Engine Start!!

• Thread starter Parretze
  • 27 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Am I been really thick or something?! How do I start my engine its only giving me the option to hold circle but it just doesn’t start!!
I’m on T300rs
Don’t won’t to put in to automatic as want it more realistic

Am I been really thick or something?! How do I start my engine its only giving me the option to hold circle but it just doesn’t start!!
I’m on T300rs
Don’t won’t to put in to automatic as want it more realistic
I use the clutch, feather the gas, put it in 1st, and take off.

Edit:G29

I understand the aspect of realism with starting your engine manually.I have my engine my wipers and my lights all on automatic regardless of the game I'm playing

After you press the button to start your engine manually a few times, it loses its charm, or at least for me it does.

I recognize that doesn't help with the original question about how to actually do it.

Seems like a massive waste of a button assignment to me.

If a button box was supported then ok, but it's not. Just another forgotten or ignored aspect of the pc port

Last edited:
I ran out of buttons on my g29 so I have it set to auto. On a lot of games I can map buttons to my h shifter but acc doesn't allow it or recognize it.

Yeah I think I’m with you on this one, played it all day and going back to automatic start knowing that I need other things to assign to buttons.

I understand the aspect of realism with starting your engine manually.I have my engine my wipers and my lights all on automatic regardless of the game I'm playing

After you press the button to start your engine manually a few times, it loses its charm, or at least for me it does.

I recognize that doesn't help with the original question about how to actually do it.

the thing here is:
when you do ignition and engine start manually you are way faster at pit stops. For a pit stop the engine must be off and when you do it manually you can cut ignition (or press engine start button 1 second to stop it) shortly before you come to a stop in your pit box. You can then start ignition again and when the pit time is 2 seconds or so left you can press (and hold) the engine start button and it will immediately start when time is up and you can drive off.
With automatic engine start it's many seconds longer, and every second more is a second too much in racing :)
It's one of these things you just find out after some time playing.

Last edited:
the thing here is:
when you do ignition and engine start manually you are way faster at pit stops. For a pit stop the engine must be off and when you do it manually you can cut ignition (or press engine start button 1 second to stop it) shortly before you come to a stop in your pit box. You can then start ignition again and when the pit time is 2 seconds or so left you can press the engine start button and it will immediately start when time is up and you can drive off.
With automatic engine start it's many seconds longer, and every second more is a second too much in racing :)
And, this is why I love these forums because you can always learn something. That really is fantastic realism and had you not told me I would never have thought it.

Thanks

the thing here is:
when you do ignition and engine start manually you are way faster at pit stops. For a pit stop the engine must be off and when you do it manually you can cut ignition (or press engine start button 1 second to stop it) shortly before you come to a stop in your pit box. You can then start ignition again and when the pit time is 2 seconds or so left you can press (and hold) the engine start button and it will immediately start when time is up and you can drive off.
I just tried this and engine started okay, but then turned off when the car was lowered. What am I doing wrong? Using auto clutch if that matters

I just tried this and engine started okay, but then turned off when the car was lowered. What am I doing wrong? Using auto clutch if that matters
Actually, you should only press engine start when it's 1 second left on the timer. when you press it too early the engine will turn off again. Had this myself yesterday and pressed it a moment too early.

Just press it and hold the button... engine stays running then.

Leave the car in 1st gear and you're away the moment your car hits the deck.

I have been doing this now and works great. Have you ever been Disqualified for having the engine running while the car is still up on jacks? I am getting DSqed a little too often for my liking so I am trying to track down the actual reason. Now I am doing endurance events it is being a pain :-(

I have been doing this now and works great. Have you ever been Disqualified for having the engine running while the car is still up on jacks? I am getting DSqed a little too often for my liking so I am trying to track down the actual reason. Now I am doing endurance events it is being a pain :-(

I have to be honest. I play ACC since it's first early access on Steam and I never had a DQ once. I start to wonder what you guys are doing to get these DQs.
Do you maybe forget driver swap or tyre change? Do you cross the white line that guides onto the track after leaving the pits?

I have to be honest. I play ACC since it's first early access on Steam and I never had a DQ once. I start to wonder what you guys are doing to get these DQs.
Do you maybe forget driver swap or tyre change? Do you cross the white line that guides onto the track after leaving the pits?

It would be helpful to be actually told by the game WHY you are DSQed :-( So no, most of the time I have no idea why I get DSQed.

Not been disqualified for have the engine running, but have for speeding in the pit lane early on in the game.

I've had a DQ for speeding on the way in - though that may have been because I was way over the limit... didn't engage 1st gear and might have been quite a bit over :D

I've also had a drive through for speeding on the way out - took 2nd just a fraction before the exit line.

I've had a DQ for speeding on the way in - though that may have been because I was way over the limit... didn't engage 1st gear and might have been quite a bit over :D

I've also had a drive through for speeding on the way out - took 2nd just a fraction before the exit line.

Snap! Looks like we are making identical errors. Funny thing though that in practice you can speed in the pits without an issue so the game lulls you into a feeling of complacency ;-) Come race time whammo! The game gets you BUT only after you have expended all that effort and time. If you are a little over it is a stop go penalty but a lot they just hit you at the end.

I have been nailed speeding on the way out too :-( The pit limiter needs a big red light that you can see so you know when it is activated.

Is it a DQ in the actual race series for speeding in the pitlane etc? Or do they just apply a time penalty?

Is it a DQ in the actual race series for speeding in the pitlane etc? Or do they just apply a time penalty?

Small infraction is a 30sec stop go penalty a big infraction is a DSQ. Ask me how I know? ;-) I thought the pit limiter was on but I was in second gear and was doing 76kph before I knew it. DSQed :-(

Speeding in the pitlane during a race session can result in the following penalties:

- there is a marginal tolerance for low-level speeding on entry and exit and accidental pit limiter disengagement (if it doesn't last more than a split-second)

- drive-through (DT) is granted for speeding more than a split-second but not exceeding 70km/h

- Stop-and-Go 30 seconds (SNG30) for speeding and exceeding 70km/h, regardless of whether or not you are within time tolerance. If you exceed 70km/h upon entering the pitlane, it will be a severe penalty (for example SNG45).

- DSQ for substantial speeding or completely ignoring the pit speed limit.

Great thread here with rare answers nowhere else to be found!

When you start your engine while you are still jacked up earlier than 1-2 seconds before service is completed (car getting set down from the jacks) the engine stalls (gets killed) the moment the car gets put back onto the tarmac. Even if you clutch. Is there a realistic reason for that?

Last edited:
the thing here is:
how much more time the auto pit stop usually takes compared to manual?

Last edited:
If you have manual engine and hit your marks properly you can save about 4-5 seconds at a pitstop over auto engine.
You don't need to map both ignition and engine start. Access ignition from the MFD and just map engine start to the wheel, once ignition is on it stays on.
You need to switch the ignition on at the start of sessions, ie practice, quali, race. But once it's done, it's done. Then just use engine start.

Case in point.....I did map both a good while ago. But I managed to catch it during the race, big mistake cos the engine cutout and it doesn't let you just press it again. You have to come to a stop before you can switch it on again.
So don't map it lo.
If you're not doing pitstops, or don't mind losing time then use auto

Latest Posts

Back