Economy Car Fun :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter 95GTIVR6
  • 46 comments
  • 2,317 views
it does lack torque but thats part of the fun. its a nice looking car and handles well for being fwd...
 
but isnt it really hard to make drifts with a FF car
 
appie17
but isnt it really hard to make drifts with a FF car

Its not too bad if you make extreme, hard turns when cornering. Some of the ones I have done in FF cars have been the computers fault. One time at Midfield reverse right after the long straight over the start/finish, coming down the hill, an SRT-4's nose was hitting my rear, when i corrected, the rear end slid out perfectly for the turn right before the tunnel.

But like I said, its not too hard to drift in a FWD vehicle. Check the drifting forum and im sure there are topics on "Ass dragging" of "FWD drift"
 
its not very hard to drift a fwd car really. the tail actually likes to come around. IMO the game has far to much understeer on fwd cars.
 
I took a totally stock Mazda Autozam AZ-1 out on motorland. it had no driving aids and was using sport soft tires with a manuel transmission and it made 63 horsepower and only weighed in at 720 kilograms! The best time i could acheive after a 20 lap session was 0'53.583! This car was absoluty amazing, only two words sum up my drive- "GOD DA**" That car is so much fun to drive even in totally stock condition! I had watched a Best Motoring segment that featured the Garage Limit tuned AZ-1 that made 100 horsepower and orido (one of the host and JGTC driver) said he had to barly turn the steering wheel to make a hairpin when in some other cars you may go around in one rotation he only went to the 3 o clock position, INSANE! I noticed how realistic Gran Turismo 4 is because i didn't even have to go to the 3 o clock position to navigate a hairpin, and if i turned the steering wheel to a little over the 3 o clock position i would get massive amounts of oversteer and the car would instantly begin to spin, and the same thing happened on the best motoring video! This game is the king of driving games and always will be!!!! 👍 👍 👍
 
I have a mazda carol,and it is fun to drive.:)
Just look at my pictures up higher.
 
heh no one likes 130 hp AE86 trueno? it's a very fun car to drive
 
How about a 250+HP Trueno beating JGTC cars?
NOW that is fun!!
 
extreme car
heh no one likes 130 hp AE86 trueno? it's a very fun car to drive

Damn straight! :dopey: I just love taking my 148hp panda Trueno and pwning ass with it!

If you want other fun 80's Toyotas, try the Celica 2800 XX and AW11 MR2s :sly:
 
I got a AW11 MR2 too, and it is FUN!!
 
The aw11 is a decent car as well. I take back what I said in the post before about the 2800gt celica. Its actually a very neat car. It sounds nice with a sports exhaust and handles well with some suspension tuning. It still doesnt have enough top end but I like it now. I think It'd be a great 'ring car...

also, the 83 nissan 300zx is a good similar car.

The AE86 is also a decent car. Underpowered but lightweight which is what I like.

Its really a shame older Hondas arent in the game. The 1g integra, the 4g civic hatch/sedan, the 2g integra, the late 80s accord, the early 90s accord, the mid 90s accord, the late 80s prelude, the 3g/4g civic wagon...

I could think up so many cool things to do with them...
 
For being sideways with barely 20bhp, a Fiat 500 is just a hoot to drive!!

Check out my breakdown of all things underpowered in the Nordschleife 30BHP thread - link in my sig!!
 
The ED3, there is a late 80's Accord in the game. :)

Other good cars to try out is the 62' Skyline coupe and S54A Skyline, they have good potential as track cars IMO.
 
I just try the Mazda Beat Z,and it was fun to drive.
And i got a 7:56:??? on the Ring.
 
Not only is the beat z not a mazda (its a honda) but getting under 9 minutes at the ring in a Kei car is hard. I couldnt get under 9 minutes in the 1.6l 89 miata stock on R2 tires.

How did you modify it to get such a fast time???
 
My favourite little mini car of all time is the cappichino '95, love gettin' that thing sideways every chance i get, its just so easy to pull off long drifts!
 
Ops,i was driving Mazda's that day to,so i gess i got it mix up.
I did all the mods four it with R5 tires.
 
Back