EA Teases the Next Need for Speed Game

I saw Theo's take on the footage yesterday. It's certainly too early to draw conclusions but I do have a feeling Criterion are shaping up to develop something with an Asphalt-like aesthetic with the (very early stage) effects flowing off the car. Perhaps that's where they are making use of next-gen performance...

Theo's take on the footage is one of the few videos I've seen that doesn't immediately jump to the conclusion of "OMG it looks like a mobile game" and actually leads with saying that it is super early and the game won't look like this.

It is clearly super early footage with a lot of work left to be done and all of these YouTubers who are saying they are concerned and worried aren't adding anything but fuel to the fire. It's ridiculous how they report on things like this and mislead so many people.

Most of the visual effects are stuff that's been done in NFS games before, just not as extreme. Odds are they'll play around with the effects and make all sorts of adjustments, and there's no guarantee that any of this will even make it to the final product.

Hot Pursuit 2010 Remastered has been listed on Amazon UK for £35, supposedly will release on November 13th (Roughly the 10th Anniversary of the original game)
Amazon UK Listing.png

I'm expecting to hear something official by the time Gamescom is over. Interestingly, this leak suggests the price will be the same as Burnout Paradise was at release.

Hot Pursuit 2010 Remastered has been listed on Amazon UK for £35, supposedly will release on November 13th (Roughly the 10th Anniversary of the original game)
View attachment 949539

I'm expecting to hear something official by the time Gamescom is over. Interestingly, this leak suggests the price will be the same as Burnout Paradise was at release.

Not immediately but will certainly grab it as I did with Burnout Paradise. The 2010 HP brought me into gaming, it’s the bare minimum I can do.

View attachment 949539

There hasn’t been such an instant preorder game for me since FH4, I’m so freaking excited for this :D

Playing the best NFS game of the last decade on my One X and later on the Series X might just be the best thing to come out of this god awful year :D

I'm happy for you guys, but remaster games just don't work for me. After Burnout Paradise disappointment I will never buy another remastered games. And I love HP2010.

I'm happy for you guys, but remaster games just don't work for me. After Burnout Paradise disappointment I will never buy another remastered games. And I love HP2010.

Some remastered games are just not the best as originals but others do a good job if not better than the original.
Depends on the game.

I'm actually a bit excited to see a return of that and by then PS5 should be coming a week later or so and just makes everything more better.

Let me join the HP 2010 remaster hype:

Of course, not everyone enjoy the B2D mechanic, but there are some things that everyone can agree together:

1 - The game is beautiful. Even to this day, HP2010 is stunning. The cars, the locations, the weather...
2 - The engines sounds. It's perfect. Ok, it might now be "realistic", but you can't deny it's orgasmic. It's so good.
3 - The whole presentation. The cutscenes that gives you new equipment or new cars, the police cars design based on their real life country but fitted with Seacrest emblem, the radio, the ost (could use a little Rom di Prisco too, just saying)...

HP 2010 is one of the greatest racing games and one of the best NFS titles.

Unfortunately, i'm too damn poor, so good fun to those who can/will buy the game :lol:

1 - The game is beautiful. Even to this day, HP2010 is stunning. The cars, the locations, the weather...

This is a blessing and a curse, in my view.

While it is great there is a re-release of such a well-received game, the game still holds up incredibly well to this day in terms of visuals so I don't foresee much benefit from giving this game a remaster. If this is going to go down the same path of Burnout Paradise by only having a resolution and graphical fidelity bump with a £35 price tag, I can't see myself being too thrilled.

With that said, I would like to be proven wrong. I hope there are some surprises in store!

I agree it's a bit pointless to remaster games from the PS3 era onwards. The minimal graphical improvements really isn't worth the full price if you still have your old console & game. They should be focusing on backwards compatibility instead of remastering, but of course that doesn't bring in more money so the choice is clear for EA...

If they added more cars, expanded the world, added cockpit view and VR for example that would be a different story.

It seems motion capture sessions for the next game developed by Criterion have begun, and from this post, we can learn it will involve motorcyclists and... Dance emotes. :boggled:

Wow more useless trash that we did not ask for.

Nfs fans be like we want cockpit view and customiasable interiors

Ea is like dance emotes it is.

Axel has posted a video of the mocap session, you get a glimpse of an avatar dancing in front of a car:

Last edited:
Should I worry? Cause I didn't saw Shamone! :nervous:

Seriously... Did they really start showing the work on the next game with dancing avatars? Maybe is another game? Maybe the rendered car is just a coincidence? Maybe I should just accept it. Of all the things that Horizon and the Crew could teach them about how you make a great game. In the end it really doesn't bother me that much.
Way more curious about bikes. In Paradise they nailed it. But could it work in a NFS game with cop chasing? Not sure. Bike drifting? Could be fun.

the first post the actor mentioned about working with EA a little while ago and "some may remember me being at EA". So I did scroll through the picture and the only picture I saw about EA was from 26th of August 2018:

I highly doubt that any hired mocap actor could just post up unreleased game stuff, EA likely have a contract that need them to be kept quiet until after the game release. I think those dance move and bike mocap might be for Heat. The end screen after each race for Heat seems to be planned to have those emote running but all we get is the player character doing selfie with the car. Also the NFS community did find bikes in Heat files too.

But since those emote dance moves has been recorded, I think it is still likely to come for the next game. Not too sure on bikes.

There could be two theories at play; the first is that is was meant to be for the upcoming game, which is more likely since the mocap sessions were only done less than 6 months before Heat launched. Beyond that, I noticed #london is one of the hashtags used in both posts, indicating that Axel may have been to the EA Studio in Guildford, which is less than 30 miles away from Central London. If this mocap was originally for Heat, it would have likely taken place in EA Gothenburg where Ghost was based.

The alternative view is that since this info is no longer under NDA, the initial idea may have been to have the new emotes and potentially bikes added as post-launch content in Heat , since there are also #needforspeedheat hashtags in the posts. As @T0MMY3688 pointed out, the avatar/car rendering looks just like the screen after each race and the hidden bike files show the addition of motorcycles was a very real possibility. Even if this was intended for Heat, it will probably be carried over to the next game instead.

Just give me revamped most wanted and im a happy man... :)
Remastered racing games doesn't sell well and I doubt they would be willing to spend money on licenses and all the work for a game that could not sell well. Many of us see NFS 2015 as a revamped version of Underground. It wasn't a success and fans still demand a "true" Underground. Alternatively would you be happy with MW in 4K? I wouldn't. But than I'm not the biggest fan of MW.

A lot of 510's in that picture, I suppose we can expect an announcement on Monday?

Back