DTM Tournament Round 1 - You have until August 21st to submit your times.

  • Thread starter Thread starter GM
  • 103 comments
  • 4,554 views
George Morley
You can do the race in Time Trail if you playback the replay, stop the replay just before you finish lap 9, thats yor total time.
Penalties set to 4 seconds.
George,this is a problem again.If we start the race in Arcade/Single race there are standing starts and some starts where the cars moving and the speed is about 60 or 80 km/h BUT if you do it in Time Trial there are very serious flying start when your opening lap time is very close to the next so there will be a disadvantage for people who make the race in Single race mode.
Can we clear this rule plaese?
What does this means:the penalties set to 4 seconds?For who?The first one,right?
 
Races on Time Trail.
 
Should we be doing 8 or 9 laps? In this topic it says 9 but it says 8 in the other.
 
It says 8 on the other?

Sorry about that, 9 laps.

I've edited the points table to be DTM/BTCC style.

Before.

1st. 30
2nd. 26
3rd. 22
4th. 18
5th. 14
6th. 10
7th. 8
8th. 6
9th. 4
10th. 3
11th. 2
12th. 1
13th. 0
14th. 0


After.

1st. 10
2nd. 6
3rd. 4
4th. 3
5th. 2
6th. 1
7th And Below. 0


This will make the champinoship closer and it'll be more realistic
 
Nice points system, but can we do the races in arcade race?? I mean if we can, then there really is no point in doing it, because everyone will go on the time trial, and there is no point in doing the TT's in arcade mode because we might as well do the TT's in GT mode.
Thanks,
Danisfast
PS I personally am in favour of ONLY arcade races so you can make the most of the penalty system and it gives you track competition but thats just IMO.
 
Nice points system, but can we do the races in arcade race?? I mean if we can, then there really is no point in doing it, because everyone will go on the time trial, and there is no point in doing the TT's in arcade mode because we might as well do the TT's in GT mode.

Agree 110%, just makes a lot of sense to me to do the races in Arcade race, therefore things such as traffic, tyre wear and a little bit of stratagy come into play. Also you can impliment things such as compulsory pitstops to make it more interesting...

secondly.. what times is everybody running..... im in the 1'09's at the moment...
 
I'm not sure we can chat about times here, maybe its the taikyu series...ah I've got too much time on my hands...
Danisfast
 
No time discussion here please, PM me your times (qualification and race) :)
 
Yes, it's here, the 34 race DTM tournament, this thread will contain everything you need to know about round 1.​



Deep Forest Raceway​
Qualification​
Race - 9 Laps​

That clears things up???

Can you edit the first post with the rules and regulations..instead of us having to search through the thread to make sure we've got all the rule changes?

Is it arcade Race or Time Trial? Although in time trial mode Im not sure how we're expected to get a 'reliable' full race time?

Please get this sorted soon George....I was quite excited about the prospect of a DTM series but this is turning into a pain in the backside. :grumpy:
 
What about Traction Control?? Is that allowed?? Or not??
Thanks,
Danisfast
 
Time Trail.
TCS optional, ASM off, I've said that before.
 
SuperT
Is it arcade Race or Time Trial? Although in time trial mode Im not sure how we're expected to get a 'reliable' full race time?
When you complete the right amount of laps in Time Trial save the replay and it gives you an accurate total time of the number of laps you completed.
 
Message to everyone.

I've made post #1 much better with all the rules etc. Hope you find it better :)
 
Thanks :)
 
That's better George.

Thanks. 👍 :)
 
Glad you all like it, now all the rules are up we can race :)
 
George,
Just posting to inform you that I'm withdrawing from the DTM. I've got other projects that I need to conentrate on.
Danisfast.
 
Haha, thanks for telling me that now Dan, how about saying that before?
 
I guess I fill the position by east in the Vauxhall. :)


Cheers,
Jetboy
 
So far I've recived one time by PM and I've been told one over MSN, as I recive times from drivers I'll post their names in post #1.
 
jetboys
I guess I fill the position by east in the Vauxhall.
Welcome aboard Jetboys :)

George Morley
as I recive times from drivers I'll post their names in post #1.
Great idea George 👍
 
5 days to submit, I recived 1 time, come on people!
 
For anyone slightly confused as to how to get a race time.

As George says, do 9 complete laps in time-trial, save the replay, and then just go to the replay theater. The time given within the replay's banner is the accurate time for the completed laps only! It doesn't include any time after the line and before you pressed 'start' to exit.

Times going to George when I have finished writing this!

Neil
 
Should have mine by tonight.

I was hoping to get a few races ahead by the time I go on holiday. :D
 
Haha, thanks for telling me that now Dan, how about saying that before?

Don't take it the wrong way mate. I'm moving half-way across the world and I'm gearing up to start my career. I won't even have time to run my own tournament.
Danisfast
 
Back