Duke Racing Celica GT-Four Time Attack Racecar

• Thread starter Punknoodle
  • 1,059 comments
I fitted the coilovers, the sway bar, the bushes etc. Also fitted the engine mounts, replaced the fuse box, replaced the thermostat and starter motor myself.

I had the linkage cables replaced by a shop and they put in the short shift kit while they were at it. The exhaust was done by Brian at Exhaust Innovations in Capalaba. The engine internals were done before I bought the car, the head porting and rebuild, gearbox rebuild, power steering rebuild, high flow of wastegate were all done by Advanced Performance Centre in Underwood.

And stuff like the turbo timer, manual boost controller, boost guage, Hella H4 conversion kit, stereo etc I did as well.

Dyno tuning and setting the boost on the manual boost controller was originally performed by Advanced Performance as well, however since I've had the exhaust put on I'm experiencing boost creep again, and I need to send it back there, although they probably can't do anything to it until I get the new ECU or an FCD to at least stop it from hitting the cut. Fun and games.

Oh and I'm getting the guards rolled by Kevin at Precision Guard Rolling - he runs a mobile business so he's coming to my place to do it on Thursday night, I'll let you know how it goes for if you ever need to get yours rolled. $150 including travel to do the rear of the car seems pretty reasonable to be, he uses the correct equipment and a heat gun.

I rolled mine myself on the corolla... 1.5" diameter steel tube and a mate driving it back and forth ever so slowly. Worked perfect... very backyard but it did the job.

The Soarers rears were done by a tyre shop which has since gone out of business.

Yeeeeeaaaah no thanks :P

I don't mind paying coz I'd end up completely goosing it.

Just bought a CAMS approved extinguisher, I'm going to make brackets and install it in front of the passenger seat. I figure it's a small expense that I hopefully never have to use but if I needed it one day it would prove invaluable.

That is a very nice ST185. The wheels look great!. I wish my MR2 sounded like that but sadly it's not turbo.

So I heard your new setup rubs on something. Details bro, details.

On another note, I feel bad for all you people and your rubbage. I can lower my car 2 more inches and go even lower offset on both ends and still not have any rubbing issues anywhere. Pretty rad. Got dem muscle car wheel wells.

My fire extinguisher arrived today, wasted no time mounting it.

First, had to make a bracket. Measured the dimensions I needed to hang it off the seat mounting bolts.

P1010546.jpg

Then used a sheet of 4mm thick alloy, and cut the shape I needed with a grinder. Here it is, filed. I used Autosol polish on it to bring it up to a mirror like shine. Those tabs with the holes are for the mounting, you can't really tell but they are slightly bent to allow for the extinguisher to be mounted lower down.

P1010550.jpg

Here it is with the extinguisher bracket bolted on.

P1010551.jpg

Finally, a few of shots of final mounting. I'm really happy with the result, the bracket looks nice, especially with the factory plastic covers mounted back over the fixing bolts. I mounted it as far to the centre console as possible to allow for the slide lever on the seat - perfect fit, about a 10mm gap from the swing of the lever. The seat can go forward right over top of the extinguisher.

P1010555.jpg

P1010553.jpg

P1010556.jpg

So I heard your new setup rubs on something. Details bro, details.

On another note, I feel bad for all you people and your rubbage. I can lower my car 2 more inches and go even lower offset on both ends and still not have any rubbing issues anywhere. Pretty rad. Got dem muscle car wheel wells.

I seem to remember you having to pull the fenders like an inch and losing paint in the process.

And something about "Skinny white boy ain't got no tan". ;)

And something about "Skinny white boy ain't got no tan". ;)
Two months of sun later, the tan is on boil. Lookin spicy baby.

And yes, I pulled the fenders way out. That was just to get rid of the Mexiflush though - it still wouldn't have rubbed, just looked stupid. I'm not low enough to rub on the fenders unless I drive up a flex ramp or something ridiculous.

Some people have the weirdest rubbing problems. Rubs on the inside? Get some spacers don't be lazy. But my buddy's E28, he's wearing some 9.5 Sawblades with 225/35 in the rear. It's not even flush with the fender lip - it rubs the inside face of the top of the fender. Wut? The fender has a little lip that sticks out at a 45 degree angle on the outside. His tire rubs where the lip and vertical quarter panel meet. Gotta go with more stretch to fit tighter, and stiffer springs so it can't flex that much to begin with.

that thing looks really, really cool. And I'd support the idea of the other bumper, I think it would look pretty sinister with that, and a small lip.

Nice one Nick, I hope I can manage somehow to clean my car for our race meet at Lakeside next Sunday. It's pretty dirty at the moment, and I've gotta represent.:lol:

Yeah, and park beside each other too to eliminate the risk of some retard parking beside our cars and opening their doors into them.

Would make a good GTP pic!

Wow the wheels look great. Your car is looking awesome! I really want that style of wheel for my car. But maybe not as shiny for the spokes. Good choice.

Yeah, and park beside each other too to eliminate the risk of some retard parking beside our cars and opening their doors into them.

Would make a good GTP pic!

Hmm, we can try, I normally park on the hill between Dunlop Bridge and Hungry if there are spots available, so look for me there.:) If Tim can bring his Soarer it'd make for a better picture.
Lakeside_map.gif

I've never been there before. Maybe we should meet out the gate, if you know what time you are heading down? Anyone else besides Tim going from GTP?

I've never been there before. Maybe we should meet out the gate, if you know what time you are heading down? Anyone else besides Tim going from GTP?

Possibly Small_Fryz and I don't know if you know PAPAOSA and Zed, but this'll be the 3rd event I've been to with them.:) A friend of mine will be there, but won't necessarily hang out with us all day, he's not from GTP though.

Oh cool, I'll be bringing a mate too, I think. Should be good. Will the terrain suit a Celica with coilovers lol?

Oh cool, I'll be bringing a mate too, I think. Should be good. Will the terrain suit a Celica with coilovers lol?

Mmmmm, I'm going to say yes, but there'd be plenty of other spots to park if you can't get up there.

Cool! Nice to meet you too mate. I'll be entering just as a normal non judged entry, no racing but I'll go for a cruise round the track probably :) Mint, my first show in it :)

Hey, you blokes are alright.:lol:

picture.php

Nick should have a better quality version.

I don't face it up at all, but keep me posted especially if rides are involved.

LOL, looks funny how we both took pics at the same time resulting in the exact same picture with the same human shadows but slightly different angles and quality.

This was taken not long after Nick took me for a ride in his car, I think he got to something like 812km/hr, it was scary, all in the carpark too!

Back