Driving Force GT compatibility

United States
New York City
Nightfire_Will
Will Sony make the Logitech Driving Force GT compatible with PS4 for the release of GT Sport? I don't have enough money for a new wheel. Can't they just release an update file for it to be compatible?

This may or may not work for you. I can use a DFGT, G27 and a Fanatec GT2 on a PS4 playing Driveclub.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ogitech-driving-force-gt-g27-with-ffb.336625/
Thanks I'm gonna keep my focus on GIMX. From what I read so far from the page it's free, and in order to transfer it to PS4 you need a usb device of some sort after downloading it through PC. This seems like a better option instead of buying one of those branded conversion boxes for 100 bucks.

I can confirm a Question re PS3 wheels was asked during the Q&A this evening and Kaz repeated his previous answer that they would have to build driver software to do it and they are not a hardware company.

So, NO PS3 wheels will be officially compatible with GT Sport.

I can confirm a Question re PS3 wheels was asked during the Q&A this evening and Kaz repeated his previous answer that they would have to build driver software to do it and they are not a hardware company.

So, NO PS3 wheels will be officially compatible with GT Sport.
They would have to build software for it and they are a software company. Any reason given they can't contact Logitech and have them do it for them?

Logitech/Sony have probably agreed not to bother making PS4 drivers for their wheels in order to sell you a G29 instead! Bad for consumers but sadly it looks like this problem lies beyond what could be realistically done by PD.

Logitech/Sony have probably agreed not to bother making PS4 drivers for their wheels in order to sell you a G29 instead! Bad for consumers but sadly it looks like this problem lies beyond what could be realistically done by PD.

Well, Logitech needs to sell wheels to stay in business, so for the consumer it's not only bad.

Get Rasberry Pi, GIMX & USB adapter; job done. It's much cheaper than a G29.

They would have to build software for it and they are a software company. Any reason given they can't contact Logitech and have them do it for them?

I paraphrased but that was basically the response above. He didn't go into much more detail as far as I recall. Personally, I think the answer is ******** (gotta be honest) and a stock replacement that he has come up with for the real answer.

While I don't particularly approve of the response, I also don't really blame PD specifically for this - there is clearly (in my opinion) a calculated strategy between the console and wheel producers of which PD are only a part. Kaz, being relatively senior in Sony, would presumably have been a party to the overall discussions though and therefore presumably at least partly responsible for the decision that was made.

Having said that, I got lots of use out of my DFGT on PS3 and still get it out from time to time when using the PS3, so can't personally say I haven't had good value out of the DFGT.

The question was asked in the Q&A but we have known the answer for at least 2 years now. It's not going to change over the lifetime of PS4 at least unless someone takes a massive U Turn, in my opinion.

Back