Endurance leveling up - what a blag!

  • Thread starter Thread starter IBOWMANI
  • 72 comments
  • 7,061 views
Good point. @inkieminstrel
 
Even GRID 24 Hours race only last 24minutes, If PD want to really force actual 24hours race, at least provides save or add feature that allow us to switch with Bobs, so Bobs can become useful at least.
 
I seriously think that PD added the leveling system at the last minute because whenever you complete a license, it says "Congratulations, you have completed license... you may now play in the appropriate events". I find that odd considering that events have no license restrictions.
 
The solution to all this is rather simple, really. Get enough a or b spec to get your x1 (or x2010 or whatever they'll name it next), then stop. Enjoy buying and racing/driving new cars and forget about the rather pointless lvl 40's.
 
Just hit lvl 30 on B-spec... dont know if i can be bothered to do the 1000km race 4 more times to hit lvl 32... blaaaggg!
 
Just my 2 cents ......what if you just get to lvl 40 ....someday? I mean, I won't run an endurance race more than once, but then I'm also not too worried about being lvl 40 straight away either.

I finished GT3 & 4 in chunks as well, doing other stuff in between.

I agree it's bad game design, but over the course of say a year, you can come back to do the odd few races when you feel the need for sp...err the urge to drive in a proper simulation.

I would still regularly fire up my PS2 for some racing action over the course of many years, long after the PS3 came out.
 
I hit lvl 34 and it seems like the leveling is now at a screeching halt. I'm doing mostly online racing now. You know why the seasonal events are so generous? Because they feel guilty and stupid for making these top levels SO RIDICULOUSLY far apart. They couldn't think of a creative way to keep earning points other than to do the most monotonous thing of all? REPEATING ENDURANCE RACES? I'll stick to online stuff and when I decide I want to try to move a bigger chunk of XP I'll do another endurance race. The 9hrs at that little piece of crap track SUCKED. I've enjoyed most everything in this game, EXCEPT That. Just dumb to do 500+ laps on a small crappy track. If I am going to do repeat endurance races, it would be on the Nurburgring!~ However, that won't be happening or necessay as you don't open it up until lvl 40.

Oh well.
 
I hit lvl 34 and it seems like the leveling is now at a screeching halt. I'm doing mostly online racing now. You know why the seasonal events are so generous? Because they feel guilty and stupid for making these top levels SO RIDICULOUSLY far apart. They couldn't think of a creative way to keep earning points other than to do the most monotonous thing of all? REPEATING ENDURANCE RACES? I'll stick to online stuff and when I decide I want to try to move a bigger chunk of XP I'll do another endurance race. The 9hrs at that little piece of crap track SUCKED. I've enjoyed most everything in this game, EXCEPT That. Just dumb to do 500+ laps on a small crappy track. If I am going to do repeat endurance races, it would be on the Nurburgring!~ However, that won't be happening or necessay as you don't open it up until lvl 40.

Oh well.

Yeh im exactly the same... mostly online play now, im enjoying getting cars from the UCD and tuning/testing them out with my mates.
 
I think whoever is responsible for assigning prize cars / credits / xp for races in A-Spec and B-Spec should NEVER work on another game again.

So many crappy standard prize cars. Why not give you premium prize cars that you can use for the next race? Why not give really great premium car prizes for endurance races?

Imagine how bad it was before the seasonal events and online used car dealership. I've never seen a game patch its game design.
 
I started on the endurance races tonight. Not for the cash, XP or prize cars, just because I wanted to do them!

Yeah, I quickly realized I'm no longer the spry 17/18 year old I was when GT4 was on the scene. The first endurance race, 60 laps/2 hours at Grand Valley had my eyes hurting within the first 40 minutes. I'm going to need a seriously comfortable setup along with a few energy drinks for the 25 hours.

Oddly enough, I've done many real-life endurance karting events that have you in the drivers seat for an hour at the minimum, and while they're physically taxing, I never got mentally tired like GT does to me.
 
I think whoever is responsible for assigning prize cars / credits / xp for races in A-Spec and B-Spec should NEVER work on another game again.

So many crappy standard prize cars. Why not give you premium prize cars that you can use for the next race? Why not give really great premium car prizes for endurance races?

Imagine how bad it was before the seasonal events and online used car dealership. I've never seen a game patch its game design.

Aye most of the cars you win are dia! but there are a few that i have been really happy to receive :)

Im not happy about the cars you win for the Endurance races... along with the dia amount of money you get... ive just finished the 1000km race and i got 100k... whats that all about?
 
I cant understand what all the rush is about? You dont need to do endurance races over and over again. You don't even have to do them at all. It is a choice, and its a game. I am level 30 A spec, and I have done each of the endurance races I am allowed to enter only once. When I get to level 35 and 40 I might do the 24 hour races, or I might leave them. I have done plenty of the earlier races several times over to earn more money, and to experience different cars. Its a game, it was designed the way it was designed, if you want a 24 hour race to be over in 24 minutes go and play Grid. If (like some) you enjoy the challenge of a longer race then do them. If not, leave them.

As another example, my B spec is now level 39 I have not done the B spec 24 hour race at level 35 yet. But I have had my bobs working on 9 hour races over night, and on championsips to make money when I am not playing.

This is a game. It has options for playing longer races IF you want to do them.
 
Back