::Enhance Your Skills::
::Race 17::

gtp.jpg

Ferrari F430
High Speed Ring Forward
6th June - 12 June
front_34.jpg

Open To All Racers

Event Closes Friday 12th June 23:59(GMT)
Replay deadline is Sunday 14th June 23:59(GMT)

Please read all of the first post

Race Details:
Mode: Arcade: Time trial
Game Spec: Spec III
Physics: Professional
Track: High Speed Ring Forward
Car: Ferrari F430

Rules:
* Lap must be clean, No wall touches, 2 wheels on track at all times.(concrete area's and all hard underground is considered part of the track)
* G25 clutch is Prohibited
* Driving aids are optional
* Standard OLR rules

Save your best lap replay, everyone will need to submit there replay at the end of each round for verification.(replays will need to be posted (as soon as possible) within 48 hours after deadline, replays are to be posted in this thread.)

Standard Clean OLR:
* 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
* rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
* no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
* if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
* no cheating of any kind, nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.
(This includes conduct in the discussion thread. Administrators of this series reserve
the right to suspend or expel racers from this race or series if these guidelines are
breached - think before you post)
* save your best lap/ghost replay

Submitting:
* Submit to ripping_silk through GTPlanet private message.
* You need to include your lap time and your psn username.
* You can only submit your time once.
* The Deadline is 23:59(GMT) 12th June
* Replay deadline is 23:59(GMT) 14th June
* Replay is to be posted in the thread. format example: ripping_silk-1.47.665.zip
* Final round starts on the 12th of June
* if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Time Verification:
* Save your ghost replay.
* All Racers will be required to post their replay in this thread, before 48 hours
after race finish time.
* failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results.
* If you unsure of how to submit a replay, see this page.

2nd- 40
3rd- 30
4th- 25
5th- 20
6th- 15
7th- 10
8th- 9
9th- 8
10th-7
11th-6
12th-5
13th-4
14th-3
15th-2
16th-1

If I've left anything out or if you have any questions, just post and either mad94d or ripping_silk will answer.
Link to online rankings--> online rankings (thanks to team-gt5net.com)
Good Luck Everyone! 👍 👍

EYS Bebo group - Feel free to join.👍

Last edited:
what is the colour of everyones car? mine is that NART blue (I think).

I had a go this morning and I couldn't get into the top 100 (108 after 4 laps). Another forum/race team had a comp here and most of the players are scattered near the top places.

Mad - Just checked out the EYS website - do you by chance have to use wetpaint for schoolwork? I have to for my software subject.

I had a go this morning and I couldn't get into the top 100 (108 after 4 laps). Another forum/race team had a comp here and most of the players are scattered near the top places.

Mad - Just checked out the EYS website - do you by chance have to use wetpaint for schoolwork? I have to for my software subject.

BLACK, just for a change. :)
yeah, this is going to need some work to get anywhere near the top 20. Well out of my reach I'd say.

I think i'm Nart blue also (is that the light metallic?)

Had a run earlier for 30mins after having a week off the machine (i went and downloaded the iracing PC sim......... spent 3 days going nowhere, that sim is ridiculously OTT)....

It's a frustrating combo, the car inspires you to push, but miss a late apex and all you see is wall and red flags....... it's surprisingly well behaved under deceleration whilst putting steering input in as well.

The one session is all i'll run to be honest, after the last few days on iracing my temperament is not the best :grumpy:

1'12.601 for P19 right now........ i expect to be well back into the 20's by the time the event closes.

Great lap from Timo for P2........

Attachments

• osrg - 1'12.601.zip
    106.1 KB · Views: 8
Wow, registered in '05 and was active back then for a short time, but now I'm back :D Probably because of my recent purchase of the DFGT.

Will try this race, and get back later.

Mine is the dark red.👍 Again, red goes faster.:D:lol:

No, I don't have to use it for school. I just saw Animera using it so I decided to use it myself.:D:lol: I've been on once and haven't edited it since.:lol:

Wow! Impressive time Dan.👍 I got to 8th, but i'll be 9th now.;)

Yeah, a 1'11 is what I'll aim for in future sessions, its definitely out there.

osg
Isn't KOR_Joker's lap dirty though???? If so, i don't count his lap mate...... so P1 in my eyes you are.

Yeah, he hits the wall on the last corner.

I had about a 45 minute go today and got a 1'12.3xx which i'm fairly happy with. I may be able to go 0.1 faster, but gonna take some time.

Yeah, he hits the wall on the last corner.

I had about a 45 minute go today and got a 1'12.3xx which i'm fairly happy with. I may be able to go 0.1 faster, but gonna take some time.

Also had a go this morning and got into the 1'12.3xx...did not have a lap yet with which i am happy,but i am not liking this combo at all!!!....
this is a shame because i absolutely love the f430,but this track bores me to death after 3 or 4 laps....:indiff:

anyway,will have 1 or 2 more sessions this week just to get into the top 10,but i have to really push myself to get behind the wheel for this one....:grumpy:...
(well done for the guys who are allready out front...👍👍)

spyrrari.

really? I s'pose if you are using a wheel, there is less fun, but from a Sixaxis user's view, it's a great time to catch up to the front end of the pack. I'm quite strong at HSR, and both directions too - but I never race it in arcade mode....too boring as there's no challenge (but fun in TT)

Mine's Yellow... just seem to think mid engined Ferraris should be yellow, probably 'cos years ago it was chosen just to wind up the red tifosi crowd.

Anyway, loud cars deserve loud colours - look at Lamborghini :)

Well mine is red, but it isn't Rosso Corsa red. The reason, because I use an SD TV and rosso corsa bleeds on my TV.:D:lol: So I chose a darker red.

I can't, ...... my eyes , my EYES !!!!! :crazy:

What?! No bright green Lambo? Shame on you ;o)

We've just been debating in the office here about what colours sports cars should be in:

Some say that metallics shouldn't be allowed - too much like a saloon car... :crazy:
Some are STILL saying that Ferraris should be red, but they weren't sure which red... it's just been pointed out to me that yellow was possibly an early 'official' colour for Ferrari as it is the official colour of Modena.

It used to be that some 85% of Ferraris sold were red, but I'm not so sure today - anybody got any stats on this?

Some are saying all sports cars should be red... :crazy:

Me? I say that colour depends on the body shape, some colours look :yuck: on some cars but not on others. I believe it's why German cars look good in silver: during the design stages the concepts are presented in silver which shows off the body surfacing (and any imperfections) to the best effect.

is my .089 improvment clean, looks a bit dicy, if not, has anyone saved the ghost replay of my .091 lap? i might have to submit that time

Tried some of this race today - around 20 laps and my best time was 1'13.290. I feel I should be able to enter the late 1'12.xxx time region but today I got my summer holiday from the university so it's off to some party. Will try again tomorrow though (yes, sober aswell) :)

Edit: I checked your .089 replay and it does look a bit dicy as you say. You were really close at the end of the bridge and while entering the tunnel - although you didn't hit the wall in those spots IMO. I'm not so sure about your final turn though, when you are near the railings. Didn't notice a decrease in acceleration or hear any sound of impact but looks iffy. Any other opinions?

Last edited:
is my .089 improvment clean, looks a bit dicy, if not, has anyone saved the ghost replay of my .091 lap? i might have to submit that time

I checked it Dan and to be honest its just too close to call in the last turn...there is also a slight movement in the car wich is not caused by the rumblestrip for sure...

I wouldn't take any chances mate...:)

spyrrari.

yep.. it's dirty. I'm sure as I've driven at least 10 just the same kind of laps... It's impossible to notice while driving, but if you follow the car on the next lap it's possible still to decide whether or not to put the lap on board ;)

But I'll save your azz this time. Be more careful in future.. :P

Attachments

• D_Holland_EYS_17_112091.zip
    33.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Lucky Dan:lol: I'm certain the 0.89 lap was dirty too. Great time though, no way anyone else will catch that(unless Timppaq has a go:scared:).

I went faster yesterday, now down to a 1'12.270.:D

Sweet, thanks timppaq for uploading that replay, I never really had any good T2 splits in my second stint, might have another go a bit later, I doubt i'll get the 1'11 time now, last corner is a pain in the but:tup:

I've had 2 go's already, but I seem to struggle on T1, constantly .05 - 0.1 behind.. that's hard to catch from there on. I did do a .096 , but yet to review it properly.. (again, close in the last corner).

Damn i suck at high speed ring, struggled to get in the top 50 :lol:

Will have 1 more go before deadline, currently a dismal 34th

, I doubt i'll get the 1'11 time now, last corner is a pain in the but:tup:

now thats the understatement of the week Dan....lol.
I have been heading for a low 1'12,1xx for more than 15 times or so,only to every time put my arse into the barrier there....:ouch:
will have one more go this week to try to get it right,if after a few laps it doesn't happen,i will stop.
Its really the only time i am not enjoiing a TT at all...:indiff:

anyway,well done again for the runners who did manage a low 1'12 so far....👍

spyrrari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back