the degrees of rotation to like 300, but it is still very fun.

From memory though, I just had to edit a file and then it was workable.

The G27 not being supported applies to the console versions.

It's great that it works on PC, I just wish it worked on the ps3 since that's the one I own :S

To my surprise, the multiplayer is still alive and kicking to some extent on the PS3. I managed to rack up 20 levels in Free for All since yesterday evening.

So, anyone else still playing this or need an MP buddy?

A few of us (me, Wiegert and Gtuned) still have it and wouldn't be averse to playing it; but I'm pretty sure Gtuned's PS3 blew up again.

Driver: SF is pretty cheap on the Playstation Store, £5.99 if I remember correctly, in the UK at least. Seems like a steal.

I put this back in my 360 this evening. It's aged really well considering the leap GTA V made in overall graphic fidelity.

The car list is a massive draw, especially the Bullitt challenge with the Highland Green '68 fastback and Charger.

It still goes for silly money on the PS Store and even on eBay, I finally snagged it for about £2.59 (including discount for PS+ members) but haven't checked it out yet.

Well, Driver SF is now available on XB1 thanks to Backwards Compatability.

Really glad about this as Driver SF is one of my favourite arcade driving games of all time, with really fun driving physics and a pretty impressive car list for the first game in the series with licenced cars. Everything from VW Beetle's & Abarth 500's all the way to Pagani Zonda's and McLaren F1's in this game, all of which handle as realistically as you'd expect from an arcade game.

I also feel like the cockpit camera and wheel rotation is one of the best I've ever seen in an arcade driving game period.

Awesome news! One of my all time favorite games. I'm thrilled that they decided to make it BC.

I've recently purchased D:SF on the X360 so I'm very much looking forward to playing it on my XB1S once my internet at home is back up and running again.
Hopefully it runs at a silky smooth 60fps unlike the X360 version.

I hope we'll be able to use the XB1 to record the director mode videos. I made quite a few of them back on PS3 but was never able to upload them to YT.

Not the best map, but it had so much panache on the cars. I loved the active air scoop on Tanner's default car, for example.

I think DSF was actually one of the only games I paid for a more exclusive edition of the game. Think I got the version that had the scale model Dodge Challenger R/T and a comic book based off the Driver series.

Will definitely try to pick it up again on Monday.

WELL, picked it up today only to find out it hasn’t been added to the XBOX store, which means I can’t download the patch I need to play the game on XB1

Back