Eight of the Best New Production Cars at the 2017 LA Auto Show

2017: "Time will tell though if Americans buy into the Made in China label."
1987: "Time will tell though if Americans buy into the Made in Korea label."
1957: "Time will tell though if Americans buy into the Made in Japan label."

Maybe the Saleen 1 will be a success, maybe not, but if history repeats itself, "Made in China" is not going to be a problem with buyers.

2017: "Time will tell though if Americans buy into the Made in China label."
1987: "Time will tell though if Americans buy into the Made in Korea label."
1957: "Time will tell though if Americans buy into the Made in Japan label."

Maybe the Saleen 1 will be a success, maybe not, but if history repeats itself, "Made in China" is not going to be a problem with buyers.

For a run of the mill family sedan or SUV, I'd say you're right that Made in China won't matter. However, with a sports car from a brand that built itself on being American as possible, I'm not sure it'll work.

For a run of the mill family sedan or SUV, I'd say you're right that Made in China won't matter. However, with a sports car from a brand that built itself on being American as possible, I'm not sure it'll work.
Fair enough.

The BMW i8 convertible is beautiful, and the new corporate grill on the Lincoln Nautilus looks much better than the old baleen whale nose on the old MKX or whatever it used to be called, but honestly, nothing on this list really fires me up. These are good cars, some are even great cars, but nothing screams "I am the one that you want!"

Does anyone know if Toyota has anything behind their sleeves? (Perhaps the new supra).

Love the BMW design tho!

Does anyone know if Toyota has anything behind their sleeves? (Perhaps the new supra).

Not at LA, which is surprising since many people thought the Supra would drop there. There's still Detroit, but I'm guessing it won't end up there either since that's not exactly the best place for the brand to debut cars.

I agree. LA was basically the best venue to debut a Supra. Not sure what they are doing, as the Supra is clearly almost ready to go.

The Nissan Kicks desperately needs to be pumped up. No all wheel drive? Odd given what you'd expect it to be competing against. And I get that most subcompact SUVs aren't that fast but I think it deserves a bit more power. At least the Juke got a turbo. And a few got GT-R engines but that's another story.

Love the BMW design tho!
Toyota picked the LA show to drop the 3rd row RX-L and special edition LC500 for Lexus. That’s about the extent of their big releases there, afaik.

Lincoln , Jeep , Mazda and BMW are the only brands which came up with at least decent looking cars.

The CLSs face is more of a Mustang parody imo

The Saleen looks decent , but i think that its style is not the one that fits the company.

The Nissan is boring

And the Huyndai...just no.

Rumor has it that they intend to have them start around $100k.
Not bad I guess for a mid-engined sports car considering it's power output. Guess it depends on its weight as well.

Too bad it's not going to be for sale in North America... guess I just gotta keep waiting for that mythical mid-engined Corvette.

In the purely aesthetic sense, I think the Kicks is an improvement over the Juke. Although you can't say the Juke wasn't unique, either.

I agree. LA was basically the best venue to debut a Supra. Not sure what they are doing, as the Supra is clearly almost ready to go.

Bavarian poopra, yes LA would have been ideal.

But tyoyta hates their own fans, so maybe by 2022 they will debut it somewhere.

Back