Enhance Your Skills - 18 - FINAL ROUND

• Thread starter Mad94d
  • 53 comments
Here's my replay.

now as this championship is over and we all had a good time(most of it..:dunce:)i hope you will start a next one again...but if you do Madi-san...please dont include this F1 car again...:rolleyes:.....as you can see its not being a popular asset to the EYS thing...if you know what i mean...:sly:

this doesn't take away my huge hands down for your(and rippingsilks)effort to do all the hard work in this fun championship these last weeks/months buddy.....your work is verry much apreciated indeed!!👍👍👍👍

hope to timetrail you for the thausands of seconds soon mate,

spyrrari.

now as this championship is over and we all had a good time(most of it..:dunce:)i hope you will start a next one again...but if you do Madi-san...please dont include this F1 car again...:rolleyes:.....as you can see its not being a popular asset to the EYS thing...if you know what i mean...:sly:

this doesn't take away my huge hands down for your(and rippingsilks)effort to do all the hard work in this fun championship these last weeks/months buddy.....your work is verry much apreciated indeed!!👍👍👍👍

hope to timetrail you for the thausands of seconds soon mate,

spyrrari.

Thanks mate.:cheers:

I'd just like to thanks everyone who has competed in EYS. Without the competitors we can't run a championship thanks guys.👍 I'd also like to thank markyboy92 and ripping_silk. Thanks for the fantastic idea markyboy92, it turned out to be a real success.👍 Thanks also to ripping_silk for doing a fantastic job with the points and checking of the replays.👍 Top job mate!

Hopefully we will run another EYS or something similiar later in the year or maybe even when GT5 comes out!

:cheers: Guys

Yeah, I'd like to say thanks to all who organised EYS. Mad, markyboy (at the start) and ripping silk. Big props to you guys:tup:

Party on PS Home anyone?

Last edited:
Big big THANKS from my side as well to Madison, Markyboy and Ripping for the huge effort in setting these events up and maintaining them! It is a LOT of work, but thanks to people like you the community lives and is fun!

I joined late, couldn't offer huge competition and didn't submit for the last two weeks, for which I'd like to apologize (forgott to save my lap at HSR, and due to my hate for the track didn't bother to repeat my anyways weak time, and the F1 car just isn't my thing, so I didn't even start putting in laps). But I learnt a lot and had good fun in the few races I did participate in!
I think it's great that this kind of event "forces" ;) you into combos you (I) otherwise wouldn't consider, a win for the game or rather us!

Looking forward to future events like this and thanks once more to the organizers for their high dedication to this!!!
:cheers:

Congratulations to Markyboy, rippin silk and to mad for running this very fine series of gran turismo time trialling, it was a blast from start to finish, I look forward to a future competition, hopefully that won't be too long away, cheers.

ps. i fell ill the day before the deadline, bit of a harsh call rippin silk, I did explain I was ill, should have shown a bit of compassion mate, I would have done the same

ps. i fell ill the day before the deadline, bit of a harsh call rippin silk, I did explain I was ill, should have shown a bit of compassion mate, I would have done the same

You have a habit of trying to create your own rules here at GTP and multiple people have shown more than enough compassion in the past already. Then don't try to make someone feel guilty when he just sticks to the rules. If you would respect the people who organise these events some more and also all the time they put in, you would just take the loss and move on. I'm sure that if you can submit your replay 49 minutes late, you also could have submitted your replay in time, even if you're ill.

Whatever man, just delete that comment, it is completely useless to everybody.

Last edited:
ok i have got some ideas for a new improved tournement with maybe prizes, ill have to talk to the other two if there intrested.

Final series results and standing are posted here.

First let me give congratulations to GTP_Mad94d for taking the series win by a hefty margin.
Any many thanks to ALL competitors in the series. Without you, this competition would have not been what it was.

In the end I think it was a reasonably successful series, although it would have been nicer to see the interest in the later rounds match the numbers we had in some of the earlier races (Where we had 19 entrants in Round 6).
There we a number of hiccups along the way from the administration side, and for my part I'd like to apologise for those.

On a less than savoury note I have to comment on the attitude of GTP_D.Holland.
For someone who is probably GT Planets quickest wheelman, I am very disappointed in the constant moaning about the rules, the implementation of those rules and why they shouldn't apply to him.
All I did was apply the rules as I saw them, and be totally impartial in the enforcement of those rules.
Dan, you talk about showing 'compassion' when you say your ill, and yet (for one instance) when I disqualified half the field, (including myself and Madison) in Round 12, compassion you did not show.
The rules all along have been clear, and if you did not gain results in round you entered or intended to enter, the fault lies with you, and you alone. Your sportsmanship leaves something to be desired, and your comments showed nothing but a lack of respect for the rules, those who constructed the rules, and the competitors who followed them.
For me it left a sour taste after all the work that has been put in.

Anyway, with that off my chest, thanks to those who commented on the results tables I worked on, and who appreciated the time that goes into. I'd like to think they added a little something extra to the series, and kept all competitors well informed of their progress.

I think there are many things that can be improved upon if there is to be another EYS series, I have a couple of ideas myself. I would encourage all those with ideas to put them forward.

👍

Thanks very much to you Ripping for your endless dedication in tabling the results, and to Madison for trying to please the masses week in week out with the combo's...........

Given the hiccups towards the end of the championship, i'd understand totally if you both decided against an EYS II.......... but if you do run it again, you can count on my support once more.

do most of you guys run PS home? We should have a get together and play bowling aor do some crazy stuff. (or at least one for the A/NZ, one for European and one for Us participants).

Thanks ripping and osg.👍:cheers:

I tried to choose combos at the beginning that were quite easy and then I slowly ramped it up until at the end we were driving very difficult cars each week at the end of the series. It's very hard to please everybody with there personal favourites that everyone has. That's why sometimes I left the combo up to suggestions in the thread.👍 I'd like to thank GTP_Nuclearfire for competing in a lot of rounds this season.👍

Hopefully this championship did what it was designed to do which was to improve people's driving and "Enhance Your Skills".

:cheers: Guys.

I'd really like to thank ripping_silk for putting an endless amount of effort into EYS including the results tables and replay checking.👍 Thanks mate:cheers: I'd also like to thank markyboy92 for the fantastic idea and I know he is working on another brilliant idea that will be similiar to this but it may have prizes and possible even divisions so it isn't a division 1 white wash. Hopefully that can be more successful than EYS was!:)

I'm quite pleased I was able to win the championship, but if Dan submitted every round he would've absolutely smashed me. Really for me I was mr consistency really with 13 podiums, 5 wins and 6 seconds. So really that's what won it for me. Great job to Dan as well for coming 2nd even though he didn't enter that many rounds, truly phenomenal effort. Also congrats to markboy92 for 3rd.👍 Bad luck to spyrrari as well with a wheel failure halfway through the season, unfortunate because you were in the 'hunt' for the title. A few great results from

Last edited:
Final series results and standing are posted here.

On a less than savoury note I have to comment on the attitude of GTP_D.Holland.
For someone who is probably GT Planets quickest wheelman, I am very disappointed in the constant moaning about the rules, the implementation of those rules and why they shouldn't apply to him.
All I did was apply the rules as I saw them, and be totally impartial in the enforcement of those rules.
Dan, you talk about showing 'compassion' when you say your ill, and yet (for one instance) when I disqualified half the field, (including myself and Madison) in Round 12, compassion you did not show.
The rules all along have been clear, and if you did not gain results in round you entered or intended to enter, the fault lies with you, and you alone. Your sportsmanship leaves something to be desired, and your comments showed nothing but a lack of respect for the rules, those who constructed the rules, and the competitors who followed them.
For me it left a sour taste after all the work that has been put in.

I never expected the descision to be changed, but at least you could have sent me a PM explaining the reasons for your descision, which I would have easily accepted, and possibly a get well message. That would have been just fine.

Mad, thanks, but phenominal is the correct spelling

Actually, it's phenomenal

EDIT: Many congratulations to Madison and Ripping for organising and persisting with a championship despite various issues along the way. You dealt with all of them admirably :cheers:

All the best
Maz

Hmmmm.... Must. Not.

On second thoughts. I won't go there

Edit: Do you ever leave the forum Maz?

Hmmmm.... Must. Not.

On second thoughts. I won't go there

Edit: Do you ever leave the forum Maz?

Only to sleep.

Also congratulations to Madison for winning the championship, and to Timo for a couple of cheeky wins :)

All the best
Maz

Actually, it's phenomenal

:lol:

Many congratulations to Madison and Ripping for organising and persisting with a championship despite various issues along the way. You dealt with all of them admirably :cheers:

+1 👍

Only to sleep.

Also congratulations to Madison for winning the championship, and to Timo for a couple of cheeky wins :)

All the best
Maz

Thanks mate, was nice combos.. @ HSR it's always nice battle as you know it has to be near "perfect" lap to be able to win ;) especially when D.Holland is around

Thanks to Madison, Ripping and Markyboy for organizing this event :cheers:
Although I kind of slacked off towards the end, I know that competing in this
event really helped me as a driver. In particular I think it really helped me make
the transition from using a sixaxis to using the wheel. (Oddly enough, my only podium
placement was at Daytona Superspeedway using the sixaxis :odd: still can't believe
that one, can't even get within .1 of that time with a wheel)

Congratulations on the win Madison :cheers: and thanks to Dan as well--
I can't tell you how many of your ghost replays are on my PS3's hard drive.
You really helped me learn the proper lines for each combo Dan, and I was thrilled whenever I could stay within even 1 second of your laptimes :lol:

Congratulations to all the other competitors as well, and I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for the next competition.

:lol: Hilarious, that dude really needs a hug(pause)

Thanks to Mad and ripping silk and for organizing this event, it really "Enhanced my Skills" for the six or so weeks that i participated.

Props to GTP_Fox, Carl, Lin, CWR and timeattack for flying the U.S. flag. :cheers:

Props to Dan also for setting some amazing times, really great at what he does 👍

Last edited:
Back