Eleanor-Gone in 60 Seconds collector 68 Mustang. All cars sold.

Everyone will get a chance to have a car since I am doing 60 of 60. However the demand for these seems to be much higher than I expected according to the other sites I posted on too. I will also try to keep at least 5 of these in the auction at all times. For the price they are going to sell extremely fast. The opening bid will start at 100,000 and the buyout will be 500,000. The last 10 cars #50-#60 will have a start out bid of 500,000 and a buyout of 1 million. I will publicy announce to everyone when I am about to place these into the auction.
PROGRESS UPDATE: I worked on Angelina Jolies face last night for about an hour and got about 25% finished with her.

Everyone will get a chance to have a car since I am doing 60 of 60. However the demand for these seems to be much higher than I expected according to the other sites I posted on too. I will also try to keep at least 5 of these in the auction at all times. For the price they are going to sell extremely fast. The opening bid will start at 100,000 and the buyout will be 500,000. The last 10 cars #50-#60 will have a start out bid of 500,000 and a buyout of 1 million. I will publicy announce to everyone when I am about to place these into the auction.
PROGRESS UPDATE: I worked on Angelina Jolies face last night for about an hour and got about 25% finished with her.

you should put no buy-out;)

Well as mentioned in this thread and other threads, certain people want certain numbers so by placing a buyout it gives them the fair opportunity to get a specific number. 👍 Its going to be interresting but I still have a lot of work to do on this car. At least another week or more considering I only get a couple hours a night.

Is there going to be a buy out, If so how much? Also do you take trades?

;) look up ;)

I dont understand this. If there are people out there that can do awesome Livery on their cars, why would anyone pay 1,000,000 cr. for something that you made. I guess my point is, what makes you so special? Or what makes this car any harder to do than any other one? I mean, it really isnt much more than racing stripes.

I dont understand this. If there are people out there that can do awesome Livery on their cars, why would anyone pay 1,000,000 cr. for something that you made. I guess my point is, what makes you so special? Or what makes this car any harder to do than any other one? I mean, it really isnt much more than racing stripes.

For what CAMARO is doing, he has every right to ask for a buyout of $1 million on the last 5-10. The liverys like this take giant amounts of time, and deserve some high dollars in return.

Drawing people? Not much more work than resizing the rectangle vinyl to make a stripe?

Okaaay...

lol, you didn't read the 1st post;)

he's not making a replica of the gt500 from gone in 60 sec's, hes making a tribute to it.

Go read the 1st post.

Perfect examply of why you dont reply to a thread without at least reading the first post. :sly: BTW I have already been offered over 5 million just to reserve a spot for this car by many people on other sites. Thats without them even seeing any progress pics. And like the others in this thread pointed out, I only have the last 10 cars listed at 1 million buyout. The others are at 500,000 buyout and thats a steal for the work I will have into this car. Thanks for the support from the other members. 👍
PROGRESS UPDATE: Angelina Jolie is about 50% finished. 3 hours total 113 vinyls. The face is pretty close so I started on the hair last night. I will probably start on the Nicholas Cage face design within the next few days.

Ok you are right, I didnt read the first post all the way through. I apologize about that Camaro. I do have a question though about the Paint shop in general. How exactly do you get pictures of people on your cars?

Ok you are right, I didnt read the first post all the way through. I apologize about that Camaro. I do have a question though about the Paint shop in general. How exactly do you get pictures of people on your cars?
Apology accepted. To get pictures of people or anything else in Forza 2 I use the paint program. It allows 4,100 vinyls per car. There are a lot of vinyl shapes to choose from and you just shape, twist, and color them until they look like the image you want to make. I will probably have between 30-50 hours into this Eleanor car before its finished. You can click the link in my signature to see some of the other basic cars I have designed.
I will also update the first post with the official cost details.

Thats what I thought, you actually have to construct the face with different shapes and such. That sounds ridiculously difficult. Again, sorry for not reading the first post.

Looking good. Blockier than I was expecting, but that can't be avoided at all with how we have to do this. I've found that making anything round/curved is extremely difficult.

Angelina has a cobra tattoo on her head now? :lol:

Thanks. Angelina is going to look a lot better when I am finished. Currently I am only around 75% finished with her design. I will also probably change her location on the side of the car. The mustang has very aggressive body lines so its hard to find a good place to put her design. I also havent decided if I just want her face or if I want down to the arms too. Depends on what I can fit on the side of the car.

Progress update 6/15/07
I worked on Nicholas Cage for about an hour and a half last night and I am about 15% finished with his design. His eyes are turning out real well and only at 15% his design is turning out much better than Angelina. Working on him last night helped me realized everything I need to do with her design.
I also put 1/60 on the rear of the car with my initials so that part is about 98% finished.
I will update the first post with all the progress %. :)

Definetly gonna buy, if you do change you're mind on reserving I'd be interested in 27 or 28 for at least 1 million, just name the price.

Dayum.

Edit: Ugh, I hate Imageshack now. Way too slow.

And what is the name of that lipstick that Mr. Cage is wearing? :lol:

Yeah imageshack has been EXTREMLY slow the last couple days. And that lipstick is there because as I posted above...
"2. Nicolas Cage design-----15%" I have barely worked on his design at all. I always start with the darkest colors for the backround then use lighter vinyls to create the shading. Thats how Angelina started out too. :sly:

T/Y

Progress Update 6/22/07 ***Auction starts Sunday 6/24/07***

Last night I finished the real life Eleanor car design on the top of the roof 100%. I am very happy with how it turned out so I updated the first post with progress % but not any new pics. The pic in the first post is still only at 50%.

Now I just need to finish Angelina Jolie and Nicolas Cage. Angelina is still only around 90% and Nicolas is only 15% finished so I have a long way to go with him. After that I just need to add the stripes to the top, front, and back then the entire car is finished.

I will be back in a couple hours to put more cars into the auction. #6-#10 already sold before I could even reply in here. :dunce: All updated images are in the first post.

Back