Endurance Races - GT6

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo10
  • 32 comments
  • 10,019 views
Messages
154
Brazil
Minas Gerais
Messages
phevo10
Did you want a category "Resistance" like the A-Spec have at GT5?? What's your opinion about the serie??
 
Could you explain more clearly what you are asking for here? I don't understand what suggestion you're making for GT6 and I don't recall seeing a racing series in A-spec under the name "Resistance".
 
Endurance, perhaps? It's one possible interpretation of the Portuguese "resistência".

Endurance races should return, but with more variety of circuits, eligible cars / regulations / series and more races between 1 - 2 hours in length.
 
They should also be spread out through A Spec, not all at once at the end.
 
Could you explain more clearly what you are asking for here? I don't understand what suggestion you're making for GT6 and I don't recall seeing a racing series in A-spec under the name "Resistance".

What do you thing?? Is good, bad?? You want this on GT6 or not??

Endurance, perhaps? It's one possible interpretation of the Portuguese "resistência".

Endurance races should return, but with more variety of circuits, eligible cars / regulations / series and more races between 1 - 2 hours in length.

Yes, that's right!
 
They should also be spread out through A Spec, not all at once at the end.

I think even better would be the ability to do any race whenever you wanted. Menu wise they probably should be grouped so they are easy to find.

Along with endurance should come a realistic damage option that has long pit times when repairing damage. We also need more tire types that have realistically wide operation bands for temperature, track moisture, etc.
 
Yes, all of these things. :)

We still have the problem of at least three distinct desired modes of play in the general GT population: "casual", pure-game-like; career, rpg- / management-like; "sim", sandbox-like. Not to mention the various blends, and all the non-racing modes of play, which maybe aren't relevant here.
As such, there could still be progression aspects for endurance races, either as game-like "boss levels" (in function - they top-off a "tier", say) you work for, or a career choice you work towards.

Not that I expect any of this, but it'd be nice.
 
I think even better would be the ability to do any race whenever you wanted. Menu wise they probably should be grouped so they are easy to find.

Along with endurance should come a realistic damage option that has long pit times when repairing damage. We also need more tire types that have realistically wide operation bands for temperature, track moisture, etc.
All of this, but i'd like for it to require certain licenses in order to take on the endurance races.
 
I think even better would be the ability to do any race whenever you wanted. Menu wise they probably should be grouped so they are easy to find.

In this way, I still think GT2 (and maybe GT3, I can't remember it too clearly) had the best GT Modes. There were some vague limitations on car entry back then (and I think that should be enforced still), but otherwise, the only limitation was current license level. I realize not everyone is even in favour of the licenses, of course, but it was a massively better set up than the required-grinding business GT5 gave us!

Along with endurance should come a realistic damage option that has long pit times when repairing damage. We also need more tire types that have realistically wide operation bands for temperature, track moisture, etc.

Agreed 👍
 
I'm fine with endurance races returning, but if they are going to be more than a few hours in length they better have saves during races on day one. "That isn't realistic. Real-world drivers don't get saves." They also don't do six, twelve, or twenty-four hours by themselves.
 
I'm fine with endurance races returning, but if they are going to be more than a few hours in length they better have saves during races on day one. "That isn't realistic. Real-world drivers don't get saves." They also don't do six, twelve, or twenty-four hours by themselves.
Endurance races need to have saves, 100%.

Gran Turismo 6 is a game dammit.

I don't want to fry my PS3 just for some crappy endurance levels.
 
What do you think?? Is good, bad?? You want this on GT6 or not??

Yes, that's right!

Well now I know what you mean. Yes I do like endurance races and I would also like to see a return of them in GT6 but as long as it has endurance saves like GT5 and probably with realistic failures that might happen in an endurance race.
 
Well now I know what you mean. Yes I do like endurance races and I would also like to see a return of them in GT6 but as long as it has endurance saves like GT5 and probably with realistic failures that might happen in an endurance race.

Yes yes, and I really like a manual box, for change tyres and refil gas!!
 
What is resistance? I dont understand.
 
Maybe read the whole thread before replying? 💡

Maybe because it wasn't fully explained very well in the title? And you didn't understand it either at post number two of this thread.
 
Maybe because it wasn't fully explained very well in the title? Geez....

Yes but it had already been questioned and answered in the thread, it's not hard to read a whole thread before replying with a redundant question, especially when it's only got 15 posts.
 
I'm fine with endurance races returning, but if they are going to be more than a few hours in length they better have saves during races on day one. "That isn't realistic. Real-world drivers don't get saves." They also don't do six, twelve, or twenty-four hours by themselves.

Definitely true. Gt4 gave us help during the enduros with selecting driver line up. Don't understand why it wasn't implemented for GT5. Maybe there's a thread that explains this. Then again, it was. Crazy doing the 24 hour races and letting the computer take over whilst I'm asleep and I wake up finding I'm 3 laps down and the car facing the wrong way on the track! Oh yeah, maybe that's why...
 
Crazy doing the 24 hour races and letting the computer take over whilst I'm asleep and I wake up finding I'm 3 laps down and the car facing the wrong way on the track! Oh yeah, maybe that's why...

I'd imagine if they have intentions of adding this feature back into GT6, they're going to do it properly. Remember GT4 is the first game (I think) to have B-spec developed into it and who knows; maybe PD will pull B-spec off much better for the next game. And I'd imagine that letting your B-spec Bob take over, he would at least be driving the right way around the track :crazy: .
 
They should also be spread out through A Spec, not all at once at the end.

I agree. And I would like to have the option of running Le Mans and N24 in some other class than LMP1/LMP2/Group C. Personally I find the GT cars more interesting.

I did I still understand. Resistance = Endurance?

Yes, Resistance = Endurance. The translation gave the wrong word.
 
I want the GT4-type endurance races, I loved the way you were able to switch between A-Spec and B-Spec.
 
I want the GT4-type endurance races, I loved the way you were able to switch between A-Spec and B-Spec.


This is what i would like also! Plus save the race and do something else on game. Not like it is now where you have to finish the race before doing anything else!
 
I did I still understand. Resistance = Endurance?

Yes it's just some translation issues that happen between switching languages.

This is what i would like also! Plus save the race and do something else on game. Not like it is now where you have to finish the race before doing anything else!

I would love to have endurance races with the ability to switch between A-spec and B-spec. But according to the following post...

...
Then again, it was. Crazy doing the 24 hour races and letting the computer take over whilst I'm asleep and I wake up finding I'm 3 laps down and the car facing the wrong way on the track! Oh yeah, maybe that's why...
Endurance races where you did switch between A-spec to B-spec didn't end up so well. So as I said before, if PD are going to bother adding this, they might as well do it properly while they're at it. I actually haven't tried B-spec in endurance races so I can't really say anything on this.
 
Bring back real endurance races. I was sooo disappointed to complete my S Class on the weekend to find only a 24 min excuse for an endurance race. I take great pride in having completed GT5 99% including all endurance races. Pause is all you need to run to the toilet and let hard core dedication take care of the rest. I was excited when the GT6 release date was Dec as I knew I could get away with a weekend of solid application without the family being too pissed off too.

I would be happy if they bring in with the BSpec upgrade the ability to Bob a few laps mid endurance without saves. So your PS3 runs for 24 hours of race, if you need a toilet break you switch driver via the pits to Bob and then you can take back over. But there should then be a trophy for 24hours without Bob for folk such as myself.

Save defeats the point. No-one wants to keep doing the same track lap after lap after lap if you do it over a week or two. Endurance is just that, endurance.

I suppose you could even get a mate to take over the controller while you catch a bit of shut eye. Ensurance is endurance not a game.
 
I would either see a carrier mode. !!!!! And not just picking races up.

There is already an arcade mode. Only a suggestion.
 
I would either see a carrier mode. !!!!! And not just picking races up.

There is already an arcade mode. Only a suggestion.
An arcade mode with no damage, fuel, or tire wear :rolleyes:
 
Back