Eddys G27,T500 Miata drift tune(Update 4) New Video + 1st in Comp

• Thread starter eddyac
  • 71 comments
Germany
NRW - Aachen
MCR-Eddy
Some people asked me for my Miata setup so here it is :)

This setup is tuned in online mode for the G27 wheel. Works with T500 wheel too.

Gemasolar
von GTP eddy auf Flickr

Car: Mazda MX-5 Miata VR-Limited (NA,J)'95
Horsepower: 327 HP
Weight: 965 kg
Performance Points: 489 PP
Tires: Comfort: Hard
Downforce: 0/5

Suspension (Heigh-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)
Ride Height
Front: 95mm Rear: 75mm
Spring Rate
Front: 6.20kg Rear: 2.76kg
Dampers (Compression)
Front: lvl 6 Rear: lvl 4
Dampers (Extension)
Front: lvl 3 Rear: lvl 3
Anti-Roll Bars
Front: lvl 3 Rear: lvl 3
Camber Angle (-)
Front: 3.0° Rear: 1.0°
Toe Angle
Front: -0.2Rear: 0.00°

Drivetrain: Close 5 Speed Transmission
Differentail Gear: Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential (5/60/60)
Clutch & Flywheel: Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Propeller Shaft: Carbon Propeller Shaft

Power Limiter: 100%
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Computer: Sports
Exhaust: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Isometric
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Intake Tuning: Yes
Turbo Kit: No
Supercharger: Yes
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): No

Body
Weight Reduction: No
Bonnet: Yes
Windows: Yes

Eddyac:
VDC:

Pre-season: Top 8

Street Legal Comp:
Pre-season: First Place

Video:

Last edited:
The rear is to stiff for highspeed tracks going to retune it tomorow...

Updated it now need to find a good Diff setting now...

Last edited:
if any modern sports car lends itself to a more retro look, its the Miata.

Nice tune eddy, it works better than the one I tried to make. I have your suspension applied to a 200hp miata for my noob practice purposes and it works well.

if any modern sports car lends itself to a more retro look, its the Miata.

Nice tune eddy, it works better than the one I tried to make. I have your suspension applied to a 200hp miata for my noob practice purposes and it works well.

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback :cheers:

Updated the Diff, springs and weight of the Miata now 👍

Got into the Top8 in VDC Pre Season 👍

Last edited:
The setup is pretty good. However i tuned the LSD a bit to my personal preference. Now running 7-35-60. It's fine, can throw it around. Good job.

People class them as girly because its mainly girls you see driving them lol.

He is not a girl.....hmmmmmmmm whait !

45386_427999683950308_587863026_n.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahaha i had an orange miata once with 600hp on gt5, it was fun as hell. :(:(:(:(

Did you set your traction control to 0? I find it really difficult to grip when I set it to 0, and I usually stick to 1.

Nice tune, very smooth it breaks loose very casually which is good for me, Infinite times better than any drift setup I've made myself so far. I'm surprised at how soft your springs are, but I can't argue with the results. I don't know if it's your spring settings or LSD settings but something is helping keep the car very stable mid-drift, going to have to try softer setups on some other cars myself.

I'm still trying to learn GT6 physics myself mostly having trouble with looping out mid corner trying to adjust angle and building up too much inertia before a transition resulting in a violent snap, but I feel this tune will make it easier to learn due to it's relaxed feel.

Will be having a lot of fun with this on SSR5. 👍

Nice tune, very smooth it breaks loose very casually which is good for me, Infinite times better than any drift setup I've made myself so far. I'm surprised at how soft your springs are, but I can't argue with the results. I don't know if it's your spring settings or LSD settings but something is helping keep the car very stable mid-drift, going to have to try softer setups on some other cars myself.

I'm still trying to learn GT6 physics myself mostly having trouble with looping out mid corner trying to adjust angle and building up too much inertia before a transition resulting in a violent snap, but I feel this tune will make it easier to learn due to it's relaxed feel.

I think a large part of what you are feeling in eddy's tune is the springs. I'm finding some cars just love the soft springs in GT6.

I was tuning a GT500 yesterday, and was fighting the snappiness the whole time. Almost in desperation, I lowered my spring rates to 5.8 and 5.1, and voila, the snappiness was gone. Still have more testing to do, but I'm going to be trying super soft springs on a few other cars to see what I get.

Btw eddy, do you know which premium mx5 has the woodgrain wheel?

The setup is pretty good. However i tuned the LSD a bit to my personal preference. Now running 7-35-60. It's fine, can throw it around. Good job.

Yeah still messing with the LSD, going to try your setup soon maybe I like it better 👍

He is not a girl.....hmmmmmmmm whait !

45386_427999683950308_587863026_n.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahaha i had an orange miata once with 600hp on gt5, it was fun as hell. :(:(:(:(

Please don't spam this thread with Miata jokes or anything :/ Thank you.

Did you set your traction control to 0? I find it really difficult to grip when I set it to 0, and I usually stick to 1.

It grips pretty good I can keep up with Supras, S-Chassis and more. Yeah I got it on 0 :)
It doesn't have much grip when you accelerate but mid drift it has more then enough grip for me :).

Sounds like you having fun with it thanks for the feedback and I prefer soft springs 👍
I had Stiff springs in the first update here and it felt awesome on low speed Tracks but I tried it on a more speed based track and the short wheelbase with stiff springs was awful it was unstable and not very relaxing at all.

I think a large part of what you are feeling in eddy's tune is the springs. I'm finding some cars just love the soft springs in GT6.

I was tuning a GT500 yesterday, and was fighting the snappiness the whole time. Almost in desperation, I lowered my spring rates to 5.8 and 5.1, and voila, the snappiness was gone. Still have more testing to do, but I'm going to be trying super soft springs on a few other cars to see what I get.

Btw eddy, do you know which premium mx5 has the woodgrain wheel?

The J-Limited ('91) has the wooden wheel :D BTW thanks again for clearing up the LSD stuff 👍

That's almost exactly how things were going with my GT500 tuning. It worked pretty good on low speed sections, but felt really snappy at medium to high speeds. After I softened the springs, things got much better.

Wow... This is an awesome tune! Surprising fast and balanced in many of the tracks i tested this tune: Streets of Willow, Ascari, Silverstone, Suzuka East etc. Btw, i like your Miata and your wheel selection on the car ;)

Back