Endurance leveling up - what a blag!

  • Thread starter Thread starter IBOWMANI
  • 72 comments
  • 7,061 views
Messages
268
Messages
IBOWMANI
Hi all,

Just finished my second B-Spec Endurance race (roadster 4 hour) and i've just noticed that from now on I have to level up twice yes TWICE! before i can go onto the next race... honestly what were they thinking? Grinding to get up one more level is torture in itself.

Was really looking forward to getting to the N.Ring 24Hour but I dont think i'll physically be bothered to grind that much.

Rant over! :sly:
 
Last edited:
They wanted to add "longevity" to the game. But not in a creative way.
 
longevity.. well i think it course the opposite effect... your suppossed to enjoy a game and the moment you dont enjoy it... its over! I actually feel like my GT5 time is done.. apart from online play!
 
I just reached lv.37, from 37 to 38 need 4.624.470 points, meaning 2x lemans24 :crazy: :crazy:

then the rest :grumpy:

(lv39) 5.919.322 - 3x lemans24 :scared:
(lv.40) 7.576.732 - 3x lemans24 + few extra :crazy:
 
I know the feeling. I doubt I will ever do the endurance races in A-spec, since I know there is so little reward for it.
 
I just reached lv.37, from 37 to 38 need 4.624.470 points, meaning 2x lemans24 :crazy: :crazy:

then the rest :grumpy:

(lv39) 5.919.322 - 3x lemans24 :scared:
(lv.40) 7.576.732 - 3x lemans24 + few extra :crazy:

Yeah, and participation isn't enough either, you really have to win them as well!
 
I just reached lv.37, from 37 to 38 need 4.624.470 points, meaning 2x lemans24 :crazy: :crazy:

then the rest :grumpy:

(lv39) 5.919.322 - 3x lemans24 :scared:
(lv.40) 7.576.732 - 3x lemans24 + few extra :crazy:


OMG! enough said! :D thats ridiculous!... Do you win any decent cars for doing these races? That really the only reason Im doing them.
 
It's a pain in the ass. I'm currently level 37 and I've worked out from going from 35 to 40 will take 11 or 12, 24 hour races, which is bad enough on b-spec, let alone trying it on A-spec. It will be the death of my fat ps3, I'm sure!
 
Most of the prize cars can be obtained from Used Car Dealer. :indiff:
Not really worth the time, The reason I still have the motivation to level it up because I want to get to lv.40 and buy the X2010 Colors, I even grind, from 3millions to 20mills :crazy: then after that, that's it lol~ messing around with random cars..
 
It's a pain in the ass. I'm currently level 37 and I've worked out from going from 35 to 40 will take 11 or 12, 24 hour races, which is bad enough on b-spec, let alone trying it on A-spec. It will be the death of my fat ps3, I'm sure!

That just doesnt make any sense as to why PD would do such a thing like this. Do you win any decent cars for doing this much work?

I was actually worried last night leaving my PS3 Slim on for 12 hours continuously never mind someone who has the fat models.

I wasnt going to bother but after looking at these races im thinking of buying Dead Space 2 in the next week or two (whenever it comes out) to pass the time till Killzone 3's release. I was hoping that GT5's playing time would have taken me to the KZ3 release... but, guess again!
 
That just doesnt make any sense as to why PD would do such a thing like this. Do you win any decent cars for doing this much work?

I was actually worried last night leaving my PS3 Slim on for 12 hours continuously never mind someone who has the fat models.

I wasnt going to bother but after looking at these races im thinking of buying Dead Space 2 in the next week or two (whenever it comes out) to pass the time till Killzone 3's release. I was hoping that GT5's playing time would have taken me to the KZ3 release... but, guess again!

I'm Hoping that i can reach lv.40 before DeadSpace2 come out :boggled:
So want the collector edition :drool:
 
My B-spec is lvl 39+ and I made only 3 x 24h Le Man's. It's easy to made it only with Suzuka 1000 and 9h Tsukuba. First takes around 4h 30min. I made it in the day, because I haven't work atm and if I want to play I can. 9h I made every night, but if you work or go to school you can make it twice a day and you done lvl 40 faster with only 1 or 2 x 24h race.
 
I'm Hoping that i can reach lv.40 before DeadSpace2 come out :boggled:
So want the collector edition :drool:

Am i right in syaing that Dead Space 2 has a coop mode? Like survival mode or something? If so im looking forward to that.. i love coop :D
 
Am i right in syaing that Dead Space 2 has a coop mode? Like survival mode or something? If so im looking forward to that.. i love coop :D

Yes, it has Co-op mode 👍 :sly:
 
WOOOOOOOO! :D ill send you a friend request and we'll get some good coop on the go :D

Yeah, Let's hunt some Necromorphs 👍
btw, getting back to topic, even right now my Bob-spec currently grinding at 9 hours tsukuba, since I'm working at day, whenever I reach home, it's already done, approx it will take about another 2 weeks to reach lv.40 this way, I only dare to race Lemans24 during weekend
 
Yeah, Let's hunt some Necromorphs 👍
btw, getting back to topic, even right now my Bob-spec currently grinding at 9 hours tsukuba, since I'm working at day, whenever I reach home, it's already done, approx it will take about another 2 weeks to reach lv.40 this way, I only dare to race Lemans24 during weekend

Yeh.. getting back to topic :) i really didnt wanna go to work today, felt like staying off and getting some endurances complete but :( ill have to wait till tonight!

The only reason im actually doing the endurances is that im hoping you can win the R8 LMS Playstation Team Race Car in one of them... if you cant i think ill just sack it off and just buy all the cars ive wanted to get for online play.
 
I wouldn't worry about leaving your slim switched on. My original 40gb fatty has been on solid. for 4 weeks now. Up until the beginning of last week I was A speccing in the day and B speccing overnight. Once I had to go back to work I was starting a LM 24h each evening. Just 3 more to go to level 40!
 
I wouldn't worry about leaving your slim switched on. My original 40gb fatty has been on solid. for 4 weeks now. Up until the beginning of last week I was A speccing in the day and B speccing overnight. Once I had to go back to work I was starting a LM 24h each evening. Just 3 more to go to level 40!

thats good to know :) keep me posted on whether its worth getting to lvl 40 on b-spec and what you win etc. :) cheers pal
 
I've left my fat PS3 on for a week straight now. No problems thus far, and I'm backing up my saves in case of the worst.

I think I will do the 24 hour BSpec races once each (for the car)...The rest I will make up slowly, by doing the 9 hour race overnight, and during the day if I'm not home....and running B-Spec dream car tournaments while I'm watching TV at night, to pick up a small amount of experience, and an extra mil or so credits where I wouldn't have been playing the game anyway. I'm getting close to level 33. One more enduro overnight should see 9 hour race available tomorrow, and will do that tomorrow night.

I imagine I will need to do that race a lot to be able to get to level 40, only doing the 24's once each, but that's fine.
 
Yeh.. getting back to topic :) i really didnt wanna go to work today, felt like staying off and getting some endurances complete but :( ill have to wait till tonight!

The only reason im actually doing the endurances is that im hoping you can win the R8 LMS Playstation Team Race Car in one of them... if you cant i think ill just sack it off and just buy all the cars ive wanted to get for online play.

I came across this car few time in UCD, didn't buy it though
 
I came across this car few time in UCD, didn't buy it though

arhh... i dont think ive ever come across it in my UCD yet... well i might have but it didnt register with me as i probably wasnt 'looking' for it and didnt have enough money.

fingers crossed it will pop up sometime soon before i waste all my money :) i've got just over 5million at the moment.
 
The levelling system might need a bit of attention indeed. The grind is more than can be expected of the majority of players.

The first 20 levels are a breeze now though, since the seasonal events.
If you send a WRC citroen to a level one friend and he wins the event for it, he'll be level 17 and rich. Buying a Ford GT and doing that event will bring him up to 19!
It's not much fun though. I did this on my second account, but was very happy that I had followed the normal levelling path on my main account.
 
The levelling system might need a bit of attention indeed. The grind is more than can be expected of the majority of players.

The first 20 levels are a breeze now though, since the seasonal events.
If you send a WRC citroen to a level one friend and he wins the event for it, he'll be level 17 and rich. Buying a Ford GT and doing that event will bring him up to 19!
It's not much fun though. I did this on my second account, but was very happy that I had followed the normal levelling path on my main account.

yeh i've only done a few season events myself.. been concerntrating on my bspec to win cars... i got to say also, im disappointed in the cars you win for certain events. for instance the first bspec endurance race i won the same car i did for one of the first race events i did in a-spec... point?
 
I will never do these races. Its funny, people are just so addicted to XP and gettign a few cars. When a game turns into work or requires you to leave your ps3 on all night its just not worth it in my book. I have plenty other things better to do than this. I remember when games were just pick up, play and havesome fun. Now this B spec mess is just ridiculous. Dont get me wrong I like the lower level stuff for a break but all the grinding is now getting dull
 
I will never do these races. Its funny, people are just so addicted to XP and gettign a few cars. When a game turns into work or requires you to leave your ps3 on all night its just not worth it in my book. I have plenty other things better to do than this. I remember when games were just pick up, play and havesome fun. Now this B spec mess is just ridiculous. Dont get me wrong I like the lower level stuff for a break but all the grinding is now getting dull

what he said! :D
 
Thinking some more about it I think I did enough levelling by now to enjoy the full game.

After I got my B-spec to level 30, I did the Vettel challenge (bronze, much respect for those who manage to get all gold) in A-spec, getting me from level 22 to level 26 if I recall correctly. A-spec level 28 at the moment. As I am probably not going to do the long endurance races untill we have saves (same goes for the longer championships like FGT), I have pretty much unlocked everything I wanted to unlock. Now I am just enjoying the ride. :)
 
I have no problem with this. I run b spec when I go to class to gain some xp when im out. Eventually I shall complete the grind and have completed everything in b spec. That is my goal..
 
What I hate even more is that we now have to do all of the endurance races last. In previous games you could spread them out across your career, now we're pretty much forced to do them all at the end, one after another.
 
I have no problem with this. I run b spec when I go to class to gain some xp when im out. Eventually I shall complete the grind and have completed everything in b spec. That is my goal..

this is exactly why we think its pointless... games are supposed to be FUN! not something you have to set off while you do something else.

BORING!!!!!!
 
Back