Enducrance races, saving possible?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Menown
  • 73 comments
  • 7,776 views
Messages
980
Canada
London, Ontario
Messages
Freakyweakywoo
Topic says it all. I have a job and a family, when am I ever going to have 24 hours in one stretch to play GT5? So can we now save during the endurance races, or am I going to have to ignore them again?
 
Mmh, i raced Grand Valley and Tsukuba 4 Hours.
But there was no Saving Option. :(
 
This would be a good solution, the majority of people do not have time to do a 24hr Nurburing endurance race in one good.
 
This would be a good solution, the majority of people do not have time to do a 24hr Nurburing endurance race in one good.

you just pause and leave the ps3 on, it wont hurt it
 
you just pause and leave the ps3 on, it wont hurt it

YLOD mean anything to you, not to mention the bills. You are either rich or live in your parents place.

Leaving a PS3 on for weeks is a bad idea.
 
YLOD mean anything to you, not to mention the bills. You are either rich or live in your parents place.

Leaving a PS3 on for weeks is a bad idea.

The PS3 will be fine, it won't cause a YLOD, and it's about 20 cents a day to run even one of the old fat PS3 24/7. A new slim would be more like 10 cents a day, hardly big money.

It would suck for me though, since I use my PS3 to watch Netflix. I have to end the game to do that, obviously.
 
I'll just leave my ps3 on but i start on friday night and finish no later then the follow friday. I've left my slim on for weeks before with no issues.
 
YLOD mean anything to you, not to mention the bills. You are either rich or live in your parents place.

Leaving a PS3 on for weeks is a bad idea.

it wont overheat sitting on a pause screen doing barely any load. And a ps3 running for weeks probably uses less power than your fridge does when you open the door for longer than a minute. You must be pretty quick with your fridge door eh?
 
the point is why do we have to go trough this much hassel of leaving the system on for so damn long when it can be fixed with a simple save feature?

Kaz says he is always so busy then he of all people should understand that not all of us play on a daily basis... I dont want to leave the ps3 on for weeks at a time cuz i cant get to it every day.
 
I want to see Kaz sit and play a race for 24 hours on his ps3....... dont think he would have the time. So why does he expect us to as well.

6 years and the simplest ideas were left out. :-/
 
I'm sure we were told it would be there at least for the longer races at some stage. Has anyone actually started a 24hr race and can confirm either way if the save feature exists?

Wouldn't bother me if it wasn't there for the 4 hour races but until someone is able to say for sure they have done any of the 24 hour races I don't think we can make assumptions
 
I know this will sound crazy, but by having a saving system the point of having a 24H race will sort of vanish. It'll just be a race chopped into a ridiulous amount of pieces (like two hours every now and then). I'm fairly certain the reward for doing the race won't lie in a prize car, but in actually doing it, maybe over a weekend. It's hardcore yes, but it's really not much different to other games.

:)
 
I havent gotten to 24h races yet, but is it possible to switch to a bspec driver during pits like in gt4?? Wouldn't that be more realistic and solve our problems
 
I know this will sound crazy, but by having a saving system the point of having a 24H race will sort of vanish. It'll just be a race chopped into a ridiulous amount of pieces (like two hours every now and then). I'm fairly certain the reward for doing the race won't lie in a prize car, but in actually doing it, maybe over a weekend. It's hardcore yes, but it's really not much different to other games.

:)

Not allowing us to save dosent change this.....

The only difference is that my PS3 will be on on the pause screen, instead saving the game mid race and coming back later.
 
I havent gotten to 24h races yet, but is it possible to switch to a bspec driver during pits like in gt4?? Wouldn't that be more realistic and solve our problems

I think you use your B.Spec drivers now to form a race team, where them and you share duties in endurance races. That's why you have to level them up so by the time you/them reach that level you'd trust them enough to drive alongside you on your team.
 
I know this will sound crazy, but by having a saving system the point of having a 24H race will sort of vanish. It'll just be a race chopped into a ridiulous amount of pieces (like two hours every now and then)..


Thats how a 24 hour race is done in RL, 2/3 drivers taking shifts.

There is no difference in saving mid way and leaving it on pause, its the exact same thing. its a feature that should be available on the longer endurance races
 
It`s actually kind of dangerous for your eyes to play 24 hours, this may actually be a reason to run a legal action against PD.
 
I don't have the time for this either, but I do understand why a save feature is not there. Its like others have said, its not an endurance race if you play for an hour every day or so, even if it would take a month. But I do believe you should be able to swap with your B-spec drivers every three to four hours. But I don't think that option will be there, is it? I haven't reached that far yet to find out.
 
It would be simple enough if the save option activated when you pitted. That's when the driver swap is, and as people have pointed out in real 24 hour races it's a team of drivers doing it. If you're going to do it by yourself, you need breaks. It's not even questionable, no one can drive at race pace for 24 hours straight.

Of course, this would require PD to have actually thought about this beforehand instead of just banging a 24 hour race into the game.
 
To be honest I'd rather sit and do a 24 hour race in one sitting than let B-Spec-Bob anywhere near it
 
haha, I imagne watching B-specbob drive 24h on daytona.. I would have a heart attack!

Pause the ps 3, no problemo. It is supposed to be hard!
 
I know this will sound crazy, but by having a saving system the point of having a 24H race will sort of vanish. It'll just be a race chopped into a ridiulous amount of pieces (like two hours every now and then). I'm fairly certain the reward for doing the race won't lie in a prize car, but in actually doing it, maybe over a weekend. It's hardcore yes, but it's really not much different to other games.

If you could not race anything else in between I will be fine with saving endurace races though :)
 
Maybe 6 Hour increments? I'm taking it no one has unlocked an endurance race to actually see it it has some sort of saving/pause option?
 
While you're all saying we can leave the PS3 on for a week, I'm sure I'm not the only person who shares a PS3 (in my case with 2 flat mates).
Basically, I've got no chance of doing the longer event so a save feature would be great. Once every 4 hours would be a good limit?
 
Maybe 6 Hour increments? I'm taking it no one has unlocked an endurance race to actually see it it has some sort of saving/pause option?

fairly sure Kaz said there is no save feature

yeh maybe if at 4 or 6 hour installments you could pit and save it would be good
 
Does any1 know 4 sure if u can use your b spec driver and whether u can use more than 1 and create a 3 or 4 driver line up?????
 
I can see it now....

driving for 23 1/2 hrs and your power goes off. LOL I don't know if I'd cry or laugh.
 
i think generally in proper endurance events they do 4hr shifts or so. u should be able to save every 4 hours =/
 
Just think, your on your last and finnal hour of a 24 hour endurance race and you can see the finnish line and your PS3 freezes.......

WTF?!? Thats why you need a save featrue!

The ps3 is very well known for freezing at times.
 
Last edited:
Going to drive my nuts off tonight to try and get the Endurance races unlocked. No hockey on Saturday so I might tackle one on Friday night.

EDIT: Actually its a shame you can pause the race and potentially have a friend continue it for you online. Yes online. Shifts would be brilliant and would really tie in the time scale differences. Race begins on GMT time, after 8 hours it shifts to whatever USA time, then back again to be completed by the beginner. I know my friend isnt the best driver in the world, but if I was to work hard enough for the first few hours he could defiantly nurse the ride until I was back in contention.
 
Back