E3 2011: The Parallel Paths of Forza Motorsport 4

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 392 comments
I don't know, players have been waiting for StarCraft II for twelve years and Diablo III for a decade as well and yet, Blizzard doesn't get criticized for it. I think the main thing here is what you ge for the wait.
Waiting four to five years for a game that basically stomps anycompetition easily is fine, but when you get something that's not exactly well done, that's when gamers get a bit ticked off.

Or let me put it this way: Why would anyone be okay with one developer taking twice the time of another, when the second developer offers a product that's just as polished and 'finisshed'?

Guten Tag. Okay, I'll keep the etiquette. You are absolutely right. GT4 was so complete and perfect, that many enjoyed it till this day. I hope they get it right with GT6 and till then Forza 4 will rule the streets. When i spend 60 €/$ on a japanese game that was for 5 years in development, i want it to be perfect and plished in every area. Not 40% new stuff and tech and 60% recycled tracks, cars and events. GT5s career was less motivating than the one in Forza 3 and this does mean something.

On the other hand we shouldnt be so hard with it. Its still a great game and has some state of the art tech for now. But everytime you put it in your ps3, it gives you this bad feeling about all the potential that have been blown out of the window.

I remin myself of the E3 2009 where Forza 3 have been shown to PD employees. They took notes and got a long presentation. I thought, "yes, now they start to add some aspects from forza, like customization, intuitive menus and stuff". Well you guess, I got simply dissapointed. I bet they inspected the gained material of FM 3 and thre it in the trash, because it didnt fit in their vision.

Speaking of etiquette, I see Scaff hasn't been here since May 11th. Wonder where he went off to.

Ohh I've been here, don't just take the last day I posted as the last time I was here, the two are most certainly not the same.

I have to say that I am not impressed at all by the massive off-topic nature this thread has taken, and that manner in which advocates of both titles seem to want to derail a perfectly valid thread.

As such I intend to create a dedicated FM Vs GT discussion thread and should anyone want to discuss (within the AUP) the merits of either title them can do.

However anyone then taking that discussion beyond that thread will find the staff rather unforgiving.

Scaff

Ohh I've been here, don't just take the last day I posted as the last time I was here, the two are most certainly not the same.

I have to say that I am not impressed at all by the massive off-topic nature this thread has taken, and that manner in which advocates of both titles seem to want to derail a perfectly valid thread.

As such I intend to create a dedicated FM Vs GT discussion thread and should anyone want to discuss (within the AUP) the merits of either title them can do.

However anyone then taking that discussion beyond that thread will find the staff rather unforgiving.

Scaff

BTW, I got your May 11 date from your details for visitor message postings, not forum postings. My bad.

Latest Posts

Back