E3 2020 Cancelled Due to the Coronavirus Outbreak [UPDATED]

You have to wonder, given the events that where leading up to E3 (without the Coronavirus outbreak), if this is the end for E3.
Will the big publishers who are left supporting E3, look at their balance sheets with them missing huge payments for E3 booths and the associated paraphernalia and see that actually, they don't need to spend the money and it doesn't actually give their bottom line a boost.

Not sure if this is good or bad for E3's future. We might never see it again or, hopefully, ESA takes this gap year to reflect on why so many important partners were leaving. They really need to make up their minds.

I kinda want E3 to be successful, like not so long ago. On the other hand, major companies like Sony and MS are realising they can reach out to their audience on their own terms, whenever they like.

I predict Gamescom will also be canceled.

E3 being canceled is a giant bummer. It probably increases the likelihood of; or accelerates the permanent death of E3. And that´s honestly a bit depressing. It´s cliche, but it´s true - E3 was XMAS for gamers.

Gamescom most likely next.

E3 being canceled is a giant bummer. It probably increases the likelihood of; or accelerates the permanent death of E3. And that´s honestly a bit depressing. It´s cliche, but it´s true - E3 was XMAS for gamers.

Gamescom most likely next.

Yep a big shame that it’s no longer the massive event that it was in the past. In years past for me E3 was one of the big one off events that was a must watch. It was in the same bracket as the Indy 500, Isle of Man TT fortnight, Le Mans 24 hours, Champions League knockout stage etc for me.

Back