Enducrance races, saving possible?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Menown
  • 73 comments
  • 7,776 views
I had hopes to be able to play endurance races but I guess it's not possible to me. Usually I'm only able to play for 30 minutes without something showing up to do, 1 hour if I'm lucky. Leaving the ps3 on is not an option.
Saving during pitstops could be doable, but I guess that I would have to pit every 3 or 5 laps :)
 
It`s actually kind of dangerous for your eyes to play 24 hours, this may actually be a reason to run a legal action against PD.

The inside cover of the instructions manual says to take 15 minute breaks every hour ;)
 
It`s actually kind of dangerous for your eyes to play 24 hours, this may actually be a reason to run a legal action against PD.


OMG this game is to hard! I must sue them! :dunce:

The point of an endurance race is to do it in one shot. The quality of the endurance race is lost when you can pause/save it. This is allot like the never ending set list on rockband.
 
Someone hurry and get to level 35! It would be a little silly if you can't save........ I mean don't they use teams of 4 people in RL 24hours races?
 
B-spec drivers taking shifts appears to be the most logical approach here. I guess we have to wait and see.
 
The point of an endurance race is to do it in one shot. The quality of the endurance race is lost when you can pause/save it. This is allot like the never ending set list on rockband.

so youll be doing the 24h race straight through then. no sleep no toilet breaks

nobody can do the 24h race in one sitting and pausing and coming back is the exact same as saving, just different name.

if you're saying the 24h race should be done in one sitting that means probably 99% of people wont be able to do it
 
ENDURANCE != how many hours you can race consecutively.

not even in real life that you'll find a driver who races 24 hours. there SHOULD be a save system at least every 4 hours. The point of the endurance race is to test the car's durability and driver's stamina on the SHORT TERM, not whether or not he can stand there and race for 24 hours. They ought to let us save at least every 24 hours.

I've always hated those races in GT. Sigh
 
So are the endurance races special events? no B Spec option on them? although I could just see leaving it 8 hours overnight, come back and see Bob is in last place 5 laps behind everyone because he didn't have anyone telling him to pick up the pace or pit...

I doubt you can drive with your B Spec drivers either because there are only 4 options to tell them and 1 of them is not "pit" so how would you get them to do that?
 
I wish I could train 3 b-spec drivers and then race until I get sleepy, let the b-Spec take over and continue once I wake up without a single pause. We'll see once someone get's that far.
 
my 80gb ps3 ylod after playing two rounds of death match on mw2, 20 mins aproximate of the system being on.
To these people thinking about leaving the system on for a week or two to finish that race you people better have a fan or something moving cold air over the system and cooling it down or I would not even try this.
 
if you're saying the 24h race should be done in one sitting that means probably 99% of people wont be able to do it

Right, I think a huge portion of gt5 players don't take it so seriously. I think out of the people who make it to level 40, 99% will finish the 24 ring race it cause its the last thing in the game, and why would you put in the effort not to do one last race?
 
Forget my eyes getting fried, my back would be killing me from 24 hours (even with pause breaks) in my racing seat. Theres gotta be a way to save or b-spec. Unfortunately no b-spec fast forward like GT4.

Also if you are in a championship can you save and come back like in GT4 (where it wouldn't let you enter another race till you finished the championship)?
 
Right, I think a huge portion of gt5 players don't take it so seriously. I think out of the people who make it to level 40, 99% will finish the 24 ring race it cause its the last thing in the game, and why would you put in the effort not to do one last race?

I dont have 24 hours straight to sit infront of the PS3. That doesnt mean I dont take it seriously, just that I have other obligations that are more important.
 
I think here there are people that forget that the sense of an endurance race, is to test the endurance of the car, not of drivers. Well, also drivers, but no endurance racing in real life consists of a single pilot driving 24 hours in a row. There are teams of drivers and they switch every 2-3 hours...

I would be very disappointed if I wasn't allowed to save the game every minimum of hours, or at least have the B-Spec drivers do that - and still, with saving, because I'm not leaving my PS3 on for +24 hours even nuts!
 
close to "facepalm" that the game doesn't allow save during endurance race.. I know it's a driving sim and all, but this is reality. 99 out of 100 gt players have other things to take care of during a day as well.

And sure, I might get a comment like ; "hey, if u don't like it, don't do it".

But where is the fun for the semi-hardcore gamer if you can't progress at your own pace? Meaning that you will actually have to leave your console on for days straight, as you might play 2-3 hours per day, which is exhausting to do. Especially when you're doing the same lap over and over again.

In conclusion, I see no logical reason why there isn't an option to save.
 
Option to save in an endurance race is a must even though i'm not needing it personally.

Going to do the same thing i did in GT4 Nür 24h race: Get a group of friends over and drive it through as a team. :)
 
To be honest I'd rather sit and do a 24 hour race in one sitting than let B-Spec-Bob anywhere near it

HAhahahah I'm With you 100% lol Idk how i've manged to get Bob to lvl 22 without braking sumthing
 
Two times with other 4 friends we did the TWO 24h of GT4... no pauses
(200 ASpec races )

t was fun ..but alone is "highly unreal"...
In my life i have many things to do, and its impossible for me (is the same for many GT players ) to have a whole day for this race ...

The option to save during the pits is necessary ... Everyone decides HOW TO DO Gran Turismo ..

I-R
 
Endurance mid-race game saves have been discussed before on GTPlanet and a lot of people, myself included, assumed PD would have taken note and included them in GT5 so I'm completely baffled that they haven't. The option to save your progress between races in championships, that was available in GT4, has also been omitted further restricting the game to people who don't have unlimited gaming time. To make matters worse you can't pause or speed up time in B-spec and unless you use a grossly overpowered car your driver needs constant attention to have a chance of winning the race.

Kazunori had said in interviews prior to the release of GT5 that gamers have changed and don't necessarily have as much time to play so GT5 would be different than previous games to accommodate this. Understandably people thought this meant GT5 would be aimed more at casual gamers and that it would be easier to progress but the lack of endurance mid-race saves and the other points I've highlighted mean that there will be large parts of GT5 that are unusable to a lot of people who aren't able to play for extended periods and don't want to leave their PS3 running for days on end. It's not just the worry of damage to the PS3 but also the restriction of using it for other purposes that make this option unappealing.

The latest information on the Gran-Turismo.com site regarding B-spec has a section titled "Play to Match Your Lifestyle" which seems to be at odds with how the game has actually been designed. I'm not trying to infer that GT5 should be easy or quick to complete or that skilled players shouldn't be rewarded but it's unrealistic to expect anyone to have to complete very long events non-stop and it's unfair for people who simply don't have time to do it. The bottom line for me is that GT5 is a game which I have paid for and due to a couple of omissions that I'm sure would be easy to implement I won't be able to access a large part of the game. You could argue that people who don't have the time to complete long events should just not do them but it's content that has been paid for so why shouldn't they be able to use it?
 
I too am wondering if saving is possible as what's not possible for me is playing straight for 24hrs or leaving my PS3 on and paused. I do remember seeing something in the news section
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt5s-damage-endurance-races-discussed-at-room299-press-event/
I realise that it says 'partial confirmation' but that's better than nothing I suppose.
I also agree with Neal about the content we have paid for not being able to be used. What would be good if you can save would be not being able to race any OTHER race until the 24hrs is up, so it's not like you can race for a couple of hours, think I fancy a change, save, go do other races/championships/whatever then come back to it.
My tuppenance worth.
 
I too am wondering if saving is possible as what's not possible for me is playing straight for 24hrs or leaving my PS3 on and paused. I do remember seeing something in the news section
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt5s-damage-endurance-races-discussed-at-room299-press-event/
I realise that it says 'partial confirmation' but that's better than nothing I suppose.
I also agree with Neal about the content we have paid for not being able to be used. What would be good if you can save would be not being able to race any OTHER race until the 24hrs is up, so it's not like you can race for a couple of hours, think I fancy a change, save, go do other races/championships/whatever then come back to it.
My tuppenance worth.

You definitely can't save during endurance races or championships, unless a future update addresses this we're stuck with it. It's likely that the person Biltz187 spoke to at that even was making an assumption that endurance saves were possible.

That is exactly how it worked with saving championships between races in GT4, I think the only thing you could do was wash your car or proceed with the championship. This would be ideal if PD could implement it in an update although I wouldn't want it to prevent you accessing online races.
 
Isn't it interesting how there's a definite confirmation of custom tracks being able to be used online? I know it's off-topic, but relevant given the link to Blitz's thread.

Don't forget it is also possible we will get some new features in updates, more than possible those linked to saving had stability issues. Who knows, nothing to hold hope on, but I won't be doing the 24hr races without a saving option.
 
Endurance mid-race game saves have been discussed before on GTPlanet and a lot of people, myself included, assumed PD would have taken note and included them in GT5 so I'm completely baffled that they haven't. The option to save your progress between races in championships, that was available in GT4, has also been omitted further restricting the game to people who don't have unlimited gaming time. To make matters worse you can't pause or speed up time in B-spec and unless you use a grossly overpowered car your driver needs constant attention to have a chance of winning the race.

Kazunori had said in interviews prior to the release of GT5 that gamers have changed and don't necessarily have as much time to play so GT5 would be different than previous games to accommodate this. Understandably people thought this meant GT5 would be aimed more at casual gamers and that it would be easier to progress but the lack of endurance mid-race saves and the other points I've highlighted mean that there will be large parts of GT5 that are unusable to a lot of people who aren't able to play for extended periods and don't want to leave their PS3 running for days on end. It's not just the worry of damage to the PS3 but also the restriction of using it for other purposes that make this option unappealing.

The latest information on the Gran-Turismo.com site regarding B-spec has a section titled "Play to Match Your Lifestyle" which seems to be at odds with how the game has actually been designed. I'm not trying to infer that GT5 should be easy or quick to complete or that skilled players shouldn't be rewarded but it's unrealistic to expect anyone to have to complete very long events non-stop and it's unfair for people who simply don't have time to do it. The bottom line for me is that GT5 is a game which I have paid for and due to a couple of omissions that I'm sure would be easy to implement I won't be able to access a large part of the game. You could argue that people who don't have the time to complete long events should just not do them but it's content that has been paid for so why shouldn't they be able to use it?


100% agree with you mate!


as has been said already in this thread...those of you here who say the whole point of an 24hr/endurance race is to actually do it are being not only selfish but also ignorant of the fact that even real life endurance races are not raced by a single individual driver for the full duration of the race, and you also fail to acknowledge this fact.

i'm a farther of 3 boys who all love GT...you guys reckon i will get the PS3 all to my self for however much time it takes me to complete a 24hr race?

not forgetting that leaving on your PS3 for such an extended amount of time WILL cause problems if you don't have a fan due to heat (especially on the PS3 slim), and if you do have a fan, dust build up within your system, and premature ageing of the laser.

everyone plays differently according to his/her life style and commitments, and the endurance races are a major part of this game and as such SHOULD have at the very least been given a save feature, but preferably GT5 SHOULD been a team effort between a and b spec as it was in GT4.
 
Isn't it interesting how there's a definite confirmation of custom tracks being able to be used online? I know it's off-topic, but relevant given the link to Blitz's thread.

Don't forget it is also possible we will get some new features in updates, more than possible those linked to saving had stability issues. Who knows, nothing to hold hope on, but I won't be doing the 24hr races without a saving option.

Heck I probably won't even do championships with a competitive car. If I have to put in THAT much time I will go in with a car that can splatter everyone and then go back and do the individual races for a challenge. I don't have a day to spend on a 10 race championship just to lose it.
 
If you're going for the 24h race just get a few friends over at the weekend, it'll be a lot of fun I bet : D
 
If you're going for the 24h race just get a few friends over at the weekend, it'll be a lot of fun I bet : D

maybe for you but i have a wife and if i wanted to get shot of her my boot would give me more satisfaction than inviting mates round to play GT....




i'm starting to get VERY frustrated with people who think like this just to play a feature in a game that SHOULD have been made more user friendly! :grumpy:👎
 
If you're going for the 24h race just get a few friends over at the weekend, it'll be a lot of fun I bet : D

That's an excellent idea if that's what you want to do but not everyone can put aside a full 24 hours to do it which is why the option of endurance mid-race games would be beneficial to a lot of people and wouldn't affect people who didn't want to use them.

It's all about choices, many people use a professional wheel, drive without any aids and avoid race tyres but there are other people who use a DS3 with full aids and highly tuned cars with racing soft tyres. Both groups of people are enjoying the game and neither of them are playing it wrong. I can't choose to set aside 24 hours to play game but I don't have a choice to save mid-race during pit stops to complete the races over a number of days.
 
If you're going for the 24h race just get a few friends over at the weekend, it'll be a lot of fun I bet : D

My friends have absolutely no interest in video games sadly. :ouch:

Give me a save feature and the ability to switch out a b-spec driver every once in awhile and the problem is solved.
 
Back