Driving in Russia

• Thread starter Grayfox
  • 376 comments
Fast & Furious: Krasnodar Drift. :D

1qTqxpVTFQo.jpg

It's possibly the only Ultima GTR in Russia. (I haven't seen any in person.)

:lol: I like how the dashcam guy casually drives away like its a normal day in Russia.

Cause it is.

How many russians drive like idiots?
It is not really cause most people have dashcams as why would people really buy a dashcam unless there is a need.
High Insurance premiums due to the idiots

From what I heard, you can bribe the driving instructor to give you your license.

People in australia are now starting to buy dashcams due to more and more idiots on the road.

:lol: I like how the dashcam guy casually drives away like its a normal day in Russia.
Actually, this IS a normal day in Russia. Just the rarity of the car makes it not so normal. If it was, say, a Porsche or an AMG, that would be a COMPLETELY normal day in Russia. :lol:

How many russians drive like idiots?
It is not really cause most people have dashcams as why would people really buy a dashcam unless there is a need.
I looked for some stats, and there is available statistics on road deaths per 100,000 people, and a map with brief stats on each country: http://roadskillmap.com/
What they say about Russia is:
In Russia, the number of new drivers and the number of vehicles on the road have increased dramatically over the last decade, but the country has struggled to bring down its road fatality rate—still about five times higher than what is seen in most European Union countries and about double the number for the United States, according to the World Bank.
And the number is - 18.9 deaths per 100,000 people by 2013. (not sure about more recent, may be different)

For comparision:
United States - 10.6
Australia - 5.4
United Kingdom - 2.9
Germany - 4.3
Japan - 4.7
China - 18.8
Brazil - 23.4

From what I heard, you can bribe the driving instructor to give you your license.
True.
But I didn't. And not many people actually do it these days.

No crashes or accidents this time, just a dashcam footage from a firetruck on duty and other cars giving the road.

At 8:20, the alert is lifted and you can see what is normal traffic in a Russian city like.

The author of the channel is a firetruck driver from Yekaterinburg, and he posts videos from his work.

Adventures of a Ford GT in Yekaterinburg.

It's funny how he drives away and tries to hide like there are many GT's in the city. :lol:

Back