Emerson Fittipaldi to Make His Racing Return in His Own Gran Turismo Car

So if it runs in the 24 it would go in GTLM class? It certainly couldn't go in GTD and it's not an LMP2 chassis originally.

So if it runs in the 24 it would go in GTLM class? It certainly couldn't go in GTD and it's not an LMP2 chassis originally.
It wouldn't fit GTLM either but IMSA are really flexible with allowing wildcards cars like that, the DeltaWing was a good example.

Very cool, very interesting. ...But how? Doesn't fit into any category. Will this be like a Garage 56 for IMSA?

Well, at least no one will dislike this car for not being real :lol:
Pretty cool to see Fittipaldi back. But, as said above, which category will this car be raced in? I don't think it will be allowed in any category as it is.

They should take it to the Nurb 24 instead and stick it in the SP-X class to give the SCG003 some company.

It wasn't actually designed for Gran Turismo, you know.

Fixed that for you. 👍

I understand what you mean - this is the automotive section, and it's not all about PD here 👍.

That being said, it is a VGT car, and it'll always have that history behind it (including the racing/family history that will follow it). If produced, this car will represent a lot of different things to a lot of people.

BTW, how long has this car been in planning? Was it already a thought prior to PD reaching out with their VGT program?

BTW, how long has this car been in planning? Was it already a thought prior to PD reaching out with their VGT program?
Well, given it's been made from scratch, probably without the budget of a 'real' manufacturer, and it not being unique to GT makes me think it may have been in development for a few years, since before it was entered in the VGT program, something Fittipaldi may have done for publicity.

Well, given it's been made from scratch, probably without the budget of a 'real' manufacturer, and it not being unique to GT makes me think it may have been in development for a few years, since before it was entered in the VGT program, something Fittipaldi may have done for publicity.

Has it shown up anywhere prior to it's VGT announcements without the VGT badge attached to it?

Has it shown up anywhere prior to it's VGT announcements without the VGT badge attached to it?
Well, when the first teasers were released some people didn't really think it was a VGT, and, if I remember correctly, it wasn't until it was fully announced, and the trailer released, that the connection to GT was confirmed.

Also, unlike the other VGTs where it was constantly said that they were cars designed for, and only for GT, in most of the articles talking about this car 'Vision Gran Turismo' is only said when they're saying the car's full name. Even here, in GTP, it doesn't feel as connected to GT as the other VGTs are.

But it's always been shown with a GT badge, and, as I mentioned, it has 'Vision Gran Turismo' in its name. So the answer to your question is no.

Sure, it certainly is an astonishing achievement getting credit for a car you didn't design, build, or finance.

Not in that regard, but more so the achievement lies with them making the decision to start the VGT program (after failing to launch the Citroen GT), taking the resources to meet with the heads of these organizations, and constantly communicating with the heads during design, then taking the time to model the vehicles and putting them in the game. And the fact that one of the makers is getting behind their design (not PD's design) and race in the real world of Motorsports would just give the program even more momentum - this all resulted from a video game developer creating this program. Is that not an astonishing achievement?

That thang, the EF7, sho is pretty. It reminds me of the Grotti Turismo R that I drove yesterday.

The fact that I heard of a 'Fittipaldi VGT' first on GT6 does't count?

I'll be 'homologated' for some racing series. It won't be for GTE though. Too bad

Back