Driving Challenges All golds *+gold member & 100% club*

• Thread starter Jay
  • 293 comments
The Driving Challenges in GTPSP is definitely much easier than in GT2, so if you can do it in GT2, you can definitely get all golds in this game 👍.

Agreed there, I was slightly surprised how easy it was. I've never managed all golds in any of the GT's (nearly in GT5P just missing 4) but I got the gold on most of the challenges in less than 20 tries. I think there was one took me about 5 hours though. Just keep at it as its definitely possible and shouldnt take you as much time as getting the S-rank.

hows the hell do you do the advanced overtaking challenge with the old blue car (can't remember the name looks like james mays citerion from top gear) i just can't complete it you can't get a slipstream and there is no corners needing braking. help

hows the hell do you do the advanced overtaking challenge with the old blue car (can't remember the name looks like james mays citerion from top gear) i just can't complete it you can't get a slipstream and there is no corners needing braking. help

I just re-ran it a couple of times to remind myself... the car is a '62 Skyline.

Slip the opposing car as much as possible on the run down to the left hander... a slight dab of brakes and stay in 3rd as you turn in, then coast off the gas to the apex... back on the power at the apex. Quick downchange to 2nd and try and line yourself up to get alongside on the exit of the chicane. You might make a bit of contact as he'll turn in on you... but it's easily doable with no contact at all.

The key to passing is carrying speed through the long left, then maxing your exit speed from the chicane.

Finally, i've done it!
bde8438bda583a10d8182d3629b8ba93.png

guys, add me please to the Gold List =)

Now, I am going to get 100% and all cars before GT5 will be released. Yeah!

Congrats and added, been almost two weeks since I added someone. 👍

4133293348_751fdd8dc2.jpg

Make that 2 in a day then. Finally have all 'S' level to add to my previous all gold achievement already posted here. Now I only have to grind boringly to get enough credit for all cars. Only about 450 more to go.. phew..

What are the money caps??

and, how could you have ever spent over 2 billion on only 300ish cars

thats the point, i didnt sped 2billion on cars, it stopped actually giving me the money at 99million so i didnt get to spend all the money i actually earned

thats the point, i didnt sped 2billion on cars, it stopped actually giving me the money at 99million so i didnt get to spend all the money i actually earned
Look at your screen shot though, it says you have gotten over two billion credits but only have about 24 million currently available. It looks...weird.

anyone else seen that issue - given that you need something like 250 million to buy 1 of each car, how can it max out at 99 million

IainLives not suggesting that its photoshoped (well I think I'm) but its a strange anomaly

Look at your screen shot though, it says you have gotten over two billion credits but only have about 24 million currently available. It looks...weird.

...that total amount dont cap for some reason -that number dont go down when you buy a car, tahts the total amount you earned

...that total amount dont cap for some reason -that number dont go down when you buy a car, tahts the total amount you earned
I know, which is why it looks so weird. I'm not saying you are being dishonest, but something is causing it to say you spent 2.4 billion credits on only 221 cars.

I know, which is why it looks so weird. I'm not saying you are being dishonest, but something is causing it to say you spent 2.4 billion credits on only 221 cars.

-Last offtopic

What I am saying is teh fact its NOT saying that, its saying I earned that much, but THAT number did not cap when the rest of it did, so that number went up and my spendable number did not, hopefully this clears something up, and if not, just dont add me to the list, i dont mine I would rather everyone be happy.

-Last offtopic

What I am saying is teh fact its NOT saying that, its saying I earned that much, but THAT number did not cap when the rest of it did, so that number went up and my spendable number did not, hopefully this clears something up, and if not, just dont add me to the list, i dont mine I would rather everyone be happy.
OK, that was what I didn't understand. It makes sense now. Thanks for clarifying. I was thinking that there was possibly a bug in the game, which this appears to be.

Wow, just found this thread - been passing the time with GT:PSP while my shoulder healed from an injury and kept me away from my cockpit and GT5:P. I have to say that I am completely stunned with you guys getting ALL Gold. It took me about a week to go through the first Driver Challenges (A-H) and MOST of those were NOT Gold. I found this and went back to get all Gold in A and B but am now hung up in C with the goofy rally race - even the one after that (Paris, I think) is giving me quite a challenge to Gold.

Absolute respect for you guys doing this on the portable system 👍 - its just not my bag, baby!!! :lol:

ive mostly been drifting, but i finally got around to the challenges, i should really do teh S ranks

image-78CA_4B0EA55D.jpg

The number of miles is definitely a glitch/bug/hack, there is physically no way you can rack up that mileage in the amount of time since GTPSP is released.

I rounded up the mileage to 1,000,000 miles to make it easier to count:

1,000,000 x 1.6 = 1,600,000 kms
Using fastest car aka Veyron, it would take: 1,600,000 / 433 = 3,695 hours
3,695 / 24 = 154 days

GTPSP was released on 1 October, so 58 days have passed between then and your post.

:boggled:

The amount of money, however, is still plausible (by my calculation, you must have been playing for at least 1073 hours though :crazy:).

EDIT: I see that you've played some AdHoc races, so the amount of money is definitely not an issue. The amount of mileage still is however...

Back