DRL DTM Championship Season 1 | Saturdays 8pm GMT | R9 March 16th | Entry Closed |

• Thread starter DynamicGT
  • 388 comments
For me that was one of the worst races in a while.

DzkGpxIW0AA7hdf

On reflection finishing 6th and ahead (just) if @PSN offapple isnt the end of the world, but it felt like it.

I got a good start, up to 4th but I was then racing against people with zero ballast. This meant that I could just about battle with them on the infield but on the two straights I had nothing. Over the course of the race it looked like I was loosing between 5-7 tenths just on the start finish straight to the car ahead.
I feel this was compounded by the post patch nerf Audi’s got, which meant I had nothing out of the final corner. The lack of power unable to propel me up the hill properly. Due to the weight couldn’t defend or attack into turn 1, which left me a sitting target.
This meant that I was just stuck loosing lap time hand over fist every time I got close to anyone. Left alone I had the pace to get a podium (I caught the top4 all battling twice) but because I was so slow on the straights soon as I caught anyone I was loosing time and positions.
The last quater of the race was the worst, I’d managed to keep up and with the pit stops actually get in the mix with the top 5. But because they were battling so hard they were pushing me back into King and the other guys behind me. When ever I went for a move I just ended up loosing the position and even more time. I just sat there looking at my lead over the cars behind being taken away and there wasn’t anything I could do. When the cars behind where within a second of me it was pretty much over.
Frustration and desperation mixed and I bungled an undercut move on King causing damage to the both of us. The damage I took meant I was loosing a second a lap and the damage King took meant he couldn’t battle Waddles. I lost another position and just about managed to finish ahead of Apple.

The next race is at a track I struggle with so I’m not really looking forward to it. If the issues I had at this last round where related to power then a good result will be difficult.
Updated my post as it wasn’t the best :lol:

To be fair you drove around me pulled in front of me and then parked it on the apex. I’m not sure what you really wanted me to do *shrugs*
There was meant to be a sticky out tongue next to it. Don't get angry :) was a good race

DRL DTM will continue with Season 2 which will start in April. Here is the provisional schedule.

March 31st - Sign Ups Open

April 6th -
Pre-Season Test

April 13th -
Round 1

More info soon!

I'm going to announce my retirement from S1. Nothing worked for me in the last couple of weeks. Problems here, problems there. I'm fed up with the car, with the tracks and my own pace which is beyond tragic. I feel like there's just no motivation or fun left for me to compete.

I'm going to announce my retirement from S1. Nothing worked for me in the last couple of weeks. Problems here, problems there. I'm fed up with the car, with the tracks and my own pace which is beyond tragic. I feel like there's just no motivation or fun left for me to compete.
No worries man you had a good run at it at least but if you aren't enjoying it I understand. Hope to see you back soon!

Notice: @DTM-Drivers - The Finale at N24 will use our usual points system.

My main reason is it would be unfair to offer extra points if some can't make it due to unforeseen circumstances.

Last edited:
Back