::Round 1::
gtp.jpg

Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06
Suzuka East Circuit
14th December - 21st December

EYSII2.jpg

f2007.jpg

Open To All Racers

Event Closes Monday 21st December 23:59(GMT)
Replay deadline is Wednesday 23rd December 23:59(GMT)

Please read all of the first post

Race Details:
Mode: Arcade: Time trial
Game Spec: Spec III
Physics: Professional
Track: Suzuka East Circuit
Car: Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06

Rules:
* Lap must be clean, No wall touches, 2 wheels on track at all times.(concrete area's and all hard underground is considered part of the track)
* G25 clutch is Prohibited
* Driving aids are optional
* Standard OLR rules
* No Handbrake allowed
* Runs can be done online of offline

Save your best lap replay, everyone will need to submit there replay at the end of each round for verification.(replays will need to be posted (as soon as possible) within 48 hours after deadline, replays are to be posted in this thread.)

Standard Clean OLR:
* 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
* rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
* no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
* if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
* no cheating of any kind, nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.
(This includes conduct in the discussion thread. Administrators of this series reserve the right to suspend or expel racers from this race or series if these guidelines are breached - think before you post)
* save your best lap/ghost replay

Submitting:
* Submit to Mad94d through GTPlanet private message.
* You need to include your lap time and your psn username.
* You can only submit your time once.
* The Deadline is 23:59(GMT) 21st December
* Replay deadline is 23:59(GMT) 23rd December
* Replay is to be posted in the thread. format example: Mad94d-1.47.665.zip
* if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Time Verification:

* Save your ghost replay.
* All Racers will be required to post their replay in this thread, before 48 hours
after race finish time.
* failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results.
* If you unsure of how to submit a replay, see this page.

1st - 15
2nd - 10
3rd - 9
4th - 8
5th - 7
6th - 6
7th - 5
8th - 4
9th - 3
10th - 2
11th - 1

The points system will work as follows...
There will be 2 divisions, each class will get these points. There will be 2 class championships where you will have the oppurtunity to win in your class. But also, there will be an overall championship. The same points will be awarded.

Example:
Division 1 drivers gets 15 points
Division 2 driver gets 15 points

Both will be leading there class, but in the overall championship, both drivers will be equal on points.

Online Rankings
<-- Click

Divisions
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=123472

If I've left anything out or if you have any questions, just post and Mad94d will answer.
Good Luck Everyone! 👍 👍

IMPORTANT NOTE
EYS will be taking a break off over christmas and New Year due to inevitably people (including myself) having a lot on. So the next round will be in 2010.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT NOTE
EYS will be taking a break off over christmas and New Year due to inevitably people (including myself) having a lot on. So the next round will be in 2010.

Woo, nice starting round vehicle, I wanted to give a Viper a bash recently too, but never got around to it in WRS 58.:)

Start the series off with a combo that will be decided by thousandths 👍
Time to get some US flags in the top ten! GO USA :lol:
My German and French TT rivals are sitting 6th and 8th (Hakru and PositionOnePole.) Us 3 are close on our times in almost every TT.

I was chasing GTDrivers_Moose' ghost the other day at this track in another car, and I would be +.1 or so in front of him after turn 1 but I couldnt beat him, so good luck to the ALIENS on trying to knock him off the block.

EYSII theme song- (the DK special)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ygqj3RbHFU

Last edited:
I also added GTP_aussienicko as he did the qualifier to compete as well. 👍

Great work getting everything together on time Mad :cheers:

I'm not that great at Suzuka East myself, but will definitely give it my best this week 👍 I always have a hard time putting a close to perfect lap together around here, as the last turn always seems to be completely hit or miss for me. Not to mention it's quite easy to lose a tenth or so by being just a couple of inches off line through the deal breaker last turn :ill:

I will say that Carl's a beast around this track so I wouldn't be surprised if he walked away with the victory this week :sly:

Nice and simple combo to kick things off 👍

I agree with TA the last corner at Suzuka east is one of the hardest in prologue, its a blind corner with both uphill and downhill parts, and negative camber, and its a weird shape.

Will have a crack after work today

I like that combo. It seems like everything will depend on the last corner:nervous:
But anyway I love to do time trials on short tracks because if you mess up a part of the lap you can just finish it and start again, and times are very close between each other which is exciting.👍

What am i going to do against the D1gold guys with their wheels? Thats what im thinking about right now:banghead:!

Woo, nice starting round vehicle, I wanted to give a Viper a bash recently too, but never got around to it in WRS 58.:)

Now that we're past the deadline, I'll point this out.

What made you think this post was OK, in light of this rule in the WRS thread, under race specifics?

Race Specifics
You have your choice of cars this week. Feel free to test, switch back and forth, whatever you'd like to do. But your choice of cars MUST be kept secret.
And again, under thread rules -

Thread Rules
The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Your Car Choice
  • Any Information which can be used to infer car choice
Did you think nobody participating in WRS would read this thread?

Like the track, dunno about the car, going to have a go now im hoping for like top 5-6 overall in EYS.

EDIT-54.662 First go, some amazing times, 54.2xx is mental & great time nicko already.

Last edited:
Had a first go at this tonight and made my way into the 54s which was my goal for the first run. Feels like there is quite a bit more out there but I'm not sure I can actually pull it off in a single lap.

I see Carl has thrown down the gauntlet for Div 1 - anyone think a sub 54 time is doable? Guess we'll find out.

Unbelievable! Carl made me vomit. Thanks buddy :)

Earlier I said "My German and French TT rivals are sitting 6th and 8th (Hakru and PositionOnePole.)"
Well guess what, I am .02 behind my French buddy :lol: I saw it coming miles away.

Last edited:
Managed a 54.388 in my first session. I see a little more time left by viewing the replay but I don't know if I'll actually be able to do it on the track.

Great performance by Carl! 👍

You guys are getting 54s??? Wow, you really are good drivers!!!

I, on the other hand, am totally useless :lol:. Managed a 59.3xx with a lot of effort. Not an easy combo for a learning driver :P.

Good luck to everyone, congratulations again on those unbelievable times.

My first 1/2 hour stint was hard work keeping that beast on the track,but its still early days. My best time in that session was 54.466. Nice combo Mad 👍

Improvement:

Last edited:
Haven't had a go yet, plan to in an hour or so, any chance you could supply a link to the online leaderboard in the first post? Like you used to in the last EYS, If I'm not mistaken?

Haven't had a go yet, plan to in an hour or so, any chance you could supply a link to the online leaderboard in the first post? Like you used to in the last EYS, If I'm not mistaken?

Yea that would be handy, although if you check the first page you will see DK has posted a link 👍

had my first go tonight, im very rusty at these TT's, took me around 2 hours just to crack the top 20 :indiff:

Currently sitting on a 54.6

Mad has placed a link to the online leaderboard in the first post.

Yeah, it's underlined in bold as "online rankings", that is actually a hyperlink. 👍

Yea that would be handy, although if you check the first page you will see DK has posted a link 👍

had my first go tonight, im very rusty at these TT's, took me around 2 hours just to crack the top 20 :indiff:

Currently sitting on a 54.6

Sorry Tizz, I already pushed you out of the top 20 with a 54.567. I think there may be a little bit in it, but not much, only spent 15mins to half an hour or so. Apparently I just found out my controller is broken too, it can't calibrate to any PS3 with the USB cable plugged in. Once I take the lead out it will calibrate when I press the PS button. I tried it with my brother's lead but it does the same thing, so it has to be the controller. This is not so bad since I can always turn it on for my PS3, but now I can't play 2-player NBA games on my brother's PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back