DRL DTM Championship Season 1 | Saturdays 8pm GMT | R9 March 16th | Entry Closed |

• Thread starter DynamicGT
  • 388 comments
I am new here so I will tell you up front that I normally don't post things like this publicly but.. I have an idea. Have the organizers ever considered doing an ADAC GT Masters Series? If you add the Gr.3 Porche 911 RSR and the Gr.3 Corvette and limit it to 3 of each you have the

ADAC GT Masters series....I'm just sayin'...

Again, my sincere apologies for such a bold post.

respectfully,
Clean Racer

I am new here so I will tell you up front that I normally don't post things like this publicly but.. I have an idea. Have the organizers ever considered doing an ADAC GT Masters Series? If you add the Gr.3 Porche 911 RSR and the Gr.3 Corvette and limit it to 3 of each you have the

ADAC GT Masters series....I'm just sayin'...

Again, my sincere apologies for such a bold post.

respectfully,
Clean Racer

How dare you exercise your right to free speech?

I think it was 2 years ago, DRL gt 500 at monza. Me, @Jeremy Dimos and @PSN offapple , 3 of us side by side into curva grande, I was on the left, @Jeremy Dimos at the middle, @PSN offapple at the right side. I was off to the gravel at curva grande, and both you guys off at the chicane. After that I had a good battle with @Jeremy Dimos. Do you guys still have the replay? I think we had an awesome race

I think it was 2 years ago, DRL gt 500 at monza. Me, @Jeremy Dimos and @PSN offapple , 3 of us side by side into curva grande, I was on the left, @Jeremy Dimos at the middle, @PSN offapple at the right side. I was off to the gravel at curva grande, and both you guys off at the chicane. After that I had a good battle with @Jeremy Dimos. Do you guys still have the replay? I think we had an awesome race
I might do actually man :) I'll look tonight. Great race though. We should do the 500 again!

4828522989870941192_0.jpg

Did NOT see this one coming. I thought that starting on the front row wouldn't be ideal as everyone else would be slipstreaming on the run to Curva Grande. It turned out that I was able to stay out of trouble and somehow take the win! It was far from deserved really as King had more than enough pace, but was unlucky again. Regardless, I'm pleased with the result and the points going towards my title challenge! Thanks to my teammate @GRM Bandit, as without him I wouldn't have qualified as high up and wouldn't have had any chance of the win. This win goes out to you my dude! :D
4837530189127779336_0.jpg

0B277607-FDCA-4207-AE61-DC63833AAB98.jpeg

A race that promised so much ended up delivering not an awful lot. For Saxton it could/should have been a double podium. The start went well with Buik flying from the back of the grid right up to fighting for 3rd with myself in 2nd.

It was looking good, the pace wasn’t really there but we had track position. On lap 4 Waddles decided to lunge/dive bomb me into Parabolica, while the majority feel this was a racing move, as far as I’m concerned the ‘overtake’ wasn’t ever on. At best it would have forced me off line so he could make it stick, but there was no way to complete the move without us both loosing time, a rather stupid situation to put yourself in right before the long straight. Because those facts, I didn’t see the lunge coming and I got punted off into the gravel. I went from 2nd to 7th and my race was over. I would go on to finish a ‘lap behind’ and so would also not benefit from time penalties on drivers ahead.

D0uTuqYW0AAu5NS

D0uTy3oWsAA8QSS

Buik battled on and managed to hold onto 2nd for the vast majority of the race but a late race error cost him his first podium. It was a really fantastic performance coming from last to second and a great drive. Hopefully for Suzuka he can get the podium he’s been promising since Brands.

106B6CD2-D93C-490D-8993-E78AD0FF13CF.jpeg

Gentleman struggled with consistency with the car and finished outside the points. But it must be said that Gentelman was instrumental in us even being close to the pace. His setup work helped both myself and Buik. Hopefully Suzuka will allow his speed to show.

EEE25AC7-396E-4619-92C3-56AFADDB9D6F.jpeg

Thanks to John and Bandit for the pictures

Last edited:
Hello hello,
Is there any chance to still get onto the reserve list for this league?
Cheers
Due to it being so late in the season all entries including reserves are closed to avoid interference with the championship so sorry about that.

Season 2 is starting at the beginning of April however so keep an eye out for sign-ups which open soon.

94A5C224-FCD1-4523-852D-F0C534D6EB6B.jpeg
D1SsLuJXgAErwjL

Qualifying was a bit of a shock, I felt off the pace going into the weekend. But I managed to put in my best ever time and get 3rd for the start, it was really my best ever quali session. Every lap felt better and I don’t think I could have gotten anymore time out of the car.

D1Srv1pXgAEZALU

Start was one of the best I’ve ever had, jumped into the lead briefly but with King on my outside and him having a second’s worth of laptime on me I didn’t really want to waste time fighting him. When I tried to let him go I lost the rear and it was a bit messy, but p2. The first stint was awful, for some reason I just couldn’t get into any kind of rhythm at all, mistakes everywhere for no reason and just not much pace. This allowed Apple to get a run on me, but I stuck with him and got myself into a position for 130R. Stupidly I thought about the move but I wasn’t close enough to make it stick so I backed out, again losing the rear which gifted the place to Richie and I settled into 3rd.

Richie was faster by some margin that both me and Apple so I was trying to use his slipstream to pull me back up to Apple and in the ensuing battle try and make something happen. This pretty much went exactly to plan, with the exception of what ‘happened’ was me putting a wheel on the grass and almost spinning out. Richie took Apple and me too far back to get any benefit from a slipstream fell further behind. Seeing Apple (my only real rival in the race) disappear I decided to pit early and get an undercut.

D1Sr1u1XgAAEKVO

This worked pretty well, I’d cut the gap from 4~ seconds to under 1 and we where both catching Bandit who hadn’t stopped. This time the plan of sitting back and picking up the pieces worked. Apple our braked himself touched the grass and span at the final chicane, Bandit pitted right after and I took 3rd place. That was basically my race. I couldn’t keep the gap to Richie let alone close it and Apple dropped further back.

D1Sr-isWwAA4E7s

In what’ll be my last race in this DTM league a podium was the goal so a good result all round.

I have to say this league has been pretty good and the level driving higher than I expected. This is the first time I’ve raced in a league with ballast too which did shake it up a fair bit. It’s been a good laugh but Saturday evenings have become busy for me again.

Gentleman and Buik should be participating in the final two events. I’m hoping Buik can get the podium he’s been promising and Gent can have a clean start and a good race!

This worked pretty well, I’d cut the gap from 4~ seconds to under 1 and we where both catching Bandit who hadn’t stopped. This time the plan of sitting back and picking up the pieces worked. Apple our braked himself touched the grass and span at the final chicane, Bandit pitted right after and I took 3rd place. That was basically my race. I couldn’t keep the gap to Richie let alone close it and Apple dropped further back.

@DynamicGT @PSN offapple I made a scheduled stop with no damage. There is no need to review the incident given that I was going to loose the position anyways due to my tires being dead.

Raceday, for the last time this season. And as far as I know, my last time actually racing here as I swap the cockpit for the commentary booth. Really looking forward to it. Going to leave everything on the track! :D

P.s. The ballast tracker needs updating as it doesn't show the weight in kg's for 2 of the cars

Back