Driving Force GT | Steering Settings

• Thread starter VortaL
  • 50 comments
Patience. Something I don't have when it comes to attempting to drift with my DFGT. Would love to be able to one day... Just a quick question though - How long would you say roughly speaking it would take to become decent at drifting on a wheel? Of course it will be different for everyone but just a rough estimate would be fine. 👍 Thanks in advance.

TheFlyingScot

On average for people I think it's around 2-3 months to get decent. Like what Stavingo said, it really depends on how much time you put in towards the wheel.

Depends on the input of hours of drifting on GT6 each week, me on a DFGT in GT5P with an average of 4+ hours a week makes you a pretty handy drifter.

On average for people I think it's around 2-3 months to get decent. Like what Stavingo said, it really depends on how much time you put in towards the wheel.
Thanks for the quick response guys. I was thinking more like 4 hours a day but I think I could handle 4 hours a week. :) When I get back from my holiday I'll start putting in the hours for a few months and see how it turns out. Thanks again for the help! :bowdown:

Im getting into drifting with my DFGT since yesterday and now i have 8 ffb and 8 sensitivity but is there any reason why it has to be high?

Im getting into drifting with my DFGT since yesterday and now i have 8 ffb and 8 sensitivity but is there any reason why it has to be high?
It's not that is "has" to be set high. Its mainly down to driver preference. For example I race using a higher FFB setting because, over time, I have experimented and found that having a higher FFB suits my style better... And as for the Sensitivity yet again its all down to what you prefer, but most people have it set high so you can feel the movement of the car and how to react with steering input. Low sensitivity gives a terrible feel and makes the wheel incredibly loose and makes for sloppier driving (in my honest opinion). So I'd say its better to have both settings high so as to receive more feel from the wheel. Of course when drifting especially you want to be able to feel when the car breaks traction etc. Anyway hope this helps and someone can feel free to add more to this of they wish. :cheers:

Last edited:
Yeah! You have right, i today play GT 5, and i slide very good in my S15. i buy this car in GT 6, and it's hardest.

Yeah! You have right, i today play GT 5, and i slide very good in my S15. i buy this car in GT 6, and it's hardest.
Seems like you just need to get used to the change in physics. When I went from GT5 to GT6 I also noticed it was more difficult, which I have to say I prefer. Just keep practising and you'll get used to it. ;)

You Right, in GT 5 drifting in more easy than GT 6.
Vortal is it really harder on gt6 drifting as it is on gt5? sorry its just i find them slightly the same not much difference in comparision

Vortal is it really harder on gt6 drifting as it is on gt5? sorry its just i find them slightly the same not much difference in comparision
You said it yourself... There is still a difference. Anyway, in most cases it usually depends on the person.

For me GT 6 is just much hardest them GT 5.. in GT5 i can slide, in GT 6 not, why? lol :confused:

Eh you definitely feel a physics change between the two, much more so "accomplishing" being able to do drift on the latter version then the former.

After a long practice in rFactor, I found it much easier to drift in GT6 with my DFGT.
Try lowering the FFB if you feel too much resistance.

Yes i drifting in rFactor. FFB settings is not a main to drift. 6 to 10 FBB and torque its good for all i think.

Back