Endurance leveling up - what a blag!

  • Thread starter Thread starter IBOWMANI
  • 72 comments
  • 7,061 views
I have no problem with this. I run b spec when I go to class to gain some xp when im out. Eventually I shall complete the grind and have completed everything in b spec. That is my goal..


Gain XP for what purpose? I guess if your out then your guy could be driving for you to get money for cars etc, i get that....but isnt it just plain crazy that this is what GT5 has become? grinding away to unlock things that you prob dont actually need to have fun. wait.... this sounds kinda like everyday life!
 
What I hate even more is that we now have to do all of the endurance races last. In previous games you could spread them out across your career, now we're pretty much forced to do them all at the end, one after another.

Yup, because in the past you could race in any event you wanted as long as you completed the license requirements (and had a suitable car). Now you're forced to linearly complete events, then do them over again to unlock the next 1 or 2 events. I've only done the Grand Valley endurance and probably won't do another one after Laguna. I don't see any incentive for leaving my PS3 on for 100+ hours.
 
Yup, because in the past you could race in any event you wanted as long as you completed the license requirements (and had a suitable car). Now you're forced to linearly complete events, then do them over again to unlock the next 1 or 2 events. I've only done the Grand Valley endurance and probably won't do another one after Laguna. I don't see any incentive for leaving my PS3 on for 100+ hours.

me neither mate.. no incentive what so ever! ridiculous! thank god for seasonal events and online otherwise this game would die very quickly for me!
 
Yup, because in the past you could race in any event you wanted as long as you completed the license requirements (and had a suitable car). Now you're forced to linearly complete events, then do them over again to unlock the next 1 or 2 events. I've only done the Grand Valley endurance and probably won't do another one after Laguna. I don't see any incentive for leaving my PS3 on for 100+ hours.

Exactly, and because of this you'd generally have to push a car hard to get the win because you wouldn't have that many cars at the time. Now by the time you unlock even the first race you'll have tons of cars making it hard to find one that makes it challenging, especially without restrictions.

I much preferred it like that, open the events with licenses but you would have no hope of beating a lot of them until you had better cars, but at least you had the choice of how you attacked them.
 
I just finished the 60 laps race and I realized that there is no way I am going to sit through the longer races. Until there is a patch to save the race, I won't leave my ps3 on, because there are other games I want to play too.
 
Though many of the A-spec events don't interest me, I felt that there was enough I hadn't done that I couldn't complain about the grinding I chose to do. In B-Spec, however, there is NO choice. You basically have to tie up your PS3 for huge chunks of time in order to unlock events. That's a flat-out broken system.
 
Exactly, and because of this you'd generally have to push a car hard to get the win because you wouldn't have that many cars at the time. Now by the time you unlock even the first race you'll have tons of cars making it hard to find one that makes it challenging, especially without restrictions.

I much preferred it like that, open the events with licenses but you would have no hope of beating a lot of them until you had better cars, but at least you had the choice of how you attacked them.

This is right. There was already a checks and balances set up in place. Even if you finished your S license to begin the game, it is highly unlikely you would be able to skip over the rest of the earlier events to compete in an S race, because you wouldn't have a suitable car. There was no need for PD to actually restrict you from racing in events or buying cars, based on an XP system that doesn't even evaluate skill.
 
I just reached lv.37, from 37 to 38 need 4.624.470 points, meaning 2x lemans24 :crazy: :crazy:

then the rest :grumpy:

(lv39) 5.919.322 - 3x lemans24 :scared:
(lv.40) 7.576.732 - 3x lemans24 + few extra :crazy:

Really :crazy:
im only on 33 and find it really hard to keep grinding for points .. i think by now i have done the dream car championship series at least 100 times ...:(
and about the 24 hours of la man since there is no inrace saving :tdown:i will not be doing it to risky to have my ps3 on for 24 hours:censored:
 
This is right. There was already a checks and balances set up in place. Even if you finished your S license to begin the game, it is highly unlikely you would be able to skip over the rest of the earlier events to compete in an S race, because you wouldn't have a suitable car. There was no need for PD to actually restrict you from racing in events or buying cars, based on an XP system that doesn't even evaluate skill.

The licenses weren't anywhere near as easy as GT5's either (espcially S), not everybody could just complete B - S license straight away, but those that could deserved it and got a more open game for their skill.
 
No way in hell I am going to do the A-Spec 9 or 24 hour races. The B-Specs are bad enough. I want an X1 and a Toyota GT1, so I will finish them, but that is it for me as far as the endurance races go. Two days straight "Bob" has blown a big lead in the 9 hour Tsukuba, so he is going to be busy getting dizzy circling Indy for about six races today until I get to level 35. I could line em all up and give the old three stooges slap right now. :banghead:
 
No way in hell I am going to do the A-Spec 9 or 24 hour races. The B-Specs are bad enough. I want an X1 and a Toyota GT1, so I will finish them, but that is it for me as far as the endurance races go. Two days straight "Bob" has blown a big lead in the 9 hour Tsukuba, so he is going to be busy getting dizzy circling Indy for about six races today until I get to level 35. I could line em all up and give the old three stooges slap right now. :banghead:

i was lucky enough to have a friend send me an x2010 so any endurance event that has no limits i can easily set my bob off and leave him to it with the comfort that he will come 1st.

even so... having to grind for hours on end with the x2010 is starting to get to me!
 
i wish they just released gt4 with gt5`s graphics and physics and tuning, weather and just throw in the extra events... i hate how b spec is just a spec events doubled because they couldnt think of anything more special, and the races are even longer... WHYYY :(
 
I will never do these races. Its funny, people are just so addicted to XP and gettign a few cars. When a game turns into work or requires you to leave your ps3 on all night its just not worth it in my book. I have plenty other things better to do than this. I remember when games were just pick up, play and havesome fun. Now this B spec mess is just ridiculous. Dont get me wrong I like the lower level stuff for a break but all the grinding is now getting dull
I agree once Forza 4 comes out im coppin.
 
only thing i dont like about the 24hr b spec endurance is i would like to play a-spec or online at some point. if i start it at 8pm i cant play again till 8pm the next day lol



i usually do the other shorter endurance races before i go to bet and before work
 
I agree once Forza 4 comes out im coppin.

I just pray to god (well if I was religious I would) that they don't take any of these bad ideas from GT5. They should always look at the competition and take things from it, you'd be stupid not to, but if I get Forza 4 and find anything that resembles B-Spec, unsaveable long endurance races and XP levelling like GT5 does I'll be very annoyed. If they just take the good ideas/features like the physics, night racing, weather and challenges etc I'll be very happy.
 
b-spec is actually a great idea. its great for earning exp and credits plus a nice way to break in brand new cars. not everyone can play hours on end every day

its a nice option, if you dont like it then dont play it.
 
b-spec is actually a great idea. its great for earning exp and credits plus a nice way to break in brand new cars. not everyone can play hours on end every day

its a nice option, if you dont like it then dont play it.

That's the point though, nobody plays it. They put it on then go and do something else. I don't know about you, but I buy games to play and have fun. If you are seriously telling me you sit down and have fun with B-spec you must be the only one.
 
That just doesnt make any sense as to why PD would do such a thing like this. Do you win any decent cars for doing this much work?

I was actually worried last night leaving my PS3 Slim on for 12 hours continuously never mind someone who has the fat models.

I wasnt going to bother but after looking at these races im thinking of buying Dead Space 2 in the next week or two (whenever it comes out) to pass the time till Killzone 3's release. I was hoping that GT5's playing time would have taken me to the KZ3 release... but, guess again!

I have the first fat ps3,it has been on for 3 days solid,so i could lvl up to 35 and obtain the x 2010,no problem with the ps3 being left on.I think there is a lot of scaremongering going on
 
Grinding to get up one more level is torture in itself

Yeah, playing Gran Turismo sucks! Don't worry, soon you'll get to that 24hr endurance race that your bspec driver can do so you can walk out of the room and you won't have to play that either.
 
I wasnt going to bother but after looking at these races im thinking of buying Dead Space 2 in the next week or two

Looking forward to Dead Space 2 as well! I did one of the 24 hour races, and I did NOT enjoy not being able to play my PS3 for a whole day, just so it could run a program who's outcome was never in doubt. It's like getting to the end of a game and being told that to actually finish it, you have to go back and do the last boss fight - 900 more times :rolleyes: What magnificent game design.
 
Looking forward to Dead Space 2 as well! I did one of the 24 hour races, and I did NOT enjoy not being able to play my PS3 for a whole day, just so it could run a program who's outcome was never in doubt. It's like getting to the end of a game and being told that to actually finish it, you have to go back and do the last boss fight - 900 more times :rolleyes: What magnificent game design.

haha well said!
 
My B-spec is lvl 39+ and I made only 3 x 24h Le Man's. It's easy to made it only with Suzuka 1000 and 9h Tsukuba. First takes around 4h 30min. I made it in the day, because I haven't work atm and if I want to play I can. 9h I made every night, but if you work or go to school you can make it twice a day and you done lvl 40 faster with only 1 or 2 x 24h race.

👍 That's what I've been doing too. 2 x 9 hr race = ~1.3M XP and leaves 6 hrs in the evening to do some aspec races.

But I can't see how I'll ever do the same in Aspec as it stands today. I hope PD comes up with more seasonal events to help leveling up even more.
 
I think PD should set up some B-spec seasonal events, that don't take too long to do or course to mix it up a little. Any opinions??
 
And my PS3 has been on for over a month straight this can't be good
 
The level system itself is ridiculous. They should have kept it like Gt4. Making you finish one section before you move to lets say Extreme or Endurance. Or they could have made you complete a percentage of the game instead of the leveling system. I am not sure I'm excited enough to grind to 40 just for the 24hr ring. I bet they will release a patch and drop the levels needed to advance. Especially if they release huge patches for tracks and races. I will kept my fingers crossed but I won't hold by breath.

But LBP2 drops next week so I might be putting GT5 on the back burner. Hopefully when I decided to pick it back up, there will be several updates and or DLC.
 
Racing with Leveling never blend well together :yuck:
The license test is there for the purpose like training or see how good the player is which already telling the actual player's level, if "S" license not enough, then PD should add "SuperAdvanced" and then "Super Professional" License "MasterGuruGT":dunce: etc, which represent hi level drivers. adding lv.1-40 making the licenses worthless. :grumpy:
 
Most of the prize cars can be obtained from Used Car Dealer. :indiff:
Not really worth the time, The reason I still have the motivation to level it up because I want to get to lv.40 and buy the X2010 Colors, I even grind, from 3millions to 20mills :crazy: then after that, that's it lol~ messing around with random cars..

I thought I give you a better idea on how to get all the X2010 colors you like. Get to level 35 do the Vetel challenges and save after the 2 hardest silver or gold trophies. The easiest one should be left at last. Get the silver or gold on the third and check to see if you got the color you like. Send it to your second account and reload the game before you did the last Vetel. Repeat the process as many times as you need to get all the colors. You will be able to get only a color per day-but is still better than grinding--IMO.
 
Dear P.D. other people in my family want to use the PS3.

Please add a save function to the endurance races and F1 races.

Also I think you left out half the A spec races because it seems I have to repeat each race at least twice to get to the next level.

Can you please add more.

Not so Happy GT5 player.
 
If you want to get Sony/PD's attention, make it about power consumption.

At average US energy prices using the old fat PS3, it costs about $0.50 to complete a 24-hour endurance race, assuming you're good about turning your monitor off. How much money does it cost to get to level 40?

Being "green" is trendy. It should be a PR nightmare for Sony to be encouraging tons of people to leave their power-hungry PS3s chugging away at full-tilt unattended 24-7. Both the B-spec grinding nonsense and the lack of a save game feature encourage this wasteful behavior.

So, Sony/PD, why are you releasing a game that encourages people to leave the game on and unattended, possibly for weeks at a time, consuming gobs of power in the process?
 
I thought I give you a better idea on how to get all the X2010 colors you like. Get to level 35 do the Vetel challenges and save after the 2 hardest silver or gold trophies. The easiest one should be left at last. Get the silver or gold on the third and check to see if you got the color you like. Send it to your second account and reload the game before you did the last Vetel. Repeat the process as many times as you need to get all the colors. You will be able to get only a color per day-but is still better than grinding--IMO.

The only problem is, I only use DS3 Controller, getting bronze already frustrate me enough :indiff: , don't want to go trough all that again, still looking/waiting for wheel at the moment, since it's been no stock at my area :crazy: , so rather than waiting for the wheel to come around, I just grind it until lv.40, now midway to lv.48 :irked::boggled:
 
Back