• Sjaak
  • GTP_Worst_Driver
  • Neomone
  • GTP_LinPark
  • GTP_DGiant2000
  • GTP_Marooned
  • GTP_MaxAttack

Last edited:
Thanks for considering me Mad, when putting me in Division 1:)! But now i think, that at the end ill be at the same potition that i am now:ouch: (or a bit better)! Even getting top 10 in 2 or 3 TTs wont help much... and the drift will defenetly help, so my goal will be mid division!

Last edited:
Thanks for putting me in Division 1 too, Mad! I am pretty sure I will be in the bottom of the division. There are too many things going on in my personal life now, including having a baby, a full time job, a start-up, and training for marathon... Nevertheless I will give each round a try!

I think one guy from division 1 should go to division 2, in order to balance the racers! Theres 15 in D1 and 13 in D2:idea:👍!

EDIT: Could be me :lol::lol:!

I think one guy from division 1 should go to division 2, in order to balance the racers! Theres 15 in D1 and 13 in D2:idea:👍!

EDIT: Could be me :lol::lol:!

I'd rather me and Paulie just submit 2 times each! :lol:

Given that there are more Div 1 drivers than Div 2 drivers and that this is an "Enhance Your Skills" event, perhaps each Div 1 driver could choose a "protege" in Div 2 to help mentor through this competition? Maybe after week 1 the top driver in Div1 could take the bottom driver in Div 2 and pair up giving advice and coaching where possible. Just trying to think of ways to actually help the Div 2 racers enhance their skills in this because watching a replay really only tells you so much and its an incomplete picture. For instance, the conversation in the Week 1 thread about car placement and direction being so important - that's all well and good, but how does one actually achieve that?

Just some things to think about I suppose.

Given that there are more Div 1 drivers than Div 2 drivers and that this is an "Enhance Your Skills" event, perhaps each Div 1 driver could choose a "protege" in Div 2 to help mentor through this competition? Maybe after week 1 the top driver in Div1 could take the bottom driver in Div 2 and pair up giving advice and coaching where possible. Just trying to think of ways to actually help the Div 2 racers enhance their skills in this because watching a replay really only tells you so much and its an incomplete picture. For instance, the conversation in the Week 1 thread about car placement and direction being so important - that's all well and good, but how does one actually achieve that?

Sounds good, and you would have to share your replays throughout the round to give the mentor a chance to see what your doing wrong/right

And how much are we getting paid to get the short end of the stick? :lol:

Naw JK of course...I would be more than willing to do what I can to help out competitors in D2 👍

great! can you help me out too? :bowdown:

I'm more than willing to help give advice 👍 But I noticed that you're in my Division as well :lol: If you have any questions in particular, or have problems with a certain corner I guess just shoot me a PM and I'll try and give you the best advice I can 👍

Of course watching the top replays is the best starting point, but sometimes there is still a corner around the track that is a bit mystifying, or there is a certain technique used to get through a corner smoothly that isn't easily apparent unless you really analyze the driving technique.

Last edited:
Thanks mad, I'm pretty we'll sittng right where I thought I.would.👍

PAPA..:)

My best advice- roll through the corners as fast as possible, get turned as fast as possible.
Turn 1 at Suzuka is a perfect place to practice those two objectives

Oh yeah, practice... a lot!

I will if you want my opinion/s.

Cheers bud, can use any help I can get. But need to have another proper go before I start asking intelligent questions like "how can I be faster?" :lol:. Right now I'm sitting with a 54.6 not as far off the aliens's pace as usual :) (til now that is, probably getting dropped through the ranks as I type this ....)

Last edited:
My best advice- roll through the corners as fast as possible, get turned as fast as possible.
Turn 1 at Suzuka is a perfect place to practice those two objectives

Oh yeah, practice... a lot!

Great tips mate, will give this a shot 👍

Great tips mate, will give this a shot 👍

:lol: That was not intended for guys that kick my butt!
I don't follow my own advice always- I took turn 1 in 2nd, obviously you can roll though fatser in 3rd :dunce:

(if I help DK go faster I am going to punch myself in the gut!)

Second thought, get sideways through every turn DK :)

I like the idea of offering advice, it was something I tried to do in Season 1 which was come and post some tips in the thread. 👍 So any top guys if you could do that'd be fantastic. 👍

One word of advice i can give is that FFB (Force feed back),Has a great effect on lap times. I have found that certain cars respond differently to force feedback settings. I actually prefer a stronger setting (10),but often try 7 and 5 being the lowest i want to go. I actually saw someone post their FFB setting for the qualifier in the 111R,which was 2 or 3 i cant remember :crazy:

Another suggestion is that if people agree with what i have said after they have tried it,maybey we could have even closer racing (Timetrials),where tuning is not involved, by making a rule that all racers use same FFB. The default setting is 5,but im sure we could have a vote and come to some sort of agreement regarding the FFB strength. :cheers:

Another suggestion is that if people agree with what i have said after they have tried it,maybey we could have even closer racing (Timetrials),where tuning is not involved, by making a rule that all racers use same FFB. The default setting is 5,but im sure we could have a vote and come to some sort of agreement regarding the FFB strength. :cheers:

I don't see ANY point in that. Every driver is different, and having a fixed setting will only cater to one drivers preferences more than another. Not to mention all the wheels are much different in terms of their ultimate FFB strength. For example, the G27 and Fanatec wheels at level 3 or so are about the same strength as a DFGT at 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back