Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship 2013 Season Thread

• Thread starter Tom
  • 1,216 comments
It's confirmed that Chris James will be back next season, via it 'AV IT!!' group on Facebook.

Chris James
Well let's tell you guys first. 100% job done, 100% happening. We've signed up with a major title sponsor and will have two amazing NGTC cars next year & will be running at the front You heard it hear first!!

The only time he'll be at the front is when he's being lapped.

Tom
It's confirmed that Chris James will be back next season, via it 'AV IT!!' group on Facebook.

Can I just announce I've spent all my life savings investing in the fibreglass industry.

Should have a good return :)

:lol:

Last edited:
Never realised how brilliant Rob Austin is. New fan here!

That said, the only two BTCC rounds I've attended this year are the only rounds he's failed to score any points...

Tom

*sigh*

Christ he's annoying. It was so nice not having to listen to him talking rubbish all this season.

------------

Nothing like a 500 mile NASCAR race to make you get round to editing photos.

I knew all the action would happen on the Indy circuit but the GP loop isn't open very often, so I stayed there. Forgot my radio so I had no idea what was going on as there's no tannoys on the GP circuit. Got very wet. Good day though - great to see the championship presentation on the main straight.

Árón Smith in race 2, sporting bumper damage from the Collard-Neal-Jordan incident:

DSC_1083a by GTP_Roo, on Flickr

Goff vs Shedden, lap 6, race 3:

DSC_1717a by GTP_Roo, on Flickr

A very happy Eurotech crew:

DSC_2238a by GTP_Roo, on Flickr

And the rest.

Last edited:
My bet is they promote Tom Ingram from the Ginetta GTs. According to wiki, he's done some races for MG elsewhere as well...

Wouldn't say no. He is part of the KX Academy and it was established with emerging talent in mind and who better to give a chance to than Tom Ingram. I was impressed by him this season. Him and Stefan Hodgetts in the Clio's. But I think Tom would be better.

Hello BTCC experts,

I have a small question about the specs of the cars used over the years within BTCC. Can anyone tell me where I can find them? I search all the technical specs for the Peugeot touringcars that entered the BTCC over the years.

Peugeot 405
Peugeot 406
Peugeot 406 Coupe
Peugeot 307

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Second question, is there also a place where you can find for example the setups that were being used on the different tracks?

Regards,
doblo

Hello BTCC experts,

I have a small question about the specs of the cars used over the years within BTCC. Can anyone tell me where I can find them? I search all the technical specs for the Peugeot touringcars that entered the BTCC over the years.

Peugeot 405
Peugeot 406
Peugeot 406 Coupe
Peugeot 307

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Second question, is there also a place where you can find for example the setups that were being used on the different tracks?

Regards,
doblo
The 405 and 406 should be on here: http://www.supertouringregister.com/register/ not sure where you will find info on the BTC cars.

I'd imagine setup info is kept by the teams.

Big news from TOCA ahead of 2014 announced with a new licence system - explained below:

There will be a maximum of 30 TBLs available to teams, and allocations will be prioritised as follows:

Existing teams that have competed in at least 50 per cent of the 2013 BTCC season with NGTC machinery will have automatic entry for the same number of cars in 2014, subject to fulfilment of the pre-registration requirements by 30 November

Existing teams with two or more NGTC cars will have priority for one additional entry subject to validation of the entry by TOCA

Existing cars

New entries

Eligible teams will then be issued with a TBL which will secure each entry for a minimum of three seasons (i.e. until the end of 2016). Teams may sell, gift, lease, assign or loan their TBL to other existing teams or eligible new entries on a season-long basis only, subject to the approval of TOCA as to the integrity of both recipient and transaction.

Possession and retention of a TBL includes an obligation from each entrant to contest all BTCC events for each season entered. An entry that is unused for one event in any season will void its TBL, and an entry that misses two events will have its entry rescinded for the balance of the season.

In addition each entrant cannot make more than one change of driver per car during the course of a season except in genuine cases of force majeure. Substitute drivers must have completed at least 300km of testing in an NGTC car unless they are acknowledged by TOCA as having extensive experience driving a touring car or are a driver of high repute.

In all cases force majeure does not include financial issues.

TOCA will retain two further TBLs in addition to the 30 allocated to teams. These may be loaned to a suitable entrant, but will not be sold or permanently transferred.

TOCA may allow up to two extra cars on top of the 32 TBLs to participate at selected events. These will be as ad-hoc, celebrity or R&D entries and will not gain championship points or count towards eligibility for a TBL.

So what does everyone think of that?

Not really keen on these changes, the reason quite a few of the teams have swapping drivers is for money. And I'm also not so sure about going a bit FIA-Super licensey with the 300km minimum testing.

Sure its great to ensure all entries carry through the season and all of the drivers have a certain level of experience. But money isn't exactly plentiful and while the BTCC has had a great few seasons recently with pretty much full grids, success doesn't make things cheaper.

I quite enjoyed when Paul O'Neill jumped in the Toyota last year and put in some solid results or the year before that when Lea Wood turned up half way through in the old Integra and had some awesome races at Oulton. With these regulations, stuff like that isn't going to happen anymore.

And while Team HARD were switching to an extreme, they weren't putting useless pay drivers in the car. Many of those drivers like Fuller, Moffat, etc are seemingly talented drivers looking for experience. They probably can't afford a full season, so what can they do now?

Big news from TOCA ahead of 2014 announced with a new licence system - explained below:

There will be a maximum of 30 TBLs available to teams, and allocations will be prioritised as follows:

Existing teams that have competed in at least 50 per cent of the 2013 BTCC season with NGTC machinery will have automatic entry for the same number of cars in 2014, subject to fulfilment of the pre-registration requirements by 30 November

Existing teams with two or more NGTC cars will have priority for one additional entry subject to validation of the entry by TOCA

Existing cars

New entries

Eligible teams will then be issued with a TBL which will secure each entry for a minimum of three seasons (i.e. until the end of 2016). Teams may sell, gift, lease, assign or loan their TBL to other existing teams or eligible new entries on a season-long basis only, subject to the approval of TOCA as to the integrity of both recipient and transaction.

Possession and retention of a TBL includes an obligation from each entrant to contest all BTCC events for each season entered. An entry that is unused for one event in any season will void its TBL, and an entry that misses two events will have its entry rescinded for the balance of the season.

In addition each entrant cannot make more than one change of driver per car during the course of a season except in genuine cases of force majeure. Substitute drivers must have completed at least 300km of testing in an NGTC car unless they are acknowledged by TOCA as having extensive experience driving a touring car or are a driver of high repute.

In all cases force majeure does not include financial issues.

TOCA will retain two further TBLs in addition to the 30 allocated to teams. These may be loaned to a suitable entrant, but will not be sold or permanently transferred.

TOCA may allow up to two extra cars on top of the 32 TBLs to participate at selected events. These will be as ad-hoc, celebrity or R&D entries and will not gain championship points or count towards eligibility for a TBL.

So what does everyone think of that?

Sounds like that daft CRT rule that is in MotoGP.

Not really keen on these changes, the reason quite a few of the teams have swapping drivers is for money. And I'm also not so sure about going a bit FIA-Super licensey with the 300km minimum testing.

Sure its great to ensure all entries carry through the season and all of the drivers have a certain level of experience. But money isn't exactly plentiful and while the BTCC has had a great few seasons recently with pretty much full grids, success doesn't make things cheaper.

I quite enjoyed when Paul O'Neill jumped in the Toyota last year and put in some solid results or the year before that when Lea Wood turned up half way through in the old Integra and had some awesome races at Oulton. With these regulations, stuff like that isn't going to happen anymore.

And while Team HARD were switching to an extreme, they weren't putting useless pay drivers in the car. Many of those drivers like Fuller, Moffat, etc are seemingly talented drivers looking for experience. They probably can't afford a full season, so what can they do now?

I'm sure that Alan Gow will relax the rules at some point, he'll have to realise that a team such as Gilham's is going to struggle to run as many cars as they do with such a limited budget.

Honda said they would announce the 2014 car this month, any news so far? Testing is due to take place at the end of this month so it must be near completion.

Honda said they would announce the 2014 car this month, any news so far? Testing is due to take place at the end of this month so it must be near completion.

Whatever they think of they don't need to be to fussy. They could throw in a CR-V and it would beat Triple Eight. Mind you a skip could beat MG. The MG6 has been an unmitigated heap of useless crap since Day One. Whilst it has excelled in Free Practice and Qualifying (rarely did rival teams ever get close to the pace of the MG6) it rarely for me showed the same table topping form during the racing. There was just too many bad results in my opinion over the whole of this season which ended up costing Plato the title for the MG6 to be a considered a potential title winner in 2014. They (Triple Eight) perhaps need to change to the new MG3 which is closer to the size of the Civics and perhaps would therefore behave like the Civics did and as a result have similar success.

It is a sign of how strong it was so quickly that the Civic is being ditched by Yuasa already. They have barely had it five minutes and already they made it such a perfect racer that theirs little if anything they feel they need to do to it.

MG3 is too small I think, that's more R3 class rallying (possible racing expansion ;)). The MG isn't that bad, but it hasn't exactly excelled itself... I'm really curious as to this new car, I just can't see what it would be:confused:

Whatever they think of they don't need to be to fussy. They could throw in a CR-V and it would beat Triple Eight. Mind you a skip could beat MG. The MG6 has been an unmitigated heap of useless crap since Day One.
That's because gpr can't build a car to save themselves.

Clio Cup racer Simon Belcher has the new Speedworks drive.. now is this a 3rd car (Ex-Morgan Avensis)? Or is he replacing Newsham or Jackson.

1455086_608101122584726_1282563971_n.jpg

Uh, Furi, I think you're mixing up the name on the doors with the name on the rear window. :P

DK
Uh, Furi, I think you're mixing up the name on the doors with the name on the rear window. :P
Fixed :lol:

Also Turkington tested for Team HARD other week... surely he's not leaving WSR?

Clio Cup racer Simon Belcher has the new Speedworks drive.. now is this a 3rd car (Ex-Morgan Avensis)? Or is he replacing Newsham or Jackson.

1455086_608101122584726_1282563971_n.jpg
Speedwork's shouldn't have 3 toyotas unless they built another? oly's car was morgan's car the year before.

also got my delivery from motorbase today
10930414266_5bbeac32b1_c.jpg

I think one of the 3 toyotas is the black development one from 3 years ago.

NO new news on the Renaults or the Rotek Audis

Back