editing the PS4 hudPS4 

• Thread starter diesel97
  • 14 comments
United States
vermont
diesel4x497
I know I must be doing something stupid but for the life of me I can't keep the virtual mirror on my HUD. I guess you need your DS4 to change your HUD and I have but nothing saves. The only HUD that saved was in practice mode( don't remember the name (free practice) and I had to turn off the DS4 before I saved it. I know it can't be this hard but it is Pcars2

I managed to move the speedo but nothing else works. I want to move the delta times from the sky so I can read it but it won't save when I move it to the bottom of the screen. Another simple unplaytested bug methinks.

Whatever those monkey testers at Sony are paid in bananas, it's too much.

I wish the boxes around the HUD elements weren't so needlessly big. I can't actually put the HUD details exactly where I want them on the screen because of these big boxes. I have corners of my screen completely wasted as it stands. Want to stick the current lap/standings HUD down there, for example, but it won't go far enough.

Also, on a side note, and not that I even use them, but I'd like to see the proximity indicators a little further into the screen, as they're so far down my wheel hides them from me :rolleyes::P

I wish the boxes around the HUD elements weren't so needlessly big. I can't actually put the HUD details exactly where I want them on the screen because of these big boxes. I have corners of my screen completely wasted as it stands. Want to stick the current lap/standings HUD down there, for example, but it won't go far enough.

Also, on a side note, and not that I even use them, but I'd like to see the proximity indicators a little further into the screen, as they're so far down my wheel hides them from me :rolleyes::P
All I would like is a virtual mirror in any race. For the life of me, I can not set it to the HUD

I always use the cockpit camera and I can't get the virtual mirror to stay either. Before I drive I have to go into the HUD options and toggle the virtual mirror off then back on. It must be a bug since I always choose to save the changes I make.

i managed to get the hud sorted after about 20 mins, Still couldnt get the rear view mirror on though.

Either its not user friendly or were all dumb as ****

I used the HUD Editor to move the split aka previous lap delta times out of the sky to the bottom of the screen.

When I return to the HUD Editor, I can see my edit was successful

However, when I go back to racing, that element is back up in the sky and still mostly unreadable

I'll try the "light HUD" trick later
I found the mirror stays if you set it as light hud.

I have the PS4 with T300 wheel. Use controller to select Light HUD in order to save mirror. If it won't save, no matter how many times you hit X, I've found turning off the controller and hitting X on the wheel should work.

I fond out what I needed to do. There is a box you have to check or uncheck(can't remember) in another option tab, once again cant remember it was late. I will check tomorrow and update.

I have the PS4 with T300 wheel. Use controller to select Light HUD in order to save mirror. If it won't save, no matter how many times you hit X, I've found turning off the controller and hitting X on the wheel should work.
Yeah, you need to turn the controller off before the game allows you to press X on the wheel to save. It's a strange one but has always worked for me.

You need to use the D-pad and X on the DS4 to save, it should return to the options menu with the save icon bottom right.
If you find the mirror disappears, it’s usually in a new session, or after flicking through HUD; I’ve been going back into HUD edit, not touching anything but pressing X and re-saving. Once you go back to leave pitlane it should return.

My HUD managed to disappear completely this morning. It wouldn't work in any views. I also noticed the bonnet cam had disappeared from the options. I had to quit out and restart to get it back.

Latest Posts

Back