Early Access First Impressions & Feedback

• Thread starter th3o
  • 230 comments
Going up the Sacramentsheuvel is a very nice feeling. When going fast enough, you'll feel the G-forces in your abdomen/belly/stomach/tummy and head. Not everybody will feel this but I certainly do.

In the options there's a selection for 'Visible Cars' which goes up to 60 from what I recall. is that what you're looking for? Would suggest that the Endurance Cup races can be recreated successfully with a full grid, even if not all are visible to the driver at any one time.

I was just wondering if Kunos said anything about the largest possible grid in the finished game. 21 cars on track is not much... even in Pcars 2 on console 31 cars is possible.

Another question to all of you... is it possible to change the name of the AI drivers, like you could do in ACs custom championship? Can you choose which teams/cars/drivers are on track and which not before starting a race? Or is it random?

I was just wondering if Kunos said anything about the largest possible grid in the finished game. 21 cars on track is not much... even in Pcars 2 on console 31 cars is possible.

Another question to all of you... is it possible to change the name of the AI drivers, like you could do in ACs custom championship? Can you choose which teams/cars/drivers are on track and which not before starting a race? Or is it random?

Drivers on track will depend. I've done some quick races and sprint races - the drivers were all 2018 Blancpain Sprint Series drivers. If you did an endurance race then I'd expect the field to be full of Endurance Series drivers.

So, my first ever gaming PC (woo!) is arriving today. Is it worth picking up the early access build of this game for now or should I go with the Ultimate version of vanilla AC?

So, my first ever gaming PC (woo!) is arriving today. Is it worth picking up the early access build of this game for now or should I go with the Ultimate version of vanilla AC?
The price for ACC right now is 44.95 €, so pretty close to full price I believe. I would just wait until full release.

AC Ultimate is 70% off on Steam!! I would pick that one, hands down. Install it, Content Manager, SOL, and go nuts with track mods. Check the AC mods thread.

What's your PC specs by the way? Do you play with a wheel or controller?

Oh, and welcome to the dark side. :lol:

The price for ACC right now is 44.95 €, so pretty close to full price I believe. I would just wait until full release.

AC Ultimate is 70% off on Steam!! I would pick that one, hands down. Install it, Content Manager, SOL, and go nuts with track mods. Check the AC mods thread.

What's your PC specs by the way? Do you play with a wheel or controller?

Oh, and welcome to the dark side. :lol:
Thanks for the advice! I'll most likely go for AC Ultimate then.

For a starter build I've went for a Ryzen 2600 AMD RX 580 build. I'll upgrade later down the line but felt this was appropriate for what I want to use at this moment in time.

Alternate between wheel and pad. Only have a T150 at the moment but I think I'll be upgrading that at some point soon too. :D

Thanks for the advice! I'll most likely go for AC Ultimate then.

For a starter build I've went for a Ryzen 2600 AMD RX 580 build. I'll upgrade later down the line but felt this was appropriate for what I want to use at this moment in time.

Alternate between wheel and pad. Only have a T150 at the moment but I think I'll be upgrading that at some point soon too. :D
Good selection of components, very good value. :)

Should get you nice performance in AC:

Pick up ACC. Its a great driving experience already, no need to wait. The developers deserve some support, too. But yeah, pick up the “old“ AC and Content Manager, too. If you are into DTM, go get the URD T5 mod. Its beyond awesome.

worth picking up the early access build of this game for now or should I go with the Ultimate version of vanilla AC?
I read that as more of a "game A or game B" type post.
So, a fully finished game with lots and lots of awesome cars and fantastic mods at a heavily reduced price
or
an early access title that still has lots of missing content and features, at full price
That sort of choice. :)

If you dig GT3 racing and are absolutely sure that you will enjoy the driving experience alone (which I agree is great) then go for it!
But why not just spend the waiting time (which is only about 7 weeks anyway) playing AC in all its glory instead, wait for full release, look at reviews and impressions, and then pay full price for ACC?

But sure, if you have the money and don't want to choose then go nuts. I probably would. :P

I read that as more of a "game A or game B" type post.
So, a fully finished game with lots and lots of awesome cars and fantastic mods at a heavily reduced price
or
an early access title that still has lots of missing content and features, at full price
That sort of choice. :)

Same here. And I agree with your advice, if right now you can only get one than the AC because it's on sale and will get you far more bang for your buck, it can keep you busy for years to come. ACC will probably turn out fine but if you're going to be stuck with one game for awhile I would prefer the one with oodles of content and loads of mods over the one that only has one series and a limited number of tracks (half of which most of us are probably kinda bored with anyway).

Welcome to the club @Brend! Here's the cookie you were promised (I may have taken a sample taste for myself...)

20119.jpg

Release 0.6 delayed by a week.

---

Assetto Corsa
14 minuten ·
Dear Early Access users of Assetto Corsa Competizione,

As you might know if you follow our activities on the official support forum, after releasing the first set of multiplayer features we decided to re-write some of the gameplay logic elements related to session handling, race timing and penalties, which manage both single and multiplayer game modes. The decision came in order to make improvements to the overall game structure, and ensure that multiplayer features are as efficient as possible to suit our goals, since they are a highly important component of Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Refactoring is never an easy task, but the good news is that the surgery has been successful. The code is recovering well, but we need a bit of time to properly test all aspects of the title to make sure all functionalities and updates that will arrive in the 0.6 release work as we – and you – expect them to.

Therefore, we now plan to release v 0.6 next week.

The new build will include the Monza circuit and both model years of the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 cars, 2015 and 2018, which – for the time being – will replace the 2018-spec Honda NSX GT3, previously expected to be released in February, and now scheduled to be included in the 1.0 version of Assetto Corsa Competizione. The reason for this change is that we simply require more time to finalise the NSX package to provide you the best possible virtual counterpart of this amazing racing car.

To most early adopters, these slight changes should not come as a big surprise, since they are part of an early access programme: nevertheless, we would like to thank you for your patience and the amazing support we have received from you, which is the key reason why we continue to work hard to deliver a simulation game that can meet your expectations. As soon as we have more info to share and a confirmed launch date, we will let you know

Sincerely,
The Kunos Simulazioni Team

I hope they fix the bug which messes up the race result screen. 50% of my race results are listed wrong. Also, would be nice if the game tells you when you got disqualified for pit speeding or other sins.

So, I totally missed the Ultimate Edition sale for the regular AC...ended up going with ACC. :D

This plays incredible. :drool:

It sure does :).

EDIT: Any favorite car yet?

Mine clearly the Ferrari, i like the sounds and how it handles. After it, the BMW.
I am most excited about the Audi, Merc and Porsche though, especially Porsche. The other cars don't do anything for me.

I'm one of the few that loves the big ass Bentley. Love the way it looks, love the way it drives. I seem to usually prefer front engine cars, I don't get on as well with mid or rear engine layouts.

Yesterday i did hot lapping with all the five cars on Zolder. 50 laps total, it was great! The Huracan and the BMW were the quickest, but i did the most consistent, smooth laps with the Ferrari.

I think i like the 488 the most so far. Looks rad, sounds great and drives very nicely. I have to say i also have a thing or two for the Bentley and the M6.

It sure does :).

EDIT: Any favorite car yet?
It’s the Jag for me surprisingly. I love the way it handles at high speeds and the small amount of drift you can feel in the backend when braking harshly.

Playing ACC makes me realise how lacking GT Sport is by comparison. Sport just feels so floaty whereas ACC seems to give a bit more weight to the car which makes it easier to read. Driving in the wet is brutal though. :lol:

Do we have an ETA on when the full game will be ready? Assume its still quite a bit away.

Do we have an ETA on when the full game will be ready? Assume its still quite a bit away.

Its set for March. However, it remains to be seen if this will happen. Im kinda affraid it will take a couple of months more, but nobody knows how far Kunos is behind the scenes. They never promised giving us everything in EA, so the game might be more finished than we think.

It runs not very well here. In fact it runs like ####.
GTX 970, i7 6700k, 32gb ram, ssd plates, It cant hold 60fps even on minimal gfx settings, driving alone at daytime, some corners start to stutter and massive framedrops in pitstop scene. Is it just not optimised or is it the unreal engine? It looks like a ps3 game and runs like on a potato. Assetto corsa looks 5times better, sharper and lot smoother and runs full 26 slot grip in mp without any framedrop at rock solid 60fps.
The menue and all looks like it is designed for console and you can navigate the whole game with wheel.

Someone else have problems running this game?

edit: info say they messed up something that causes poor performance in the 0,6 release.

Last edited:
It runs not very well here. In fact it runs like ####.
GTX 970, i7 6700k, 32gb ram, ssd plates, It cant hold 60fps even on minimal gfx settings, driving alone at daytime, some corners start to stutter and massive framedrops in pitstop scene. Is it just not optimised or is it the unreal engine? It looks like a ps3 game and runs like on a potato. Assetto corsa looks 5times better, sharper and lot smoother and runs full 26 slot grip in mp without any framedrop at rock solid 60fps.
The menue and all looks like it is designed for console and you can navigate the whole game with wheel.

Someone else have problems running this game?

edit: info say they messed up something that causes poor performance in the 0,6 release.

Yes, they did. I had to scale down gfx a bit. Deactivating mirrors might do the trick. This is the best looking racing game with everything dialed up, but im affraid we need very, very powerful hardware to experience it this way. Not sure if this will change with the final release, it seems UE4 can be very demanding in a sim like this.

I think the only "messing up" they did was to introduce new graphics features and forgetting to set new default values that corresponds with the old defaults.

I see people with lesser CPUs/GPUs reporting performance improvements on the official forums, so it looks like the overall performance is better now. It's just a matter of dialling in the settings.

I will try that config edit today, wasnt able to change the mirror detail ingame. I know the gtx970 is almost outdated but it does its job in all games i play:) Im only on 1080p/60hz i prefer framerate over bling bling, always turned off things like blur deptoffield aa all that crap what make a game looks unsharp and unreal:) I need a clear view, like in real. If i look out of the window i can see kilometers without things become blurry or unsharp:)
But when i read your rtx2070, which is 200% power of my 970, had to turn down things to get it running smooth, then i think its more optimisation needed then upgrading hardware :) Lets see how v1.0 will perform.

edit: turned off mirror vs turned on mirror(low) funny thing, mirror isnt turn off and dosnt change quality but significant less/more gpu usage 27% vs 73%
mirror0.JPG
mirror1.JPG

Last edited:
I will try that config edit today, wasnt able to change the mirror detail ingame. I know the gtx970 is almost outdated but it does its job in all games i play:) Im only on 1080p/60hz i prefer framerate over bling bling

But when i read your rtx2070, which is 200% power of my 970, had to turn down things to get it running smooth, then i think its more optimisation needed then upgrading hardware :) Lets see how v1.0 will perform.

Well, i was aiming for full 4K, which was fine while hot lapping before the update was released. Now im sticking with 1440p. As you said, framerate is king.

Back