::Race 18::
::FINAL ROUND::
gtp.jpg

Ferrari F2007
Suzuka Circuit
13th June - 19th June

f2007.jpg

Open To All Racers

Event Closes Friday 19th June 23:59(GMT)
Replay deadline is Sunday 21st June 23:59(GMT)

Please read all of the first post

Race Details:
Mode: Arcade: Time trial
Game Spec: Spec III
Physics: Professional
Track: Suzuka Circuit
Car: Ferrari F2007

Rules:
* Lap must be clean, No wall touches, 2 wheels on track at all times.(concrete area's and all hard underground is considered part of the track)
* G25 clutch is Prohibited
* Driving aids are optional
* Standard OLR rules

Save your best lap replay, everyone will need to submit there replay at the end of each round for verification.(replays will need to be posted (as soon as possible) within 48 hours after deadline, replays are to be posted in this thread.)

Standard Clean OLR:
* 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
* rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
* no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
* if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
* no cheating of any kind, nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.
(This includes conduct in the discussion thread. Administrators of this series reserve
the right to suspend or expel racers from this race or series if these guidelines are
breached - think before you post)
* save your best lap/ghost replay

Submitting:
* Submit to ripping_silk through GTPlanet private message.
* You need to include your lap time and your psn username.
* You can only submit your time once.
* The Deadline is 23:59(GMT) 19th June
* Replay deadline is 23:59(GMT) 21st June
* Replay is to be posted in the thread. format example: ripping_silk-1.47.665.zip
* if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Time Verification:
* Save your ghost replay.
* All Racers will be required to post their replay in this thread, before 48 hours
after race finish time.
* failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results.
* If you unsure of how to submit a replay, see this page.

2nd- 40
3rd- 30
4th- 25
5th- 20
6th- 15
7th- 10
8th- 9
9th- 8
10th-7
11th-6
12th-5
13th-4
14th-3
15th-2
16th-1

If I've left anything out or if you have any questions, just post and either mad94d or ripping_silk will answer.
Link to online rankings--> online rankings (thanks to team-gt5net.com)
Good Luck Everyone! 👍 👍

EYS Bebo group - Feel free to join.👍

Last edited:
Posted final round early because I will be away at my grandma's all weekend.

I'd just like to say a quick thanks to all who have participated in EYS. It has been a bigger championship and success than what I thought it would be. It is also more competitive than what I thought it would be with many Division 1 guys participating. I hope all of you have learnt a thing or two in the championship and Good luck with the mental F2007 guys.👍:cheers:

o dear, i tryed twice before with this here, didnt get within 5 seconds of the fastest lap. lol....

EDIT: 1'30.872

Last edited:
What a great way to finish this successful championship! Many thanks to the organizers ripping_silk, mad94d, markyboy, also to all the fellow players. Cheers!

Just had a quick run, cracked the top 100 :D

But it would take ALOT of practice to get into the 28's :(

I'm hoping to go faster than what I have in the rankings. I know there's more left, but I want to at least replicate it since I don't have that replay saved.:( But I wouldn't cheat anyway, I'd rather submit a time that I did in the set time zone.;)

Feral feral vehicle......... i can't help thinking as my fingers, wrists and arms ache..... how much damage is this doing to my wheel?

1 x 25min session: 1'31.170. Thats all i'll be doing, you kids must have muscles on muscles and brilliant reflexes to hustle this thing around.

Madison and Ripping, it's been a great comp and although i'm annoyed at my lack of ability in the F2007, my overall efforts have been rewarding i feel...... looking forward to the next incarnation of EYS!

Attachments

• osrg - 1'31.170.zip
    113.9 KB · Views: 9
Thanks osg.👍 Thanks for participating.:cheers:

The F2007 is a hard car to drive, I normally drive in bumper cam. The only car I don't use that camera with is the F2007. Mainly because you're going so fast and you're so low, you can't see the corners coming up. So I use T-Cam in F2007.👍

I had a brief go at this offline, managed to hit a low 29, but I have ambitions to shoot for a sub 1'28.5 lap time

Just did a 1'29.096, a tiny bit slower than my time in the rankings. Hoping to get into the high 28's shortly.👍 I know I have the speed to do it, I just need to link all my sectors together.;)

EDIT: Now at a 1'28.940.:D Really happy with that lap.

Last edited:
Just did a 1'29.096, a tiny bit slower than my time in the rankings. Hoping to get into the high 28's shortly.👍 I know I have the speed to do it, I just need to link all my sectors together.;)

EDIT: Now at a 1'28.940.:D Really happy with that lap.

Great work man!

I think i can get into the 29's if i put the laps in, but 28's are out of the question!!

Great work man!

I think i can get into the 29's if i put the laps in, but 28's are out of the question!!

Thanks mate.👍 I've been 0.2 faster to T1 twice now(38.0xx, current T1 is 38.211) So I know there is more left. I've found that sector 1 determines if it's gonna be faster or not, the 2nd half of the lap is very straight forward in this car with all the downforce.;) So Sector 1 is crucial, but it is definetely a very hard 38 seconds.

Did a crappy 1'28.894 last night, I had problems with feedback, wasn't strong enough, and hence, couldn't feel the grip of the car well enough, also I didnt enjoy driving it, its all to hectic and fast, and very unsatisfying, even when you complete a decent lap, the pain and frustratioins you had to go through to get that lap aren't worth the reward. suzuka is a very technical, difficult boring track

Did a crappy 1'28.894 last night, I had problems with feedback, wasn't strong enough, and hence, couldn't feel the grip of the car well enough, also I didnt enjoy driving it, its all to hectic and fast, and very unsatisfying, even when you complete a decent lap, the pain and frustratioins you had to go through to get that lap aren't worth the reward. suzuka is a very technical, difficult boring track

I had a first 10 minute session last night to see what this combo is about...
As you i lost the feedback in my steeringwheel here and there after few laps ,so decided to turn the ff down to 3(normally on 8-10).
This made the ff constant but obviously its not enough to give you the "feel of the wheels" you need to get everything out of a car....:indiff:

I agree with you that this car is not rewarding at all,i even think it should not be in granturismo but in a formula1 game....i feel that the steering physics are completaly wrong and so the car feels more like a train on rails than a light powerfull racecar...!!!:yuck:

I dont think Suzuka is boring because its technical and difficult,i think thats the charm of this circuit and i love it to death....but thats my personal opinion ofcourse:sly:...

anyways i only maybe have 20 minutes or so left this week to do this combo so i am considering not to at all....i do this to have fun and enjoy myself and not to sit in my playseat shaking my head in disbelief...sorry to react like this toward the end of a fun championship but its just the way i feel....:)

spyrrari.

i agree with you that this car is not rewarding at all,i even think it should not be in granturismo but in a formula1 game....i feel that the steering physics are completaly wrong and so the car feels more like a train on rails than a light powerfull racecar...!!!:yuck:

+1

Yeah, the F2007 through the esses feels like a chore to drive. The front just won't 'bite' which gets very frustrating. I don't think it's a fun car to drive, just fun when you can squeeze a good time out of it.👍

suzuka: technical? yes. Difficult? it can be. Boring? not by a long shot. I think its the best track in GT5P by a mile. I enjoy it a lot.
Although the F2007, I can only agree that it feels wrong (falling back on my endless experience of driving real F1 cars !!:crazy:) (Tongue firmly in cheek) ahem. Even though its hugely quick, sticks like 'whatsit' to a blanket, and is very difficult to drive fast, I find it so very boring, and unrewarding.
I don't think I will be taking an active part in this round. I get no joy from driving the F1. If 5th place wasn't in the bag I'd consider it, but it would only be under duress.
Big ups to those who do set a reasonable time though, I'm not that much a masochist :)

I really dont get why people dont like the F2007, of course it feels like its on rails its a freakin F1 car! I absolutley love driving it, its so much fun.

And i dont know if you guys have watched the youtube videos of a lap of suzuka in gt5 vs a real lap, but they look identical. And it does get loose, you just have to drive it insanely fast

:lol: at Dans post, suzuka is a technical,difficult boring track? theres nothing boring about suzuka

haha I probably should have left out the boring part. I wont submit yet as I may tinker with some feedback settings to see If I can find a nicer rythm

1'28.656 after a 3rd and final session, not that happy with the lap, my t1 wasn't impressive, been .150 faster there, my T1-T2 was very adequate though, but i mistimed the last chickane slightly and had poor exit speed, loosing probably 1 tenth, i used pro steering with FB 7. seemed to help a little, great comp, submitted

Ah man, I'm totally gutted! Won't be able to submit a lap here 'cos i don't have the F1 car, seems I can't just buy it as I haven't cleared the Special licences yet and will need to sort out the F40 times first, before I can have a go... :grumpy:

Anyway, for the few races I've been involved it's been great fun, challenging and I've learned a thing or two, so thanks to mad and ripping and others involved for organising this. :cheers:

Three sessions, given up with a 1'29.888, wouldnt of been able to get much more but pretty pleased to get in the 'sum '1'30' club which only 60 odd people have managed to get in the last 8 months.

Attachments

• Boy__Racer 1'29.888.zip
    114.2 KB · Views: 7
Heres my replay. I'm pleased with my time, as you have to be very quick with your reflexes. Bit disappointed not to get into top 100(managed 384) but gave it everything I had......Thanks for such a great competition, and looking forward to the next one....:):)👍👍...

Attachments

• GTP_Davey07-O37 1'31'258.rar
    137.6 KB · Views: 8
Back