Not open for further replies.

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54

logo_btcc1.gif

After the epic Honda vs Chevy battle of last season, BTCC is back. Many new cars and drivers are present but one thing is sure not to change - bumper to bumper touring car racing!

This season see's a number of changes. One of them is a new points system for the top 15 drivers, and also there are mnany new cars and drivers:

Honda compete under the HONDA YUASA RACING banner with a brand new Civic for Gordon Shedden and Matt Neal.
2012-BTCC-Honda-Yuasa.jpg

Matt Neals' arch-rival Jason Plato spearheads MG's return to competition with the MG6 GT. Andy Neate partners him for this season.
2012-BTCC-MG.jpg

Motorbase Performance who competed under the Team Airwaves banner return with a trio of Ford Focuses for Mat Jackson, Arron Smith, and Liam Griffin
2012-BTCC-Ford-Focus-ST.jpg

Tom Onslow-Cole returns to the three-car BMW Ebay Motors team with established driver Rob Collard and Nick Foster.
2012-BTCC-BMW.jpg

Frank Wrathall is back after a scintillating debut season in a reworked Toyota Avensis once again with Dynojet.
wrathall.jpg

After a promising debut in the latter part of 2011 Daniel Welch returns with his Proton Persona.
2012-BTCC-Proton-Persona.jpg

In a shock, Dave Newsham was fastest at the first official pre season test at Silverstone in his ES Racing Vauxhall Vectra. Chris James will drive a 2nd car.
btcc12032001-q.jpg

Rob Austin Racing's potent RWD Audi's are back. Rob will be a driving a second car wiht Mark Hazell also racing for the team.
7008043623_07351c2c9e.jpg

Ginetta Supercup champion Adam Morgan is in a second Speedworks Toyota with Tony Hughes driving the other car yet again.
Adam-Morgan-4.jpg

Tony Gilham continues his quest to get results and make our eyes bleed with his new Honda.
te_69_st.jpg

Lea Wood has finally got rid of his Honda Integra and chosen a Vauxhall Vectra for this season.
6851498724_82ec0c4215.jpg

Ollie Jackson pilots the potent little VW Golf.
2012-BTCC-AMD-Tuning-Golf.jpg

Andrew Jordan and Jeff Smith are seeking big things with their 2012-spec Honda Civic's.
2012-BTCC-Pirtek-Racing.jpg

John Thorne is a new driver in his Vauxhall Insignia
2012-BTCC-Thorney-Motorsport.jpg

The season begins this weekend at Brands Hatch. Who do you think will win the title?

31 March-1 April, Brands Hatch (Indy), Kent
14-15 April - Donington Park, Leicestershire
28-29 April , Thruxton, Hampshire
9-10 June, Oulton Park (Island), Cheshire
23-24 June , Croft, North Yorkshire
11-12 August, Snetterton (300), Norfolk
25-26 August, Knockhill, Fife
22-23 September, Rockingham, Northamptonshire
6-7 October, Silverstone, Northamptonshire
20-21 October, Brands Hatch (Grand Prix), Kent

Last edited:
I'm gutted that Paul O'Neill has finally packed it in and been unable to find the budget. On a similar note, the same for John George too as "gentleman racers" are all part of the sport too and help drivers like Paul race. In fact, its a shame the Tech-speed team isn't going to have any presence anymore, they will be missed.

But, I'm happy that Lea Wood has finally secured the budget to run a full season and upgraded to a very competitive car! I'm fully supporting him this season especially after witnessing his impressive (but lucky!) driving at Oulton Park last year getting the old Integra up the order!

As well as Lea, I will be supporting:
Frank Wrathall
Rob Austin
Tom Onslow-Cole
Rob Collard
Nick Foster
Dan Welch
Mat Jackson
Tony Gilham
Andrew Jordan

I'm thoroughly looking forward to the 2012 season getting underway this weekend, it feels like a very late start in the year to get things started.......

As for who will take the title this year? Thats a tough question to answer. I am a solid Vauxhall fan, and was always cheering for Andrew Jordan last year, but now he's in a Honda, it's gonna be John Thorne and the other Vectra's for me this year haha. It would be brilliant for Flash to win the title, as he has been in the hunt for a while now, at the same time, I expect we will see a huge presence from Frank Wrathall, and Andy Jordan, they had a good season last year.

I am not at all surprised to see Tom Onslow-Cole has changed teams again, I doubt he will stay with them though, he seems to have disagreements with team bosses about as often as I have hot dinners lol.

Roll on Sunday!!

I'm surprised to see that no one is racing one of the new Focus'. Are they eligible?

Yes, they're eligible but they are S2000 spec where the BTCC is starting to move from S2000 to NGTC regulations. No one wants to use a brand new S2000 car that hasn't been developed only for it to be ineligible in a couple of years.

I think it's more the fact that they weren't offered as I assume Arena used them all/converted them to 1.6T for the WTCC.

Can't wait to see how my faves Andy Jordan and Mat Jackson do again this year! 👍

I reckon it's going to be difficult for anyone to stop Matt Neal this year but you can bet I'll be supporting anyone who looks like they have even half a chance.:sly:

I think it's more the fact that they weren't offered as I assume Arena used them all/converted them to 1.6T for the WTCC.

Can't wait to see how my faves Andy Jordan and Mat Jackson do again this year! 👍

Eh, well there were 3 BTCC "Global" Focus STs (only 2 are in the WTCC) and I heard somewhere that the WTCC cars are brand new cars though they could have stripped the BTCC chassis and used them.
There were also rumours of Ford trying to convince Motorbase to run the newer shape Focus.

Either way, no one is going to want to run a brand new S2000 car because they will spend a couple of seasons developing it only for it be banned. And I'm not sure Ford are interested in investing and developing an NGTC version though maybe (and hopefully!) they could use the Mondeo instead?

Not to mention the "Global" Focus didn't exactly show much impressive form last year.

Rob Hedley will be in a second Thorney Motorsport Insignia from Oulton Park onwards.

Furinkazen you made a mistake in the schedule, you put 13-14th April, when thats a Friday and Saturday ;-)

You need to change it to 14th-15th :-)

Furinkazen you made a mistake in the schedule, you put 13-14th April, when thats a Friday and Saturday ;-)

You need to change it to 14th-15th :-)

Updated. Incidentally I had copy and pasted that from a website..

As I posted in the other BTCC thread:

Mark Hazell has gone walkies again meaning only one Audi, driven by Rob Austin, will compete this weekend.

EDIT:

One of the biggest talking points though will be the lack of the MG's in prac. Apparently they're not ready and may even miss Quali unless they get a shift on.

Last edited:
Is the Qualifying being broadcasted anywhere, if so could someone link me?

Really looking forward to the races tomorrow. Love to see the BTCC back and looking forward to seeing how the MG stacks up against the Hondas and holding my pint up for Rob Austin's Audi aswell :cheers:

Not so sure,camber's abit off but i've seen worse. you'd be surprised what race teams can do in a short space of time.

I very much doubt it'll be fixed, there's a whole array of things that'll need to be done: Radiator, Roll Cage, Suspension, Body Work and that's all I can think off the top of my head, they'll need a miracle.

Tom
I very much doubt it'll be fixed, there's a whole array of things that'll need to be done: Radiator, Roll Cage, Suspension, Body Work and that's all I can think off the top of my head, they'll need a miracle.

If a team can sort out Jason Plato's rolled Chevy last year in a couple of hours, then I'm pretty sure Thorney can sort this no sweat!

I can't wait for Qualifying to start, I'm rooting for the underdogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back