Eddys G27,T500 Miata drift tune(Update 4) New Video + 1st in Comp

• Thread starter eddyac
  • 71 comments
This tune wont make you a pro in couple of mins if you can't drift or know how the Miata reacts it takes abit of time. But it helps you improve and start to push yourself 👍 This is the only car I can go back after few days not playing GT6 and still drift without proplems or spinning.
The only proplem is my entry speed is alot higher then any car I tandemed with because I don't use the E-Brake that much. You need to be very aggressive with the car it does transitions very fast and goes easy in the drift with a flick before a turn. Thanks for the feedback it helps me alot good or bad it does not matter to me :cheers:

For everybody...
The Miata feels very different then a S chassie or any other cars you guys usually drift .
Don't exspect to power slide every turn... it won't. It needs a much different style even using the clutch. Best way is don't use the e-brake it kills your momentum. A example is the first turn on Apricot Hill. Get as much speed as possible , flick at the end of the pit wall and go pedal to the metal. If you would have done it with a E-brake it does not make the turn. You can do it with a Chaser but not with a low hp Miata.

Wow... This is an awesome tune! Surprising fast and balanced in many of the tracks i tested this tune: Streets of Willow, Ascari, Silverstone, Suzuka East etc. Btw, i like your Miata and your wheel selection on the car ;)

Those are the tracks I tested it on :D! Thanks for the feedback there's going to be a little update soon 👍. I tried to make the car unique and let it look like a missile with sucess :P. Getting so many messages when I join rooms because the white bumper :lol:

Sorry for the mistakes I'm german :cheers:

Last edited:
Yo, so any tips on which driving style to adopt with his car/setup? I played too much assetto and LFS so my driving in gt is like I never played (even grip on sports hard with the CTR is giving me headaches).

Would you mind listing your G27 settings? Like how much force feedback etc. :) Looking forward to trying this guide out :) cheers.

Eddy you genius I love it :) vdc will be mine mwahahaa

Sorry for the double post

Awesome nice to hear that :D I guess 2 Miatas are in VDC now :P

Would you mind listing your G27 settings? Like how much force feedback etc. :) Looking forward to trying this guide out :) cheers.

Yea no proplem :D
Simulation, Power Steering Off, and Feedback at 10.
Have fun with it :cheers:

i tried it last night.
it felt very stable and easy to maintain drifting.
But i took off the supercharger ,because it had too much power for me .
Anyway ,it's a great tune . (i also tried stock MX5 with stage 3 NA upgrade , it's really hard to handle.. )

I think I'll like this tune a lot, since I'm finally starting to drift FR cars. I've been stupid and I have only drifted cars with engines toward the rear (RUF BTR, Fiat 500, Peugeot 908 which is unbelievably twitchy) and that has not helped me at all. I really want to start to get into tandem drifting with other FR cars, so I hope this will be a great starter car.

Just a question: Are there other Miatas with... less questionable looks? Not hating on it, but the hidden bumper paint and the cloth top are definitely not for me. I want a car that can have the same results as this car, just with other hidden stripes.

i tried it last night.
it felt very stable and easy to maintain drifting.
But i took off the supercharger ,because it had too much power for me .
Anyway ,it's a great tune . (i also tried stock MX5 with stage 3 NA upgrade , it's really hard to handle.. )

Thank you! You could try the premium Miatas they have less power (1.6) and you still have the supercharger if it helps 👍 Thanks for the feedback :cheers:

I think I'll like this tune a lot, since I'm finally starting to drift FR cars. I've been stupid and I have only drifted cars with engines toward the rear (RUF BTR, Fiat 500, Peugeot 908 which is unbelievably twitchy) and that has not helped me at all. I really want to start to get into tandem drifting with other FR cars, so I hope this will be a great starter car.

Just a question: Are there other Miatas with... less questionable looks? Not hating on it, but the hidden bumper paint and the cloth top are definitely not for me. I want a car that can have the same results as this car, just with other hidden stripes.

Every other Miata should work the same I think but there are 2 versions the 1.6 and the 1.8 with more power ,other then that you can copy and paste it on any car you want 👍. Enjoy the tune :cheers:

Every other Miata should work the same I think but there are 2 versions the 1.6 and the 1.8 with more power ,other then that you can copy and paste it on any car you want 👍. Enjoy the tune :cheers:

Ok. Thank you very much. 👍

Some people asked me for my Miata setup so here it is :)

This setup is tuned in online mode for the G27 wheel.

Gemasolar
von GTP eddy auf Flickr

Car: Mazda MX-5 Miata VR-Limited (NA,J)'95
Horsepower: 327 HP
Weight: 965 kg
Performance Points: 489 PP
Tires: Comfort: Hard
Downforce: 0/5

Suspension (Heigh-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)
Ride Height
Front: 75mm Rear: 76mm
Spring Rate
Front: 6.20kg Rear: 2.76kg
Dampers (Compression)
Front: lvl 6 Rear: lvl 4
Dampers (Extension)
Front: lvl 3 Rear: lvl 3
Anti-Roll Bars
Front: lvl 3 Rear: lvl 3
Camber Angle (-)
Front: 3.0° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle
Front: 0.10° Rear: 0.00°

Drivetrain: Close 5 Speed Transmission
Differentail Gear: Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential (5/18/42)
Clutch & Flywheel: Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Propeller Shaft: Carbon Propeller Shaft

Power Limiter: 100%
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Computer: Sports
Exhaust: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Isometric
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Intake Tuning: Yes
Turbo Kit: No
Supercharger: Yes
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): Yes at 50%

Body
Weight Reduction: No
Bonnet: Yes
Windows: Yes

Eddyac:
VDC

Pre-season: Top 8
Round 1:

Many thanks , mine are pretty similar except the ride heigh which is higher at the front for me !!!

Iv started joining your love if miatas at the moment I'm in the gen 1touring car 280 bhp and I love it, not allowed in comps but I feel it's a good every day drifter

Just tried this tune and every time I tap the accelerator I spin out. Do you have any tricks to control the wheel? Pedals? Shifting?! Is your wheel set to 900 degrees? I don't get how u could be so smooth in the video... Any advice to give?

Last edited:
thanks a lot I love it!! great tune for a wheel apprentice like me :)

No proplem :cheers:

Just tried this tune and every time I tap the accelerator I spin out. Do you have any tricks to control the wheel? Pedals? Shifting?! Is your wheel set to 900 degrees? I don't get how u could be so smooth in the video... Any advice to give?

Yea I got it on 900 degrees.
Try less power 200-250hp this should teach you the basics of the Miata and if your getting better use more hp :).
If less power does not work try different LSD setups.

Sai
Man, i love this car !

Awesome video!

A little notice whats going on with the Tune.
I had Update 4 (For VDC) almost done but I lost intrest in GT6 :P.
But don't worry I'm going to bring it someday.... hopefully :D.

The Miata is back! Feels better then ever before :dopey:.

Tested it in Matsuri events. You can use it on any track now and in Drift trial mode and Time trial mode without problems.
Try it and give me some Feedback :cheers:
Your Miata was lookin good in the Matsuri room on the weekend 👍

So much fun thrashing those cars at full throttle, no 🤬 given :D

Just trying it out in the Lobby room atm. I wouldn't say you have to be too agressive with it. It's really easy to get into - Everything was nice and smooth from the first lap and onwards. I drove it just like i drive my own cars.. I guess we have similar styles then. Didn't even need to flick it in much.

To some of the earlier posters: G25 at 900'', H shifter and all that shiznitz. This tune won't make you a drift god, you have to learn to drift yourself - No tune is going to do that for you.

Your Miata was lookin good in the Matsuri room on the weekend 👍

So much fun thrashing those cars at full throttle, no 🤬 given :D

That was just awesome! Always fun drifting with you Twitcher :cheers:.

Just trying it out in the Lobby room atm. I wouldn't say you have to be too agressive with it. It's really easy to get into - Everything was nice and smooth from the first lap and onwards. I drove it just like i drive my own cars.. I guess we have similar styles then. Didn't even need to flick it in much.

To some of the earlier posters: G25 at 900'', H shifter and all that shiznitz. This tune won't make you a drift god, you have to learn to drift yourself - No tune is going to do that for you.

Thank you Remps for the Feedback 👍.

Got some good news and some bad news.
Bad news first. My PS3 broke. I fixed it but lost everything that was on it :/.

Good news I won the Street legal Pre season event with this tune in the Rain :dopey:.
I plan on running the Full season and take the Championship. Yes I know I'm mad :lol:

+ a new Vid thanks @Isho for the Vid.

Back