Endurance Racing in Career

• Thread starter Animera
  • 401 comments
Finally got round to doing the 1st race of the Tri Nations GT4 Championship, and what a race it was! I had the AI on 90% with full damage on and after 118 laps the gap between myself and 2nd was 0.853s with each of us having to make 1 more pit stop!

Unfortunately, 2nd place got stuck behind some backmarkers in the final stint so I ended up winning by 16s but it was still a great race!

234630_2015-11-07_00004.png

A telemetry screenshot.

VRHive.png

Yea i notice that as well. At first i thought they was getting fuel but really they just sat in the pits.
I'm wondering if this is a bug or if the AI damaged their cars. I'm currently also doing my first Endurance season, and I'm about half an hour from the finish in the Sonoma AEC race. All LMP1s retired already, and almost all LMP2 cars as well .(2 left including myself). From the GT3 group a couple retured as well, from GT4 I believe everyone is still running.

According to the devs that's too complex to implement...
:rolleyes:
That's stupid! I realy wanted to race the Toyota LMP1 with some GT3 cars but the devs are to dam lazy to let me do that. ********!
I'm wondering if this is a bug or if the AI damaged their cars. I'm currently also doing my first Endurance season, and I'm about half an hour from the finish in the Sonoma AEC race. All LMP1s retired already, and almost all LMP2 cars as well .(2 left including myself). From the GT3 group a couple retured as well, from GT4 I believe everyone is still running.
In quli i was following a guy but after a couple of laps he just pulled of the track and stopped. My only ansaw for this is the AI are breaking down!

In quli i was following a guy but after a couple of laps he just pulled of the track and stopped. My only ansaw for this is the AI are breaking down!

I've seen that in several series. Seems like another bug... :indiff:

In that case you should see smoke coming out the broken down AI car, which wasn't the case.i've seen the same behavior from the AI in the Formula Gulf qualifying, and that's a car you can push to the limit without breaking it.

A couple of days ago i did Road America which was the final race of the AEC cup. I had a good race going all day. It started in the day and ended at night. Race was 3 hours. I was in a fuel situation and the final stop i didn't fill it up all the way. Why? Because coming into the pits i was 20 seconds back in 3rd. So i decide to do a little strategy and take a little bit of fuel. I thought i was gonna be good to go until like the last 15 mins of the race. I start short shifting and backing off a lot. I had a 10 second lead when i came out of pits btw so i somewhat had a little breathing room. So that's when i decided to start saving fuel. So anyway the final lap came and i had the second place guy right on my bumper and had no choice to go all out. I ran out in the of middle of the course. Finished last. So 3rd, 8th and 8th. 2 of them because of fuel reasons. Even though sonoma my dumb bspec driver didn't come get gas. I enjoyed multi class racing. Gonna enter a different cup next season. Probably the tri nationals 1000 probably.

I tried yesterday but i had too many bugs. I had to remove flags and penalties and set damage to aesthetic only to make it playable because in the first run i exploded on a "track mine" out of nowhere and got DQ in the pit stop.

Despite that i had 2 out of 2 pit stops with wrong tires ( selected soft --> gave me medium and hard) in the second run. This however is happening in every pitspot of the game.

I'll play all the endurances at the minimum lenght allowed. No way i will embark in xx hours gameplay and than get spoiled by a bug. Moreover I have no ambition in simulating a real endurance experience.

The Tri Nations 1000 GT endurance race at Silverstone is the toughest endurance race in career.
It doesn't help when you get 1 AI who is so fast that he is impossible to catch, and when Bob can't even get past a backmarker during his stint it is very frustrating.
Had to be satisfied with 2nd place.

The Tri Nations 1000 GT endurance race at Silverstone is the toughest endurance race in career.
It doesn't help when you get 1 AI who is so fast that he is impossible to catch, and when Bob can't even get past a backmarker during his stint it is very frustrating.
Had to be satisfied with 2nd place.
Bob was being too cautious because the tires were almost shot ?
If not, since he can't get by a Mustang, I'd fire him.. :D

Can you disable just the spotter in Crew Chief ? It would work on my nerves...

Hah! If I fire Bob I may get a worse one, so I'll stick with him.
We've had lots of wins together.

Yes, you can turn off the spotter.

Shared my tale in the video thread, then saw this.

Cliff's Notes: I'll try again near New Years.

Even when it's easy, it ain't easy...

I got invited to this:

Project%2BCARS_20151210224604.jpg

...and thought "you've got a 3-day weekend coming up, why not go the distance and do the full 24 hours?"

"Well", I replied, "that's because it's pretty damn stupid."

"Yeah, but Luigi Chinetti."
(expletive)

This isn't the first time my mouth has written a check my body couldn't cash. Now I have to find a car that my butt can't afford.

Marek RP 339H LMP1? No.

Aston Martin Racing DBR1-2? Yes.

And then the day of the race came...

1st attempt- 3 hours, disqualified.
2nd attempt- 4 hours, disqualified.

Looks like I'll be losing next weekend, too.

Bob was being too cautious because the tires were almost shot ?
If not, since he can't get by a Mustang, I'd fire him.. :D

Can you disable just the spotter in Crew Chief ? It would work on my nerves...
Yes, you click on Properties and get a big choice of what info you want enabled, as well as the frequency of it. I'd like to have the spotter on but have him not tell me about every single car I pass but I don't think it's possible, so it's just on/off really.

Yes, you click on Properties and get a big choice of what info you want enabled, as well as the frequency of it. I'd like to have the spotter on but have him not tell me about every single car I pass but I don't think it's possible, so it's just on/off really.
I have not got Crew Chief (yet). I'm still enjoying the Stigs comments being off most of the time :lol:
But eventually I will probably have Crew Chief joining PCars Dash, but I don't like this spotter. I would not need that feature anyway, since I'm on triple screens. Good to know it can be disabled.

You can set the spotter to ignore cars that you are passing and only notify you when you are being overtaken.
Like @bleeder said, there are lots of options to setup crew chief to behave how you want him too.

You can set the spotter to ignore cars that you are passing and only notify you when you are being overtaken.
Like @bleeder said, there are lots of options to setup crew chief to behave how you want him too.
I tried that but it didn't appear to have any effect. I see there's 2 checkboxes, one for spotter on, the other about overtakes. I've tried both boxes ticked and just the overtake one but I'm sure the spotter was still saying 'car right' when I was passing, for example. Any tips?

I have to say that the AI improved a lot in terms of overtaking backmarkers. I Yesterday ran a multiclass race with GTs (which is obviously still awfully messed up cause of how it mixes ancient with modern cars) and the F1 GTR in front of me almost lost no time overlapping the backmarkers. Something which I was hoping for to catch up with him, and it was at ZOLDER, which is not the track with the easiest overtaking opportunities.

Good to see people are persevering with endurance races. I'll try and get back into it in the New Year. For the time being I'm on my 6th season in formula Rookie having not had a contract offer for the next higher tiered open-wheel championship. Reason being, poor AI wrecking almost every race for me. The only way around it is to lower the AI level so they are uncompetitive... but where's the fun in that.

Sakkitto, the final round of the Tri Nations 1000 GT Endurance Championship.
The AI are slower around here so I qualified on pole quite easily.

234630_2015-12-28_00001.png

Looked like some bad weather was rolling in, but it stayed dry.

234630_2015-12-28_00003.png

Bob must have been upset that I posted a video showing him struggling to pass a backmarker in the previous race, in this race he dispatched them quickly.

234630_2015-12-28_00004.png

A win for Bob and I and we are the Tri Nations Champions!

234630_2015-12-28_00005.png

WEC round 4 - Sakitto - RWD P30 LMP1
Shortened the race to 1.5 hours. Race stated wet, after 40 minutes starts drying out so stopped for tyres. 10 seconds ahead, 20 mins from the end of the race it's almost dark... but starts to rain. I came into the pits way too hot, smashed into the pit wall and a wheel came off.
"No problem" I thought, "I'm already in the pits, my wonderful crew will just pop another one and I'll be on my way."

NO

Stupid AI pit lane driver goes the whole length of the pit lane without stopping. No new tyres, no damage repairs, no replacement wheel. GAME OVER.

to all the guys doing endurance at full race length, firstly respect, secondly how do you do those 12 hour or 24 hour races at full length with no pause/resume ability?

I use Bob to assist with the races so I rarely pause.
Today I did the Starlight Glen 6 Hr GT Endurance.
The AI were slow again so I got pole and a good start.

234630_2016-01-02_00001.png

Daylight coming and it looks like some rain coming, but again it stayed clear.

234630_2016-01-02_00003.png

Passing a backmarker.

234630_2016-01-02_00005.png

Last lap and really low on fuel so I was short shifting to make it to the end.

234630_2016-01-02_00006.png

Next up, I'm looking forward to this!

Nordschleife.png

I'm still in the WEC series but got it on hold until they fix the tires which hopefully is in patch 8.0. My god i love muticlass racing. Can't wait until i get back to it.

Back