gt5-7.jpg

gt5-8.jpg

gt5-9.jpg

gt5-10.jpg

gt5-11.jpg

gt5-12.jpg

gt5-14.jpg

http://www.kotaku.com.br/gran-turismo-5-e-motion-conceito/

How legitimate is this exactly? I can not read Portuguese. And judging by my phone, they look fake. But that's a phone, and I have been wrong before.

Kotaku in another language.. as if Kotaku wasn't a weak source to begin with.

Why would Kotaku Brazil cover this and when I try to find literally any other information about this "E-Motion prototype" I come a blank..?

Kotaku just isn't seen as a reputable source, it's like wikipedia in that respect.

I don't understand, what is precisely why you posted here?

You just posted some images and linked the "source"..

Is your question whether anyone here knows anything about it? I can't answer for everyone obviously but it's the first I've heard of the car, leave alone it's presence in Gran Turismo.

I can read portuguesse (not so good though), so there you go

The image above may seem like a game screenshot, but the E-motion concept car is not available in Gran Turismo 5 yet. It's not even a real car, actually.
The E-motion is one of the best projects done by fans I've ever seen. Four French designers gathered to draw this marvel, which was (virtually) created from scratch. Team members are Frédéric Le Sciellour (manager), Jérémy Sachot (industrial designer), Ishak Belhout (industrial designer) and Julien Ancery (digital designer). The idea of them was to design a car that "change its mass distribution during the race ...it was on a curve, a straight or a slowdown."
In other words, it would be transforming in real time, depending on how (and how fast) you were driving.

And it seems that (I don't understand this part) fast. It was powered by a battery and weigh very little, enough to go flying down the tracks. According to the designers, the performance should be something with the agility of a kart and speed of an F1.
This, of course, if the car actually existed.
The idea of putting in Gran Turismo cars that exist only in the virtual plane is not new, and perhaps the X-1 is the most famous example, so I'm rooting for Polyphony to help these guys.

this should be moved to the GT5 forums, ASAP! also this is worthy of being featured in the News Section of GTP! 👍👍

Indeed. It just looks like a concept that they are imagining being put in GT, though there doesn't seem to be any evidence that it actually will be.

I'll admit, the screenshots above fooled me at first, but from the pictures on their website it's obvious they're not real.

1. This does not belong here.
2. The screenshots looks fake.

:rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly. Especially the PS Store one with the rather crude 'Gran Turismo concept car' title.

("....vehicles performance and MAYBE win it"? :lol:)

Ugh, I feel like an idiot. I can't believe I thought it was real. First of all, the name. They would not name it "Gran turismo concept car". Turismo, concept, and car would be capitalized. Secondly, Sony's grammar is much better than that. (On the PS Store picture)
Third, GT's message would end like "maybe even win it!" not "maybe even win it !"
Basically, grammar alone should be enough to tell it's fake.
Also, look at the driver's hands. They're grey-ish white and look 2D and cartoon-like.

This honestly couldn't be more fake. 👎

The first thing I noticed, was that the second image's from the old French PlayStation Store, while the description is in (not well written) English. I'm almost 100% sure, this is fake.

So basically, it's just really high grade fan art.

Actually, I believe it is more an "engineering exercise". If you have been involved in engineering as long as I have though you know all too well the difference in theory and reality!

Latest Posts

Back