Endurance Racing in Offline

• Thread starter monildan
  • 69 comments
United States
Los Angeles
monildantara
I do not play online much. for me, the biggest draw of a GT game is the endurance racing where i can pick one car and drive it over the course of 4-6-10 hrs etc and learn all the nuances of the car. Are we going to get proper endurance racing in GT6 at all? with or without B-spec??

I really miss the endurance races, they could make exciting stuff with the B-spec.
But, also, why can't we set tire wear and fuel consumption on arcade mode? I play 99% offline and the arcade mode in GT6 is 6 steps backward compared to GT5.

I agree with you Monildan, as soon as i saw the thread about kaz going to answer question the first idea that popped in my head was where are endurance races. The same goes for me, i spend time playing GT mostly offline and i would be glad if more races came to the offline content, especially endurances races like 24 hrs of le mans and nurburgring. Would appreciate a 24 hrs spa too :)

Last edited:
I started hating GT6 because of what it is now. All i see when i start up this game is gt academy and thousands of people competing for the best time. What about the simple joy in driving? where is that? i am sick and tired of seasonals that take 20 minutes and the prize is three different colours. Personally, the lack of races and rewards put me in a situation where i will be able to buy that ferrari 250 gto with this tempo in 2016. Repeating the most rewarding races is not an option and it's not exactly fun either.

However, I would love to see class racing, where cars like the C6 Vette, ford GT, and if we ever got an Aston GT race package, all these could are together, along with LMP1 cars...

Great stuff would happen with that, as I hate have to race a C9 with my R18, with a honda fit in the back..

Last edited:
Spent a lot of time in previous versions, in addition to tire & fuel wear in Arcade Mode I miss.
Like to see city night races "All Night Endurance".

Last edited:
@bocky21 - so true!! i completed S-class and was expecting a hidden class to open up just like in GT5.. was so disappointed when nothing of that sort happened.. i honestly believe we need to get proper utilization of the existing tracks and cars in the game already than adding more cars..having said that, i welcome new additions..:cheers:

I might get flamed by this statement, but i sincerely feel that addition of Senna content while great, will not provide the lasting replay ability that we expect out of GT6.. the time trials they are proposing to add are usually going to be a one-and-done affair..

Accurate fuel use with soft pedal using less, accurate tyre wear, again, soft use saves tyre hard use uses it up faster and most important of all, Max damage requiring pit stop to fix.

More people need to vote for this thread.

Up to 2.45 hours like ALMS and Grand Am used to run.

3 Hours like in the Blancpain endurance series.

4 hours like in the ELMS

Variable races in the VLN series.

6 Hours like WEC.

12 hours of Bathurst would be nice.

300KM, 500KM and 1000KM distance races like the Super GT series runs and maybe 1000KM of Monza.

24 hours of Daytona, Le Mans, Spa and Nurburgring.

Accurate fuel and tyre use, realistic stints from player and AI and either use B Spec drivers for teammates or get together with some of the people on your Friends List to take on a race together.

Everyone who takes a stint gets the event cleared in their own save and gets to full credit award on their own game.

One time I put together a list of what would constitute a short, medium, and log timed race and distance race. I would love to see that level of "general" selection in the event generator! (With maybe 10 or more levels for each.)

However, I would love to see class racing, where cars like the C6 Vette, ford GT, and if we ever got an Aston GT race package, all these could are together, along with LMP1 cars...

Great stuff would happen with that, as I hate have to race a C9 with my R18, with a honda fit in the back..

Great idea... that would add much more fun to the endurance experience.

If they were to reintroduce endurance races I would like it to be on the GT4 basis where you could switch between A and B spec drivers. This is more realistic and would enable some genuine variety between drivers in each of the cars given GT5's B-spec Bob personalities.

GT5 really went wrong IMO with making you drive the whole 24 hours yourself (and i say this as someone who did both 24 hour races). It just wasn't realistic and rather boring.

There was a great PS2 games called Total Immersion Racing (i think) which did this. It also had a really advanced AI system where drivers would hold grudges against you in the next race.

in GT5 they gave us 24hrs races, finally.
very sadly at Nürb with totaly awkward car selection.

In GT6 they gave us the cars used in various endurance series, and killed endurances.

can't say how often I did the 4hrs Nürb, and even with that worse LMP crap I did the 24h Nürb various times...
Was excited to drive it finally with matching cars, but meh >.<
Actually endurances been always the main reason for GT to me...

Back