DRR & MWM RC Presents: Motegi 6H GT300 Teams Endurance EventOpen 

• Thread starter Sinyster
  • 59 comments
Allow these guys a driver change without penalty. I'd hate to see this team not finish... I know the regulation stipulations but screw it, we've waited months for an event like this, it'd be a shame if WRL can't finish.

Allow these guys a driver change without penalty. I'd hate to see this team not finish... I know the regulation stipulations but screw it, we've waited months for an event like this, it'd be a shame if WRL can't finish.
Reiterating this... if WRL have a driver that CAN join... please let them.

After the stewards and I have gone over all stint photos and our (short) amount of live timing available, we have the official results! Sadly, there was a team who wasn't able to classify due to many setbacks, but such is endurance racing.

Our first place finish goes off to the amazing drivers of Clockwork Racing, who definitely showed off that their name rings true! Following up the grid in 2nd and 3rd respectively, come Dragon+Razor Racing, and MWM Racers Collective, who battled it out after the mass DC that occurred, which helped to bring DRR back onto the lead lap and have at it with MWM RC.

So, now that the podium positions are up and shown, let's have the complete rundown!

1st. CLOCKWORK RACING
2nd. DRAGON+RAZOR RACING
3rd. MIDWEEK MOTORSPORTS RACERS COLLECTIVE
4th. THE HUMBLE GUYS
5th. WEIL RACING LIMITED
6th. STARSCREAM ENTERPRISES
7th. HARSK RACING SERIES COMMUNITY.

NC. TARMAC OVERDOSE.

And also, with this note, we will be extending everyone who participated, the first invites to the next race on October 8th!

Be prepared for the 6h of Bathurst, in the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car!

After the stewards and I have gone over all stint photos and our (short) amount of live timing available, we have the official results! Sadly, there was a team who wasn't able to classify due to many setbacks, but such is endurance racing.

Our first place finish goes off to the amazing drivers of Clockwork Racing, who definitely showed off that their name rings true! Following up the grid in 2nd and 3rd respectively, come Dragon+Razor Racing, and MWM Racers Collective, who battled it out after the mass DC that occurred, which helped to bring DRR back onto the lead lap and have at it with MWM RC.

So, now that the podium positions are up and shown, let's have the complete rundown!

1st. CLOCKWORK RACING
2nd. DRAGON+RAZOR RACING
3rd. MIDWEEK MOTORSPORTS RACERS COLLECTIVE
4th. THE HUMBLE GUYS
5th. WEIL RACING LIMITED
6th. STARSCREAM ENTERPRISES
7th. HARSK RACING SERIES COMMUNITY.

NC. TARMAC OVERDOSE.

And also, with this note, we will be extending everyone who participated, the first invites to the next race on October 8th!

Be prepared for the 6h of Bathurst, in the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car!
Why is Tarmac overdose not classified?

we are currently putting together all of the PDF files so we can show every detail of what happened and why things are the way they are, do stay tuned 👍

Where can I sign up? Just in case I can make this thing.
We'll have stuff for the next event sorted out by the end of the week 👍

Thanks to everyone involved in the making of this event and to everyone who took and interest in putting forward a team... I mean in the most literal way that we wouldn't have had an event if not for all who showed interest, so thank you all!

Commiserations to TNR who sadly couldn't field their team last-minute... but big props to DRR for letting 5Zigen race for them. A big, big shout out to @DannyB013 and @Antares26 for agreeing to join Clockwork Motorsport and for their mammoth efforts in the car last weekend.

Big shout to DRR and MWM RC for their podium slots, as much as you all can say that my team and I did a great job, it takes strong competitors to force us to put in the work we had to for this and even in victory we've learned a lot, and weren't without flaws we can build upon.

True story... after I finished my stint in the car I went into my own lobby on my own to practice and DC'd before I could complete a lap!! Did that 3-4 times...

Quick summary is simply that TOR didn't conduct the 2 required driver changes.
As per regulation 8.2.3, "To be Classified, a Team must have completed the minimum number of prescribed Driver Changes". Had your team swapped back to you as planned, you would have been classified.

but big props to DRR for letting 5Zigen race for them.
Storm mate, you'e making it sound like having zigen drive for you is a massive burden! If you offered me 5zigen an hour before the race; 99 times in 100 I'd say "YES PLEASE!"
Congratulations to your team on kicking our butts the entire race, you managed to put the whole field a lap down in that 6th hour before the lobby crashed, a very deserving win for you guys.

I honestly thought I was on the same lap as everyone on the restart, which itself was pretty bad for me in all honestly, avoidable mistakes left and right which was just me getting tense after seeing the field so close togehter. Really big thanks to everyone who made the event happen.

Shoutout to my CWM mates @Storm_SP17 and @DannyB013, you guys were brilliant on your stints. Thanks for having me onboard for the race!

Storm mate, you'e making it sound like having zigen drive for you is a massive burden! If you offered me 5zigen an hour before the race; 99 times in 100 I'd say "YES PLEASE!"
Congratulations to your team on kicking our butts the entire race, you managed to put the whole field a lap down in that 6th hour before the lobby crashed, a very deserving win for you guys.
Haha, sorry... of course everyone would jump at the idea of having 5Zigen in their team!

Thanks though, I appreciate it!

I honestly thought I was on the same lap as everyone on the restart
So did we. However we'd been capturing the timing screen and were able to see that you had lapped MWM the very lap before the room colapsed! And if you'd taken your pitstop at 6:20:00 room time as your team's strategy suggested you would have, you'd have lost that lap back to MWM and the results would be very different. But alas, that's racing, and in all fairness for Clockwork to lose that after the race you guys had run up until the red flag would have been cruel. I can say I'm happy with the result even though my team didn't win, because the best team on the day won it.

Race results.
Final Classification.
Classification by Driver Laps
Classification by Driver Fastest Lap
Stint Analysis
Race Control Notices.

Attachments

• DRR_2016_Motegi_6_Hours_Final_Classification.pdf
    316 KB · Views: 23
  • DRR_2016_Motegi_6_Hours_Classification_by_Driver_Laps.pdf
    346.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DRR_2016_Motegi_6_Hours_Classification_by_Driver_Fastest_Lap.pdf
    341.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DRR_2016_Motegi_6_Hours_Stint_Analysis.pdf
    746.1 KB · Views: 19
  • DRR_2016_Motegi_6_Hours_Race_Control_Notices.pdf
    338.1 KB · Views: 20
To all teams who have participated in this race, I would like to welcome you the opportunity to continue on and join in on our next race at Bathurst!

2016 BATHURST 6HR PROMO 4.png

Back