Driving Force GT | Steering Settings

• Thread starter VortaL
  • 50 comments
For my g27
Hi, i have problem.

I not can set good settings for drifting to my wheel

Which steering type (Simulator, Amateur)?

FFB 7 or 4?

Sensivity?

Fot my g27 i use ffb 10 torque 1-3

Power Steering ON/OFF? Please :bowdown:

Hi, i have problem.

FFB 7 or 4?

Sensivity?

best thing to do in your case would be just simply do up ur ride. turn traction control and all off and give it gas bit by bit. and remember to counter steer. Or else you will end up spinning out. Hope that helped. Also start sliding on the 2nd gear for better drift performance.

yeah, turn skid recovery force and all of and ull find sliding easy. I mean i will be quite hard at first but after a few days of practice im sure ull become good. And as a begginer to drifting use 4wd cars like r34 gtr or wrx sti, and get the hang of sliding then move on to the rwd cars. Hope u all the best my bro

Hi, i have problem.

FFB 7 or 4?

Sensivity?

Simulation steering
FFB 10
Sensitivity 10
Power Steering off

@Sharukh, sorry but you're wrong.
@VortaL, Do not use a AWD, the techniques they require have nothing in common with a RWD car.

If you're just starting to drift with a wheel, the best thing to do is try grip racing on comforts softs or sports hards in a low hp car e.g. AE86, RX7 FC or S13. This will give you experience on how the wheel and car behaves.

After awhile use comfort hards and try all of this.

ur wrong mate. Im sorry to say because rwd cars like rx7 is way to hard to control for beginers. And i am a member of gt6 drift team shmo so i know my drifting. And btw rx7 and s13 r my favorite cars to drift with. And i learnt how to drift using 4wd car. Just to get the hang of sliding. Then move to rwd cars and counter streer as keep giving gas bit by bit. Or else u will spin out. Thanks very much.

ur wrong mate. Im sorry to say because rwd cars like rx7 is way to hard to control for beginers. And i am a member of gt6 drift team shmo so i know my drifting. And btw rx7 and s13 r my favorite cars to drift with. And i learnt how to drift using 4wd car. Just to get the hang of sliding. Then move to rwd cars and counter streer as keep giving gas bit by bit. Or else u will spin out. Thanks very much.

@JDM SRE70,
please explain to this guy in you're polite manner why that's the wrong direction to take when learning to drift

Just telling you that "Team Shmo" is not a drifting team - as you can see below:
team shmo.png

You may be one of the people he says is part of team Shmo when he says "The name is more for people using the tunes. Together we are team Shmo."

I also suggest you should be careful when you lie about being in a "team".

P.s.
Vortal, S30Z is right- follow his instructions and you should be on your way to drifting on this game :D

Might i add REKD.

But in all seriousness.

@JDM SRE70,
please explain to this guy in you're polite manner why that's the wrong direction to take when learning to drift

All Wheel Drive Drifting more so powersliding about as your front wheels are also propelling the car in a horizontal motion and the rear pushing forward on the front. This then becomes a loss of latitudinal grip on the front end, or simply known as "understeer"

As we all know, understeer is when you miss a corner with the front of the vehicle sliding straight forward, and oversteer (Drifting) is when you do a mad wall tap like Naoki and win all the JDM Swag points of the world. (Except in figure 1.1 Bob our test driver fails and hits a tree)

As demonstrated in the following diagram (Figure 1.1)

steer.jpg

Hence rear wheel drive vehicle's are a man's choice.

As @JDM_Tuning_S30Z mentioned a grip racing a RWD Car will allow for you to learn how to correct oversteer when the back kicks out. Which is a fundamental teaching you control of the drift. However i suggest that you attempt drifting a perfect circle as tight as you can. Not donuts, proper circles. It'll teach you counter steering and throttle control, both essentials for drifting. Also make sure you have an appropriate vehicle and tune. By no time you will have the perks of being a man, and swimming in pussy.

Good day. (Enjoy Figure 1.2)

running-the-bottle.jpg

Figure 1.2 - Dmax S15 playing hit the bottle!

well for gt6 there is no actual team. As in gt5 before the servers got shut download a shmo team did really exist. and as far as drifting. upload ur best drift on tsukuba track use whatever car u want. and ill upload mine. and well see whos better. as ill even tell u the car i will use rx7 pure rotary.

well for gt6 there is no actual team. As in gt5 before the servers got shut download a shmo team did really exist. and as far as drifting. upload ur best drift on tsukuba track use whatever car u want. and ill upload mine. and well see whos better. as ill even tell u the car i will use rx7 pure rotary.

What best point score? I don't drift for points.

The points system is broken. It rewards you by taking the racing line as quick as possible, which isn't what drifting is truly about. You really want to compare us? Here, go look at my drifting in Gran Turismo and real life.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRtb9m6BY-U2NbZzTrPfyXw

nice drifting. Btw i never said anything abt points. I hate the points system. And ill upload mine by this coming friday. Cos im at my mums atm. See u then

I Drifting on comford hard, S13. FFB: 5, Torque: 1 and this settings is very good for me, because i have problem, i spinned when i try contr on turns. I try slide on comfort soft.

Sorry for my ENG.

Very nice ;]

But my DFGT is: "much agressive" than your steering wheel.
Can you send me your Torque in options? I not can drive on high value in this option.

I can drive on high FFB value, but torgue must be on 1 ;]

Power Steering must be off? I slide on "ON".

In vid up, you use these options?

Simulation steering
FFB 10
Sensitivity 10
Power Steering off

And how is torqe value in your game?

Ooo .. and handbrake? where you set this on DFGT?

Last edited:
Sorry for my ENG.

Simulation steering
FFB 10
Sensitivity 10
Power Steering off

I know that video was done before the update to have more ffb settings (eg. torque value)
I personally have FFB on 8 and torque on 8

Last edited by a moderator:
I Drifting on comford hard, S13. FFB: 5, Torque: 1 and this settings is very good for me, because i have problem, i spinned when i try contr on turns. I try slide on comfort soft.

Sorry for my ENG.

Very nice ;]

But my DFGT is: "much agressive" than your steering wheel.
Can you send me your Torque in options? I not can drive on high value in this option.

I can drive on high FFB value, but torgue must be on 1 ;]

Power Steering must be off? I slide on "ON".

Simulation steering
FFB 10
Sensitivity 10
Power Steering off

My wheel torque is 10.

I use a controller as my handbrake, assigned one of the analog sticks as the handbrake when pulled back then glued a small plastic tube onto the stick to make it feel more natural, rather than just pressing a button.
Good luck with you're wheel, don't get annoyed at yourself if you're struggling for a few weeks. Just be patient, you'll get there eventually. 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
I buy AE 86, but torque on 10 has been baad :/

But i trying, my wheel is to much agressive

all turn, the same problem ....

very fastly record

10 ffb, 10 torque, power off, controller sensivity -2

ABS off or?

Last edited:
I buy AE 86, but torque on 10 has been baad :/

But i trying, my wheel is to much agressive

all turn, the same problem ....

very fastly record

10 ffb, 10 torque, power off, controller sensivity -2

ABS off or?

bro what car were u using?

Simulation steering
FFB 10
Sensitivity 10
Power Steering off

@Sharukh, sorry but you're wrong.
@VortaL, Do not use a AWD, the techniques they require have nothing in common with a RWD car.

If you're just starting to drift with a wheel, the best thing to do is try grip racing on comforts softs or sports hards in a low hp car e.g. AE86, RX7 FC or S13. This will give you experience on how the wheel and car behaves.

After awhile use comfort hards and try all of this.

rx7 is a powerful car.

My wheel torque is 10.

I use a controller as my handbrake, assigned one of the analog sticks as the handbrake when pulled back then glued a small plastic tube onto the stick to make it feel more natural, rather than just pressing a button.
Good luck with you're wheel, don't get annoyed at yourself if you're struggling for a few weeks. Just be patient, you'll get there eventually. 👍
Patience. Something I don't have when it comes to attempting to drift with my DFGT. Would love to be able to one day... Just a quick question though - How long would you say roughly speaking it would take to become decent at drifting on a wheel? Of course it will be different for everyone but just a rough estimate would be fine. 👍 Thanks in advance.

TheFlyingScot

Patience. Something I don't have when it comes to attempting to drift with my DFGT. Would love to be able to one day... Just a quick question though - How long would you say roughly speaking it would take to become decent at drifting on a wheel? Of course it will be different for everyone but just a rough estimate would be fine. 👍 Thanks in advance.

TheFlyingScot

Depends on the input of hours of drifting on GT6 each week, me on a DFGT in GT5P with an average of 4+ hours a week makes you a pretty handy drifter.

Back