Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship 2012

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,060 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish BMW would hurry up and release the 2nd gen 1er Coupe so somebody could make an NGTV version of that. That would be a proper successor to the E30 M3.

I wish BMW would hurry up and release the 2nd gen 1er Coupe so somebody could make an NGTV version of that. That would be a proper successor to the E30 M3.

The E30 M3 came about, and evolved, in order to race. It is what it is because it was built to race. In respect of cars that were built to race, the E90 320Si and the E92 M3 GTS are the closest to being successors to the E30 M3... the Si was for homologation of the S2000 WTCC 320, and the GTS was for homologation of the 4.4l V8 for use in the M3 & Z4 GT programs, instead of the standard M3's 4.0l V8.

A 2nd gen 1-er.. or the 2 series as it will be known, could only ever be a proper sucessor to the E30 M3 if BMW designed something about it specifically for racing - and even if they did, it wouldn't be for NGTC racing unless it was adopted on a more international scale.

It's a minor point, I do get what you are saying, the M3's looked great in the BTCC.

According to autosport this week team hard are running their civic this year as well...

It's a minor point, I do get what you are saying, the M3's looked great in the BTCC.

I was only looking at on aesthetics. I know all about the homologation stuff, I just meant purely on the looks and proportions of the cars.

Now don't get me wrong I'd love a homologation 1er coupe. I can imagine it now. 1m chassis with a properly wind-tunnel tested wing, 350bhp 2 litre turbo-four and stripped out interior. Drool.

And off topic, I've lusted after an E90 320si for so long, just which they'd have done a homologation-spec E46 320si with a straight-six.

Team HARD on twitter saying less than 48 hours until first driver is announced.

By the way, going to review the OP soon and turn this into a general BTCC thread to continue usage into 2013 season.

EDIT: Gilham loves twitter...

"Someone OLD, someone NEW, someone BORROWED, someone for YOU........ "

"@mistersi I won't be one of the drivers. 2 new to BTCC and 2 have raced BTCC before"

And he won't be racing next year.

A-RxkoNCUAE6yAO.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back