Earning XP

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgb1970
  • 12 comments
  • 1,354 views
Messages
16
Messages
Sabrewulfe
If you enter an overpowered car in a race do you earn less XP than a car that is more in line with the other AI cars,my feeling is you still earn the same amount,What are your thoughts guys n girls?
 
I heard you earn less xp with an overpowered car but I haven't really payd attention. Maybe you should check it out yourself ?
 
I haven't look for this specifically, but a win is a win and so long as your car meets any restrictions, it should pay the same amount.

Jerome
 
I've done races with different cars and the XP has always stayed the same.
 
I heard you earn less xp with an overpowered car but I haven't really payd attention. Maybe you should check it out yourself ?

If you read my post properly you would know my thoughts on this!!
 
The Xp seems to be awarded simply for finishing a race. As far as I can tell it does not matter what car you drive or even what position you finish. Seems like the XP is the same so long as you complete the race.
 
10 lap Indy race in final expert series pays different EXP depending on whether I use my 787B steath or minolta. Minolta is quicker and it gets me less EXP. But it is only a slight difference.
 
10 lap Indy race in final expert series pays different EXP depending on whether I use my 787B steath or minolta. Minolta is quicker and it gets me less EXP. But it is only a slight difference.

I believe this is not entirely related to the car, but to the amount of time spent racing. longer races give more Xp than shorter ones. so perhaps the faster car made the race shorter ...
 
So I guess we don't need a Q & A section if the response to every question is the same as the Nikez' response to this one - "figure it out for yourself"
 
Maybe the more you race one event, the less xp you will get each time?
 
Maybe the more you race one event, the less xp you will get each time?

not that I have seen. I raced the Turbo Challenge on the High Speed Ring a bunch of times to earn some quick money (36,000Cr in 3 minutes) but noticed I was getting 1600-ish Xp each time. At that rate it was going to take me for ever to get the 68,000 or whatever to make Lvl 21. I went into one of the 5 race Championships (I forget which one now) and was getting almost 4500 Xp each race but they were taking closer to 9 minutes each. To me, it seems longer races give more Xp than shorter ones. And if Xp stands for "experience" this logic would make sense.

Edit: Having said that, the Xp per minute (excluding load times - so per minute on track) is about the same in my examples so maybe time does not matter ...
 
If you enter an overpowered car in a race do you earn less XP than a car that is more in line with the other AI cars,my feeling is you still earn the same amount,What are your thoughts guys n girls?

Never bothered to test this theory myself, but it seems justified, as I know back in GT4 you were awarded less A-Spec points for completing a race with a car that was faster than the AI's.
 
Back